• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. As I said before. This is my first steam sale. This shit is too overwhelming to me.

Too many games and I haven't got the time or inclination to screen which ones are worth it.

Since ive built my PC ive just been sticking to console games with PC versions, or games ive played before.

This sale is too much.

Think im gonna sit this out.

They have been for a few years now haven't they?

EDIT: I mean they last 2 days, under the 2-day ones there are 1-day ones that will refresh daily though.

Daily Deals have been lasting for 2 days for about 4 bit sales now. The games change daily, but they stay at that price for two days.

..but maybe it's different this time.

For sales like this they stick around an extra 24 hours as Yesterday's Sales.

'Dailies' usually last for 48 hours, but a new set rotates in every 24 hours.

Yeah, I know that. But I saw the countdown on the main page (the offers will be over in 2 days) and I thought there won't be daily sales this time.

Arthea

so much about not buying anything till winter sale, I'm so weak!
but Yaiba is mine, corrosive person should be proud of my lack of resolve in this case (><)

Chariot

What about this Lords of Shadow 2 version that includes the DLC? I only see the regular version on my store.
There is a Digital Bundle with the game, 2 costumes and a rune pack and an Ultimate Edition where I just don't know what it's including.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
There is a Digital Bundle with the game, 2 costumes and a rune pack and an Ultimate Edition where I just don't know what it's including.

Isn't Ultimate Edition for the Lords of Shadow 1? It includes the DLC from the console versions.

There's no Bundled version of Lords of Shadow 2 with the good DLC then?

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
OK, Marlow Briggs looks rad, and it's $1. Bit Series is $4.99 for the collection.

Is Castlevania LOS1 worth the sale, I'm interested in playing this, is this the lowest price?

Probably buying LOS2 too.

Ir Mirror of Fate good? I remember the 3DS demo and it sucked...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Other than price errors, the sales will be the same or better during the winter sale as they are for this sale, right?

The discounts will be the same, yes. But aside from AAA shoe-ins like Watch Dogs, I wouldn't ignore an Autumn Sale Daily, just in case the featured deal discount doesn't appear again during the Winter Sale. E.g. I'm jumping on The Long Dark since it's an Early Access title that's set to rise in price and it may not make the cut in a few weeks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Other than price errors, the sales will be the same or better during the winter sale as they are for this sale, right?

Presumably so but nobody knows for sure just yet.

Last year the email leaked where Valve told publishers that they were going to use the same prices for the fall and winter sales. No similar email has leaked this year, so we're not sure if it's the same policy as last year or not.

OK, Marlow Briggs looks rad, and it's $1. Bit Series is $4.99 for the collection.

Is Castlevania LOS1 worth the sale, I'm interested in playing this, is this the lowest price?

Probably buying LOS2 too.

Ir Mirror of Fate good? I remember the 3DS demo and it sucked...

The first LOS is overall more consistent in quality but not as refined in combat as the second game. But still a very gorgeous game despite it may drag a while and can be frustrating if want to go for 100% completion.

The discounts will be the same, yes. But aside from AAA shoe-ins like Watch Dogs, I wouldn't ignore an Autumn Sale Daily, just in case the featured deal discount doesn't appear again during the Winter Sale. E.g. I'm jumping on The Long Dark since it's an Early Access title that's set to rise in price and it may not make the cut in a few weeks.

Presumably so but nobody knows for sure just yet.

Last year the email leaked where Valve told publishers that they were going to use the same prices for the fall and winter sales. No similar email has leaked this year, so we're not sure if it's the same policy as last year or not.

Cool, thanks for the tips. I might snag a few things this sale, but I'm mostly going to sit it out and save it for the winter sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom