• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

So I should expect Steam to start offering playfire rewards that turn into markeplace credit and 20-25% off anything vouchers on a regular basis too, right?

I'd actually liken cards money to playfire rewards, in a roundabout way.
And speaking of playfire and thus GMG, wasn't Styx supposed to pop up on sale there like today or something? Because I have store credit to use and I wouldn't mind using it on that.

Knurek

Monday is price mistakes day

Dr.-Who.gif

Shadownet

Banned
I swore I thought I have Legend of Grimrock in my library.. Where did it go? o.0

I was thinking about trying it out.. It was in a bundle not too long ago..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I already tweeted @Ubisoft and @UbisoftUK (with very little hope) to try to get Dawn of Discovery price with 75% discount - I really want to get into the series, but I'm not sure I'll enjoy it, so I don't want to buy 2070. Dawn of Discovery would be MUCH cheaper if it got a 75% discount as well in the Brazilian Store.

Buying it from the UK Store for 75% would make it pretty much the same price as it is with 40% in the Brazilian Store.

...but I really doubt anything will come out of it. :(

Yeah, being the weekend I don't like the chances. There's are a couple of Ubi devs who are reasonably active on the AssCreed Unity and Far Cry 4 Steam Community hubs; you could try adding them.

Parsnip

So, uh, if they obtained just around what they asked for in their KS (what it was, 400K $?), they would have had enough money to employ 5 people for 6 months and some spare to pay the rent and send out a dozen of backer rewards?

I mean, I'm not able to estimate what something like this would cost in Italy, so of course I cannot talk about San Francisco, but still. Something, somewhere, somehow, is wrong.
SF is super expensive place to live in.

But yeah, the original pitch would have been for a 10 room flash game, basically.

Over a six-to-eight month period, a small team under Tim Schafer's supervision will develop Double Fine's next game, a classic point-and-click adventure. Where it goes from there will unfold in real time for all the backers to see.
A bit longer than 6 to 8 month period, hehe. The pitch video is kind of amusing to look at now as well.
"Whether it goes well or whether it all goes to hell, we're gonna show everything."
"Either the game will be great, or it will be a spectacular failure, caught on camera for everyone to see. Either way, you win. What could possibly go wrong."

Hi folks.
Any games you absolutely recommend or price mistakes happen?
-
I really would have wanted Dawn of Discovery if it was at that price. Ubisoft pls. :(
I guess it'll be only Octodad for me.
You changed your name! But that avi gave you away :)
-
No silly what I'm saying is that you can buy Dragon Age: Origins vanilla and Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate and have two versions in your account. What I was pointing out to NingenJanai was that while they own the Ultimate edition but not the vanilla version that the deals page, because it has the vanilla version as the spotlight it doesn't show up as owned.
To further compound the craziness I was also mentioning what EA even do on their own store, Origin (not Origins hehehe), which you'd have thought they would take a bit more care of...
Which you can see Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe despite having less content than the Ultimate edition is actually £2.50 more.
Is that why you have two versions of DA:I? I would have thought getting the deluxe after vanilla would just make the vanilla version "become" deluxe. Do both versions use the same save file?
-
Also, I am disappoint, GAF
Why did nobody tell me you should leave at least 25% of your SSD space free for optimal read/write speeds?
I've been doing it wrong for the last year...
Wow, that looks like crucial info. Good to know.
-
Sorta OT, but this is too cool not to mention, Super Wolfenstein 3D, it's a "realistic" take on Wolf 3D with some really dumb physics.
http://gamejolt.com/games/shooter/super-wolfenstein-hd-now-with-realistic-physics/39194/
http://giant.gfycat.com/MixedSpotlessBluefish.gif
And it's a free game to download as well! Great.

Shadownet

Banned
Oh wow, did not expect that...
You blanked out the name? Was it Gaben?

It's sad how tempted I am to double dip on Witcher 2 at $3. Must resist!
DO IT! DO IT!

I gave it to you. I have no idea if you redeemed it.

Hmmm I probably didn't then. But Turf just gave me his spare. at blinding speed too at that.
If you still have a spare that I didn't redeem. I'm sure someone else would enjoy it. From what I've heard, it's a great game.

Well it was on sale on Steam for like $20 like yesterday but it's up to $25 now. But if you're willing to wait. I'm sure it will be $20 or maybe even lower during Winter Sale. That's what I'm doing.

Yea $20 is too steep since games that came out last week are already down to like 50% off. Also I am in no rush as I have a backlog of 1500 games

zkylon

zkylewd
so since more people are awake now

i need halp in chapter 14 of valkyria

the one
in which you get pincered attack by two megatanks with infinite reinforcements

it's the utlimate edition yo it should have everything

i hope

yea that's the one

i call it goty edition cos that's what it is

mother fucking game of the generation

I have vanilla, just need the DLC. All monies is gone tho
get a loan

So nothing worth getting today huh?
new vegas, babe

I don't have it.

I have the vanilla version and that's it.
get eet

Turfster

... and that's 20 deaths for this one fight.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I didn't even die this many times on the boss fights before this.

ExoSoul

Banned
Never saw it like that. For us germans everything west of us is west europe and every thing east east europe. We are both west and east and the center of both the world and europe.

For us Portuguese everything past Italy/Greece is Eastern Euro
if you're a racist Portuguese that is

kris.

Banned
Pick up Black Ops 2 Deluxe edition instead, it's supposedly better AND you get COD: World at War.

Oh no, I'm not buying any of them. I'm just surprised as hell that Activision decided to finally concede and put their games up for that low of a price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It says it has tages on the store page for me, has it been really removed?

Yes. Ubi finally patched the Steam versions of Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery and the Venice expansion at the beginning of the year, following ~three years of nothingness.

Yes. Ubi finally patched the Steam versions of Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery and the Venice expansion at the beginning of the year, following ~three years of nothingness.
Thanks, weird they haven't updated the store page, they might loose sales since it still says Tages.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of salazar547, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Noitu Love 2: Devolution -- MB-93E07A4F3CEF5CF1 - Taken by fernandes. 15 entrants total.

t1417296956z1.png

Dr Dogg

I'll let you guys into a little secret Anno 1404 is actually DRM free
(yes you don't even need the Steam client open or installed to run it)

Also great to see even 3 years on after dropping Dragon Age II that it's still the mind boggling performance hog that I left it at.

I had to pay rent, and my dog/cat (whichever you have an emotional affinity for) had to eat food, and basically there's so many games I'll miss out on.

yourfavouriteactororactresscrying.gif

I'll let you guys into a little secret Anno 1404 is actually DRM free
(yes you don't even need the Steam client open or installed to run it)

Also great to see even 3 years on after dropping Dragon Age II that it's still the mind boggling performance hog that I left it at.

DId Ubisoft fix the save issue? They must have, right?

Sini

Reposting these two:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SinineSiil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Buy Anno 1404 Gold -- MB-C76123C12E68E32C - Taken by JustLynx. 34 entrants total.
header_586x192.jpg

t1417295815z1.png
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SinineSiil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-7A41621E16D1B31D - Taken by spindoctor. 71 entrants total.

t1417301512z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom