• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

There is a 151% off discount for Strike Suit Zero: Directors Suit. I assume that is because I own the original version. Sadly I can't add it to my cart and get 10 bucks.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/288370/

Too bad Steam doesn't let you check out if any game has negative price. :(
I would approve this price!

UqKPka3.png

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

3089 Futuristic Action RPG FPS -- MB-2759A2C72ADAA1E7 - Taken by autoduelist
Cubemen -- MB-0AF4079C67ABDCFB - Taken by freshVeggie

By the way, if anyone has an iPhone/iPad, there's a site called freemyapps that gives you points for downloading and trying apps. It takes a while sometimes, sometimes they give a lot of points. Well, if you get 6000 points you can redeem a $20 Steam Giftcard.

Or iTunes, Amazon and Prepaid Visa card too.

I only need 500 points for that $20 steam giftcard

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I suppose I should mention that Enhanced Steam's servers are just being completely swamped. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it without throwing a lot of my own personal money at the problem. :(

Hopefully things should die down in the next few hours and the servers should stabilize. Given the turnout for this sale, I'd say we can plan on seeing a few hours(?) of downtime each day when the deals roll over.

Ruruja

I do hope the Winter sale has 8 hour flash deals though - I kind of enjoyed staying up till 2am only to be disappointed by the community vote and the new flash deals.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I ordered. Are we sure it's a Steam code for both?

They're both "Steamworks" games meaning even retail boxed copies include a Steam key. It also means Steam is required for things like matchmaking and cloud saves.

South Park you'll definitely get a Steam key, Lara Croft I'm like 99.99% certain you will too.

Toki767

They're both "Steamworks" games meaning even retail boxed copies include a Steam key. It also means Steam is required for things like matchmaking and cloud saves.

South Park you'll definitely get a Steam key, Lara Croft I'm like 99.99% certain you will too.

Guess I have to open Uplay to get my keys.

jshackles

Guess I have to open Uplay to get my keys.

The order confirmation email has your South Park key in it as well, though mine took about 20 minutes to arrive.

Miguel81

i know, but i recall there was a patch that optimized some stuff, and i'm not sure the demo got that patch.

It was tolerable on my 7950(Demo). I did have it locked to 30fps during my playtime, though. Your 670 is more powerful, and should fare better due to Nvidia actually having decent OpenGL support.

Mr. Doop

By the way, if anyone has an iPhone/iPad, there's a site called freemyapps that gives you points for downloading and trying apps. It takes a while sometimes, sometimes they give a lot of points. Well, if you get 6000 points you can redeem a $20 Steam Giftcard.

Or iTunes, Amazon and Prepaid Visa card too.

I only need 500 points for that $20 steam giftcard

Is it really legit? Sounds a little too good to be true.

It was tolerable on my 7950(Demo). I did have it locked to 30fps during my playtime, though. Your 670 is more powerful, and should fare better due to Nvidia actually having decent OpenGL support.
guess i'll try the demo. it seems the demo launched after the patch, so maybe i'll get the better version. Thanks for the input :)

According to impressions in this thread the demo got the patch as well. Both released on the same day if I recall correctly.
yeah, saw that on the game news page. downloading the demo now. thank you!

dex3108

Looked at my Wishlist and i am disappointed. Oh well i will wait Winter Sale XD

P.S. Any recommendations for game on sale? My budget is 12$.

NG28

Might jump on that Ubisoft deal for Lara Croft and South Park. I probably won't play either soon, but doubt they'll be much cheaper down the line.

ViviOggi

TEW demo performed like utter shit on my aging rig, so I'll have to pass sadly. Why doesn't Bethesda just dump that sad excuse of an engine when their devs clearly have no way of salvaging it?

yuraya

The sale page layout is fine imo. The only thing I don't understand is why some of the games have enlarged icons. They should decrease them to normal size like the rest and it will all go back to looking the way it always has. (with the exception of flash votes).

Sini

Seems like I won't buy many games at all from this sale since I spotted a discount for Modmic 4 with awesome shipping price and impulse bought that instead.
Only thing I've bought is Hexcells complete pack for friend.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't get it

are the featured deals daily deals or just a selection?

are there no flash sales or publisher sales?

wtf is this shit

edit: oh there i saw the tiny same-color-as-background text saying featured deals are dailies

The self-publishing platform is about to release? Steam to add music and film/television soon?

I would imagine one of the two is coming soon.

i don't get it

wtf is this shit

The first large panel of games are deals that are lasting for 48 hours.

The second large panel of games are deals that are lasting for 24 hours.

I am talking about the panels above the Top Sellers list.

Pudge

The self-publishing platform is about to release? Steam to add music and film/television soon?

I would imagine one of the two is coming soon.

Man. Adding digital movies and/or TV to Steam would be amazing. Steam sales, Movie Humble Bundles... I hope that's what they're doing.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
buy it! it's fun
I'm tempted! I'm just waiting until the last day to make any purchases beyond the daily deals. Do you know how it plays with a keyboard? I don't have a controller to use unfortunately.

If it doesn't play that well, I can always wait to buy it. I'm still working through my backlog (fucking Cave Story).

Alavard

i don't get it

wtf is this shit

edit: oh there i saw the tiny same-color-as-background text saying featured deals are dailies

The flash sales will probably be back for the Winter Sale. And as to the publisher packs, they've been missing for the last few sales. The rational is probably that by now most of the publisher catalogs are so big that relatively few users don't have a single game from them and are looking to buy their whole catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom