• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really the end when you consider the last chapters actually released as DLCs that were included in the PC version.
But I agree, the last fight is really stupid. Would be a perfect boss for aerial combat, but that was only introduced in the sequel. lol

Eh? The boss I'm talking about is the DLC one.

The main-game final barely even rates.
I wasn't paying attention so I never got his name. Just a naked guy with a big stick and slight Ikaruga mechanics.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can I get Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath from a russian trader and run it fine on my region?

Yes. To be clear, the 30-day trading cooldown applies to gifts that the purchaser places in his/her inventory. Gifting directly is still possible and in fact gifts currently in the midst of a cooldown can still be sent directly to another party, either through Steam itself or via e-mail.

FloatOn

That's actually not a bad sale for a few of those. I might pick up Lara Croft (which redeems on Steam, right?) and get a spare key for South Park (which I know redeems on Steam.

RealityExists - here's your South Park deal for under $20, and it comes with a free copy of Lara Croft!

thanks Jshack. I'll keep this in mind if steam fails me.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Kind of tempted by Marlow Briggs, last GoW clone I played was that Wolverine game some months ago and since I beat it I'm sure I still enjoy the formula.

edit: I lied, I also played LoS more recently, but that one doesn't register as a GoW clone in my head for some reason.

Tizoc

Yes. To be clear, the 30-day trading cooldown applies to gifts that the purchaser places in his/her inventory. Gifting directly is still possible and in fact gifts currently in the midst of a cooldown can still be sent directly to another party, either through Steam itself or via e-mail.

Thank you =)

That's actually not a bad sale for a few of those. I might pick up Lara Croft (which redeems on Steam, right?) and get a spare key for South Park (which I know redeems on Steam.

RealityExists - here's your South Park deal for under $20, and it comes with a free copy of Lara Croft!

Piggy-backing on this question: would Tales from the Borderlands redeem on Steam?

My instinct says no, but on the off chance. That's not bad of a deal that uPlay has going there.

Valve used to care about having an organized frontpage (or something that resembled it) during these sale promotions. This one right now is such a clusterfuck with how little effort was put into it. Disappointing.

L.O.R.D

oh god , evil within is $20 now ?

Screen_Shot_2012-09-13_at_9.39.39_AM.png

i bought it day 1 for $45 and stopped play it because of the crashes in chapter 3

Pudge

For anyone thinking about getting Marlow Briggs, jump on in. It's a great little game that was worth it to me at $15. Plays kind of like a Midway console game used to, not perfect, but serviceable and a little over the top.

Also worth noting, the A.R.E.S. EX Upgrade has a discount that stacks with the owner's discount, making it only $1.69 for owners of the original game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Piggy-backing on this question: would Tales from the Borderlands redeem on Steam?

My instinct says no, but on the off chance. That's not bad of a deal that uPlay has going there.

I'm not sure on Borderlands - previous Telltale games purchased outside of Steam have come with a code to redeem them on Telltale's own site. So that's likely what you'd get.

Miguel81

Sorry frost, but Imma have to bite on Strider 2014. I'll also unleash The Evil Within so it ain't all bad.

Yesterday Ozium had mentioned interest in Philip K. Dick-style worlds. There's an old Sierra game called Rise of the Dragon that is also worth a look.

chixdiggit

Interesting except I already have South Park. Can anyone confirm all the games that will activate on Steam from this?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bundle fodder by next week.

as with most games. its a shame but its a reality, im looking at my wishlist and 1 year ago, I would be buying all thes 1-2€ games but now I just know theyll just get bundled sooner or later and im not going to play them now anyway

Just read the new gifting rules.

We had a good run guys.

I'm still kind of confused. Does it mean I can't buy Steam gifts for Modbot giveaways anymore unless I buy it a month in advance?

You can still gift, you just can't trade.

All new games purchased as a gift and placed in the purchaser's inventory will be untradable for 30 days. The gift may still be gifted at any time. The only change is to trading.

Pretty straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom