• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

We've just sobered up from sales by now. Our backlogs have grown over the years, thanks to unlimited key generation there are great deals to be found on sites like GMG, Nuuvem or Qmwzon all over the year, we've experienced the blessings of RU trading and last but not least there's a new bundle coming out every other day. Without those alternatives and a vastly smaller catalog of games the first sales had everyone go crazy, bagging everything just because it was 75% off. Now it's just a routine and titles you don't want to play immediately can simply wait until the next deal.

I'm sure anyone new to digital distribution on PC would enjoy the current sales just as much as we did in the early days.

Very true. In fact, throughout the entire year, I've used GMG more than Steam. The sales so far have been fantastic on Steam and outside of it. Indeed, they hold a lessened impact since we one the majority of the titles on sale. There is no doubt in my mind that new folks will be just as enthralled as I was way back when. Having said that, there are still decent deals to be found even for me, but often GMG is doing some clever undercutting, which I love

Dr Dogg

Eh I've always known I'm buying stuff I'm interested in faster than it can be put on the store. There was going to come a point where I hit a bottleneck. Should really be the indication to, you know, play some stuff. Still I'm going to consider this sale more of a window shopping one rather than a spending one and no that has nothing to do with me spending hundreds of pounds on disc drives.

how do you stream at 60fps a game that cant hit 60fps?

ZING!

I bet you could
at 640x480 :p

Tesseract

Banned
finally trimmed my wishlist from 400+ to 140

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23567-1401374124-4.gif

Not sure how much longer Steam can be considered the holy bastians of PC Gaming with poor deals like this and their horrible disregard for Customer Service and consumer laws.

Hmmm... my meager 2gb 770 can't handle 60fps upload with playing TEW... dropped to 30, but still streaming. Probably a good idea of how the gameplay works for people interested...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not sure how much longer Steam can be considered the holy bastians of PC Gaming with poor deals like this and their horrible disregard for Customer Service and consumer laws.

which one exactly is the poor deal? these are better than they have been in a long time. I cant tell if people are trolling or not anymore

Nzyme32

Ah I see someone found the Steam Exploitation sale while I was over at the Exploration sale :p

Jawmuncher

Customer Service is what's going to get them.
The system is just too small for the amount of people on the service.
You shouldn't have to wait ages for purchase questions for what is the biggest Distribution Platform on PC.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I already tweeted @Ubisoft and @UbisoftUK (with very little hope) to try to get Dawn of Discovery price with 75% discount - I really want to get into the series, but I'm not sure I'll enjoy it, so I don't want to buy 2070. Dawn of Discovery would be MUCH cheaper if it got a 75% discount as well in the Brazilian Store.

Buying it from the UK Store for 75% would make it pretty much the same price as it is with 40% in the Brazilian Store.

...but I really doubt anything will come out of it. :(

Sini

Do I need to use fake address to buy from Amazon UK too? I want to get South Park from there.

Edit: I had old fake US address and UK site said this, lol :(
daoCd.png

I'm not even going to try with UK address then

I already tweeted @Ubisoft and @UbisoftUK (with very little hope) to try to get Dawn of Discovery price with 75% discount - I really want to get into the series, but I'm not sure I'll enjoy it, so I don't want to buy 2070. Dawn of Discovery would be MUCH cheaper if it got a 75% discount as well in the Brazilian Store.

Buying it from the UK Store for 75% would make it pretty much the same price as it is with 40% in the Brazilian Store.

...but I really doubt anything will come out of it. :(
Ubi will fix it by making it 40% everywhere

Knurek

That reads just like one of MRORANGE's posts in console threads, good job!

Valve is not responsible for the deals made in sale - the discount is completely up to the publisher.
Also, is their customer support really worse than the "you will surely get to karkland" one from certain other store?

zkylon

zkylewd
there are not many better ways to spend $5 that fallout new vegas goty

basically everyone i know has it but if you don't go go go

Turfster

I really, really, really hate those fucking fire priests in Yaiba.
This fire dude + infinite grenade suiciders fight is getting really old, really fast.

Lain

Do I need to use fake address to buy from Amazon UK too? I want to get South Park from there.

Edit: I had old fake US address and UK site said this, lol :(
daoCd.png

I'm not even going to try with UK address then

Just like you need a US address for the American Amazon, you need a UK address for the GB Amazon. The error message is just... erroneous in what it tells you.

Pachimari

Bought my first game of the sale. Prison Architect.

Now I'm thinking if Black Ops II and Ghosts will go on a 75% sale again this Winter sale or not.

Eh, GMG has VC in sale already, so steam can do it too.

So I should expect Steam to start offering playfire rewards that turn into markeplace credit and 20-25% off anything vouchers on a regular basis too, right?

Bought my first game of the sale. Prison Architect.

Now I'm thinking if Black Ops II and Ghosts will go on a 75% sale again this Winter sale or not.

Wow... 75% off CoD Ghosts applies to the rest of the franchise? Apocalypse confirmed.

I can wait for FF3 and/or 4 discount? or I should give up? =d

Hard to predict -- tomorrow should be the encore day, no?
If that's the case, then I don't know you'll get any deeper of a discount on the FF games... your best bet was probably that Newegg pack that had like 5 FF games for Steam in it.

Sini

Just like you need a US address for the American Amazon, you need a UK address for the GB Amazon. The error message is just... erroneous in what it tells you.
Thank you!
I used University of London address for it and it worked. I took that error message too literally haha.

Jørdan

Thank you very much for the giveaway <3

With £0.63 in my Steam Wallet and a TF2 Key in my inventory I really appreciate this. Going to need a few more card drops in order to purchase it myself, thanks again.

None of you bastards be entering, you've got a big enough backlog as it is :p

Knurek

Of course, I've blown through my Paypal funds for the sale already. Even despite missing out on few games I've wanted (waiting for Telltale stuff to hit 75%, and I don't need another LEGO game right now). Still a few days of deals left. orz

Good thing Monday will be repeats, right guys? Right?

Of course, I've blown through my Paypal funds for the sale already. Even despite missing out on few games I've wanted (waiting for Telltale stuff to hit 75%, and I don't need another LEGO game right now). Still a few days of deals left. orz

Good thing Monday will be repeats, right guys? Right?
Monday is price mistakes day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom