• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Doesn't cucumber taste better pickled?
?=??

Man those GmG sales today are tempting, have 9$ in credit so I'm not sure if I should jump on Valkyria Chronicles or Alien Isolation.
Valkyria Chronicles!

I thought the studio got into problems with another Company ( King , i believe ) that blocked the studio from releasing another game .

My memory about it is a little fuzzy on that though.
Old News. They're doing their trilogy regardless.
Even King had to see that not even a idiot would confuse a strategy game with vikings with Candy Crush.

Prophane33

For those on the fence about CoD:BO2 for 19.99, you also get a free copy of WaW. So you can think of it as 14.99 for BO2 and 4.99 for WaW (if you don't already own it!).

Anteater

I remember buying terraria for like 5 bucks when i first started buying shit on steam

those were the days

still haven't played terraria

Thorgal

?=??

Valkyria Chronicles!

Old News. They're doing their trilogy regardless.
Even King had to see that not even a idiot would confuse a strategy game with vikings with Candy Crush.

Ah , did not really follow that story , glad it got resolved

in that case ill buy it .

drizzle

Axel Hertz
1404 IS Dawn of Discovery.

I have a funny feeling it was patched out of Anno 2070 in one of the later patches. Don't quote me on that though.

I know 1404 is Dawn of Discovery, but they're two different Steam Registry entries, and I since Ubisoft is Crazy and only discounted one of them, I wonder if they're the same builds.

Kagemusha

The UPlay version of Dawn of Discovery is an older version with DRM. I got it on sale in July. Still haven't played it. Will buy on steam next month. I haven't played Banished yet or Tropico 4.

:p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Noitu Love 2: Devolution -- MB-93E07A4F3CEF5CF1 - Taken by fernandes. 15 entrants total.

t1417296956z1.png

Hum, should I buy South Park on Steam or pay a bit more to get Lara Croft with it at Uplay (even though I'll probably never play it).

Difficult decision...

Saty

You could (and still can some) get last month's AAA games for ~20$ and even as low as 15.5$

October 2013's biggest game (AC4) only went sub-30$ in April 2014. Batman Origins was sub-30 in December.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Black Flag the uPlay version on Steam?

Because I already have it on uPlay.

Technically the Uplay and Steam-integrated Uplay versions of Ubi games are separate apps, but, yeah, there's no getting around the Uplay requirement.

tebunker

Banned
it's been a recurring feeling for a while now.

I am feeling a little better. I was beginning to think that it was me.

I mean don't get me wrong there are some decent sales, and some neat things, but I remember my first Steam sale, Summer 2011, I had just started creeping back in to PC gaming and was sidelined with illness and surgery, and there were some sick deals. Like ridiculous deals on indie games and big games etc. So that got me going, but I am either at a saturation point, or just not easily impressed, or a combination of a lot of stuff.

I wonder if Valve has to be thinking the effectiveness of all these sales is wearing thing, I mean with mid week deals, weekend deals, multiple large seasonal sales etc. I am being programmed to wait, and then wait some more.

rickyson1

Am I the only one that has felt underwhelmed so far regarding the Steam Sale?

it's all about what you have really

wasn't very happy with todays but thats because I already have the ones i'm most interested in today

pretty happy so far overall,might & magic X and banner saga fell to prices I was happy with and picked up a couple other things on the side

tebunker

Banned
it's all about what you have really

wasn't very happy with todays but thats because I already have the ones i'm most interested in today

pretty happy so far overall,might & magic X and banner saga fell to prices I was happy with and picked up a couple other things on the side

I think I missed the Might and Magic deal. Damn. What was it?

Copons

I am feeling a little better. I was beginning to think that it was me.

I mean don't get me wrong there are some decent sales, and some neat things, but I remember my first Steam sale, Summer 2011, I had just started creeping back in to PC gaming and was sidelined with illness and surgery, and there were some sick deals. Like ridiculous deals on indie games and big games etc. So that got me going, but I am either at a saturation point, or just not easily impressed, or a combination of a lot of stuff.

I wonder if Valve has to be thinking the effectiveness of all these sales is wearing thing, I mean with mid week deals, weekend deals, multiple large seasonal sales etc. I am being programmed to wait, and then wait some more.

As anyone who experienced plenty of sales, you're both used to them and already own most of what you need (maybe lacking some recent releases, like me, thus waiting for their price to drop more).
Add to that that in 2011 there weren't all these bundles and alternative stores and stuff.

But just look at it from the point of view of a new user, or (from my standpoint) someone who actually spends more than 3€ on a game: this sale is just great.

EDIT: also, I feel we all easily remember previous deals to be better than what they actually were.
I gave a look to my Steam purchases history in my mailbox, and fuck me, I've spent A LOT in stuff I couldn't even play with my old rig. :D

Its been like that for 2 years now, maybe longer but definitely 2 years minimum. But hwy, this is the cheapest south park has ever been so that's awesome and I'm happy about that at least.

There have been very good deals, I already own most of the stuff I am interested in but this is an entirely different matter.

Also, don't forget than in less than a month there's the Winter sale that is supposed to be much bigger, I reckon this mini-sale is just a teaser of the things to come.

tebunker

Banned
75% off

wasn't featured but there was a franchise thing along with the might & magic heroes 6 feature a couple days ago

Darn, and with Enahnced steam getting boogered it makes it harder to look at stuff... Oh well maybe it will come back. I would have bought it at that price.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Survived 5 days dodging wolves and surviving the harsh climate, only to fall into a lake and drown. Feels bad. I set up a nice little home as a base that had enough supplies to make it to 10 days, easily. :(

Is The Forest good? Seems like the creep factor is high as hell.

Alavard

I'm finding a lot of deals I'm interested in, but have bought very little since I know I can only beat a few more games between now and the Winter Sale, where things will likely be reduced even further.

ViviOggi

We've just sobered up from sales by now. Our backlogs have grown over the years, thanks to unlimited key generation there are great deals to be found on sites like GMG, Nuuvem or Qmwzon all over the year, we've experienced the blessings of RU trading and last but not least there's a new bundle coming out every other day. Without those alternatives and a vastly smaller catalog of games the first sales had everyone go crazy, bagging everything just because it was 75% off. Now it's just a routine and titles you don't want to play immediately can simply wait until the next deal.

I'm sure anyone new to digital distribution on PC would enjoy the current sales just as much as we did in the early days.

derExperte

I don't share the complaints/disappointment (that get brought up every sale no matter how good the offers objectively are). While I haven't bought a ton Rome II, M&M X, Long Dark and Evil Within alone are at least 100hrs worth of gameplay. I also already forgot that I grabbed TRI: Of Friendship and Madness. Yep, it's a real Steam sale alright.

Dr Dogg

No you can't, vanilla is 5 and ultimate is 7.50
Had me thinking ultimate dropped in price :/

No silly what I'm saying is that you can buy Dragon Age: Origins vanilla and Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate and have two versions in your account. What I was pointing out to NingenJanai was that while they own the Ultimate edition but not the vanilla version that the deals page, because it has the vanilla version as the spotlight it doesn't show up as owned.

To further compound the craziness I was also mentioning what EA even do on their own store, Origin (not Origins hehehe), which you'd have thought they would take a bit more care of...
Which you can see Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe despite having less content than the Ultimate edition is actually £2.50 more.

Madn

Any chance Rogue Legacy will be featured in a bundle or should I just get it now?

Edit: Also, did anyone manage to get South Park for free with another game in the EU store or is it strictly America only?

rickyson1

We've just sobered up from sales by now. Our backlogs have grown over the years, thanks to unlimited key generation there are great deals to be found on sites like GMG, Nuuvem or Qmwzon all over the year, we've experienced the blessings of RU trading and last but not least there's a new bundle coming out every other day. Without those alternatives and a vastly smaller catalog of games the first sales had everyone go crazy, bagging everything just because it was 75% off. Now it's just a routine and titles you don't want to play immediately can simply wait until the next deal.

I'm sure anyone new to digital distribution on PC would enjoy the current sales just as much as we did in the early days.

yeah I was actually new to steam when the summer sale rolled around and ended up dropping a couple hundred bucks on it easy

tebunker

Banned
I'm finding a lot of deals I'm interested in, but have bought very little since I know I can only beat a few more games between now and the Winter Sale, where things will likely be reduced even further.

And I think this is the other thing, I look at what I have installed and think, yeah I should play through these first.

I guess I just want to see that one thing or that one deal that makes me stop, find some extra money and say I need that. That to me is what the steam sale used to be about, were you see something you can't refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom