• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
Yes, it's Brazilian Real. To the best of my knowledge, nothing on Nuuvem is region-locked at the runtime level and only a small percentage of the catalogue is region-locked at the activation level.

awesome, thanks. rising for $5 is a helluva steal, gawt dayum.

Benedict

Repostin for new page.
The game is Toki Tori 2+, not Toki Tori 1

ModBot said:
Instructions for Benedict:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Toki Tori Plus -- MB-CFF57E83BC2220C1 - Taken by Freezard

Alavard

Im curious, does this game have a sense of humor or is it more straightforward?

One of the published reviews (not the user reviews) on the store page says the following:

“Positech has made, I believe, one of the fullest real-world governance simulation games ever conceived. It’s engaging, it’s self-aware, and, at times, it’s funnier than anyone might have expected”
Indie Statik

Based on that quote, I'm not sure if it's being purposely a little bit tongue-in-cheek or if it's unintentionally humorous.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Does the Season Pass of Arkham Origins has all the DLC? Looking over, it has both big ticket DLCs and a lot of the multiplayer nonsense I don't care about.

Are there any pre-order DLC things or stuff like that that I would miss?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I played a bit of Payday 2 last night to see if it was worthwhile enough to buy some of the DLC.

Strangely enough, it's the only game I've ever played in my life that made me motion-sick. I had to stop playing after about 25 minutes because I was felt like I was going to puke.

Anyone else had simulator sickness issues with Payday?

iosefe

I played a bit of Payday 2 last night to see if it was worthwhile enough to buy some of the DLC.

Strangely enough, it's the only game I've ever played in my life that made me motion-sick. I had to stop playing after about 25 minutes because I was felt like I was going to puke.

fix the FOV and maybe mod out CA and you should be fine

Sini

Does the Season Pass of Arkham Origins has all the DLC? Looking over, it has both big ticket DLCs and a lot of the multiplayer nonsense I don't care about.

It doesn't have Black Mask Challenge Pack or online stuff you mentioned.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Deathstroke was supposed to be pre-order DLC but somebody accidentally left the data in the gold build, so he's in the game by default.

Ozium

Oh no, I spent a few dollars more to support a dev that made a great game instead of getting it for cheaper. The horror!

Is it actually great though or is it frosty-great?

They won't -- Valve only has an HQ in Washington State -- a lot of that "required" tax collection is based on whether or not a business has a physical presence in a state; I think Amazon has offices in NYC.

this is what I thought too but as of a month ago Amazon now requires sales tax for Minnesota residents, and there is no amazon store or HQ here as far as I know... someone from the state (not sure which office) evne commented on it and said he didn't know why the taxation started.

fuck amazon

Pupo

Since it probably went overlooked, you can get Final Fantasy stuff at 50% off+20% discount voucher at Gamersgate. Better than nothing I guess? Only the old ones though, not FFXIII.

I only have money on Steam Wallet
;-;
I will wait a bit more for some FF3 and 4 I guess.

Majukun

Yes, it's Brazilian Real. To the best of my knowledge, nothing on Nuuvem is region-locked at the runtime level and only a small percentage of the catalogue is region-locked at the activation level.

any way to know what is region-locked before buying?

Miguel81

And why would you want a Steam controller? I don't understand the appeal.

PnC adventure games on the couch + I really want that right trackpad for freelook. I can use the kb/m, but it's not the most comfortable method. Also, Valve having a pad w/ both DirectInput/Xinput is preferable to SONY(Who don't give a damn) or MS(jacked up DI support).

Kiru

You really gotta remove that CA. The game also has an option to adjust FOV if that is what is causing you issues.

JaseC

So This War of Mine havent seen a great deal yet right?

It's barely two weeks old. A further discount at this point would be a huge slap in the face to early birds.

So. Is there anything I should do when buying from Nuuvem?

Some items cannot be added to your cart unless you have a South American IP. Hola is the quickest and easiest way to get around that.

Knurek

Anyone from a region cheaper than Euro2 (so, just about everybody) wants to host Banner Saga 4-pack?
Or did the recent trading change made 4-packs worthless?

I only have money on Steam Wallet
;-;
I will wait a bit more for some FF3 and 4 I guess.

Damn, sorry to hear about that :( Problem is Square aren't dumb and know the FF titles are probably high in the priority lists, I don't expect more than 50% off at most for most of them. 66% off if we get lucky. Those won't reach the holy 75% off that easily.

edit:

GMG has a deal on Silent Hill Homecoming, $10 and you can apparently use the voucher to kick it even lower.

Still, it's the Silent Hill nobody asked for, I want 1 through 4. 1, even if it's a bloody PSX emulation, I don't care, the other three had PC ports... Konami, pls.

JaseC

Anyone from a region cheaper than Euro2 (so, just about everybody) wants to host Banner Saga 4-pack?
Or did the recent trading change made 4-packs worthless?

Yeah, pretty much, assuming keys as currency. Valve said this:
All new games purchased as a gift and placed in the purchaser's inventory will be untradable for 30 days. The gift may still be gifted at any time. The only change is to trading.

But the reality is more along the lines of this:
Why do I have to wait 30 days to trade my gift?

Steam restricts all gifts from being used in a Steam trade for 30 days after their original purchase date. However, you can still use the ‘Send A Gift’ feature to send this game to a friend at any time.

If you're sent a gift from someone and you add it to your inventory, despite not being the purchaser, the 30-day cooldown applies -- any new gift that is added to any inventory is trading-restricted for 30 days (from the purchase date).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
fix the FOV and maybe mod out CA and you should be fine

You really gotta remove that CA. The game also has an option to adjust FOV if that is what is causing you issues.

Thanks guys, I'll give that a try later. It seems pretty fun but not fun enough to get sick over.

I'm kinda marathoning Defense Grid 2 at the moment. Such a great tower defense game.

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Steel & Steam -- MB-C88C0C7FD18271BA - Taken by Jørdan

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It doesn't have Black Mask Challenge Pack or online stuff you mentioned.

I usually don't play those challenges, but... hrrmm.... I'm not planning on playing it anytime soon....

GOTY it is.

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD is a good price, but it takes place after Assassin's Creed 3, right? The next assassin's creed in line for me is Brotherhood, so I still have a ways to go - I'll pass on that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom