• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like I have to buy a new HDD for my laptop tomorrow. There goes $65 for the Winter Sale.

Dr Dogg

Blimey Endless Legend only just came out. Plus £9.99 for the 60 hours I got out of Black Flag is a steal (though I might be a liiiiittle bit biased :p).

Looks like I have to buy a new HDD for my laptop tomorrow. There goes $65 for the Winter Sale.

Eh I've bought more disc drives than games so far. It's what all the cool kids are doing!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Da DreadLord:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Da DreadLord, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Face Noir -- MB-57DEAB780D48832B - Taken by Htown

L.O.R.D

uMs1u1g.jpg

TAX ?
i never paid for a tax in amazon before m why now ?
fuck it , not buying

Varg

Banned
I had gmod already and its a lot of fun, but I see a lot of error messages for many items when I play. I know I need a certain counterstrike to get those items, but which one is it? This may be the best time for me to snag it.

Ozium

the only way this sale will be a failure is if we go the entire sale without alan wake being a daily

I had gmod already and its a lot of fun, but I see a lot of error messages for many items when I play. I know I need a certain counterstrike to get those items, but which one is it? This may be the best time for me to snag it.

CS: Source

Tecl0n

Most likely, CS Source.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Freedom Cry stand alone is 75%... but the Black Flag DLC of the same thing is 50%

lol

drizzle

Axel Hertz
These sales keep reminding me that Dark Souls is one of the few games that are more expensive in Brazil:

Gwy9GNK.png

Good thing I bought it before the price hike.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Freedom Cry stand alone is 75%... but the Black Flag DLC of the same thing is 50%

lol

Yep was just going to post that - why Ubi, why?

s06ipyL.png

Maybe Black Flag was supposed to be 75% off too

Copons

Yay!
Dat moment when finally Arkham Origins has a price lower than when I bought it, while I still have to properly play Arkham City!

Next Car Game: Wreckfest is an excellent game even if it's in Early Access, it's essentially Destruction Derby 3!

If you're a fan of car carnage and soft-model damage games then check it out. It's well worth it at 50% off.

Benedict

Need more cute.
Edit: THIS IS FOR TOKI TORI 2+!!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Toki Tori Plus -- MB-CFF57E83BC2220C1 - Taken by Freezard

Arkham Oranges for 5 bucks (I assume, cause it's 5.49 in Canada.) Is it time to bite?

Edit: Hmm. Perhaps I should wait for a complete edition instead, what with all that DLC being extra.

derExperte

Parsnip

Styx is intriguing me, but I think I'll wait for winter sales.
Same with Freedom Cry standalone.
I'm not going to play either of them yet anyway.

Yay!
Dat moment when finally Arkham Origins has a price lower than when I bought it, while I still have to properly play Arkham City!
I bought Oranges on release at full price, only actually played it maybe a year after release.

Firebrand

Endless Legend is pretty darn good, with one huge caveat: the AI is reeeeally bad at playing the game. Devs seem to be working hard on the game still though, was a patch a day or two ago that had so many tweaks and fixes the patch notes didn't fit in the Steam news entry (http://forums.amplitude-studios.com...-Release-Notes&p=220854&viewfull=1#post220854).

I've been playing it more than Civ:BE since that launched, but both got some ways to go before feeling complete.

A game that's so bad that it's not even available here?
I still don't own it, but i want it! I am patiently waiting for the removal of GFWL.

Not long and the cancer that is GFWL will soon be gone. Once it's Steamworks I will start a completely new playthrough to help some first-time noobs.

lol. Folklore was the best 7th gen console game.

I laughed heartily. Thanks, just what I needed. :p
I never played that.

Alavard

dat Democracy 3 for 5 dollars tho

Yeah, I think I'm gonna bite. Some of the youtubers/streamers I watch for Civ5, Civ BE, CK2, and EUIV have done some LPs of Democracy 5, so it looks to be somewhat up my alley. I figure I'll get the base game now and if I really enjoy it, I'll pick up DLC for it during the Winter Sale next month.

Miguel81

uMs1u1g.jpg

TAX ?
fuck it , not buying

Amazon has charged tax here in NY for a few years now. Thankfully, Steam hasn't jumped on that bandwagon.

Valve should just hurry and release their Steam Controller. Fucking valve time.

Gabeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnn

That's what I really want, but a DS4 is good enough for the time being(all these console ports).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Arkham Oranges for 5 bucks (I assume, cause it's 5.49 in Canada.) Is it time to bite?

Edit: Hmm. Perhaps I should wait for a complete edition instead, what with all that DLC being extra.

It's cheaper on Nuuvem. Season Pass and DLC for 7.99 reais each, which translates to 3.11 USD each.

Ozium

Yeah, I think I'm gonna bite. Some of the youtubers/streamers I watch for Civ5, Civ BE, CK2, and EUIV have done some LPs of Democracy 5, so it looks to be somewhat up my alley. I figure I'll get the base game now and if I really enjoy it, I'll pick up DLC for it during the Winter Sale next month.

I like the premise of democracy but all the stats and menus look really complicated.. might watch an LP of it like you did to see how it works

Im curious, does this game have a sense of humor or is it more straightforward?

50% off Styx is great. Shouldn't have bought it two weeks ago for more.

Oh no, I spent a few dollars more to support a dev that made a great game instead of getting it for cheaper. The horror!

uMs1u1g.jpg

TAX ?
fuck it , not buying

Your fake US address is probably in a state that Amazon is required to collect sales tax in now.

lol. Folklore was the best 7th gen console game.

Wrong.

Amazon has charged tax here in NY for a few years now. Thankfully, Steam hasn't jumped on that bandwagon.

That's what I really want, but a DS4 is good enough for the time being(all these console ports).

They won't -- Valve only has an HQ in Washington State -- a lot of that "required" tax collection is based on whether or not a business has a physical presence in a state; I think Amazon has offices in NYC.

And why would you want a Steam controller? I don't understand the appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom