• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Wolf ist mein now. Now only to get a PC that can run it. One more week until tax returns...

When I had to proxy install it on an old PC (ie one with a disc drive) it ran quite well on a Q6600 that had a tough life reset to it's stock clocks and a very dusty 480 on a combination of medium to high settings at 1920x1080. Plus knowing a few tweaks now I could have probably got a very smooth experience out of it on that class of hardware.

wilflare

did anyone get spare copies out of that GG pricing error on TNO
I'll pay! :(

was catching up on this thread
saw the GMG offer first...

then the GG

then :(

madjoki

Actually, they're both Store or CD Key subs: 41632 was the original pre-order sub used on the store and 44649 replaced it for a few days following the game's release because there was a sort of "grace period" for beta access, presumably related to the fact that the X1 didn't support digital pre-orders at the time, which left a few-day window post-release as the closest alternative.

Further, if you look into the history of each sub, you'll see "Removed store name" on both.

Ah. Missed that. So I might get Doom 4 beta after all.
Not every Store or CD Key sub has been used in store, it's simply default value for new. (I'd assume it's easier because there's no multiple packages to update)

Parsnip

Deals deals deals everywhere.

Words. How many bilingual are there in steamgaf?
Me me me, pick me, Finnish and English.
(And kind of Swedish and very little German).

So apparently, the Key GMG have given me for Wolfenstein TNO is a Pre-purchase ROW key. Are they meant to be doing that, and do I get what ever pre-purchase stuff that came with it, namely TF2 items iirc?
My nuuvem key was the same.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah. Missed that. So I might get Doom 4 beta after all.
Not every Store or CD Key sub has been used in store, it's simply default value for new. (I'd assume it's easier because there's no multiple packages to update)

Yeah, I know. By "retail-specific" I meant subs of the CD key type.

Shadownet

Banned
Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 3 is out.
Thanks to your collaboration and support via our Customer Support channels and this Live Update blog, we have assembled Patch 3 and are preparing to deploy it on console and PC this week. The rollout itself will begin later this week on PC.

Patch 3 includes over three hundred fixes designed to improve your Assassin’s Creed Unity experience. While you might notice some improvements to framerate as a result of Patch 3, we still have a future patch planned to further address framerate concerns.

You can find a detailed list of fixes in our Forums, but here’s a quick overview of some of the updates you’ll find in Patch 3:

Stability and Performance
Fixed numerous random crashes in Campaign and Co-op modes
Fixed specific framerate drops
Improved task scheduling
Tweaked performance for Reach High Points (Synchronization)

Gameplay (Navigation, Fight and Stealth)
Fixed various navigation issues where players could get stuck
Fixed various haystack issues
Fixed various cover issues
Fixed various camera issues
Fixed various animation issues
Fixed various Booster issues

AI & Crowd
Fixed various animation issues
Fixed various detection issues
Fixed various crowd station issues (bonfires)

Matchmaking, Connectivity and Replication
Fixed various matchmaking issues
Fixed various host migration issues (hand-off occurs more smoothly)
Fixed join-in-progress issues
Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
Fixed various issues in the My Club menu

Menus and HUD

Fixed various menu issues and pop-up overlap issues
Fixed Mission objective & updating issues
Fixed issues in customization menu
Fixed some localization inconsistencies in menus
Fixed some issues in the credits

Mission Tweaks (Campaign, Co-op and Side Content)
Fixed various low-repro walkthrough breaks
Fixed various NPC navigation issues
Fixed inconsistencies in some missions

World and 3D
Adjusted various collisions and navigation mesh issues
Progression and Difficulty
Adjusted various Community Event rewards

PC-Specific
Fixed save game corruption in some cases
Fixed temporal blur from SLI
Fixed graphical corruptions in Character Customization menu
Fixed crash in Character Customization menu on controller auto-switch
Alt+Enter switches windows correctly
NPC on side monitors show correctly
Minor UI improvements

Additionally, we have already begun working on Patch 4 and we expect to have further updates on it in the coming week.

- The Live Updates Team

My physical retail copy key has the same sub name.
8wDOoTU.png

And yes I did get the TF2 items as well.

My physical retail key has the exact same thing. I never got any TF2 items (I have run and played TF2 since, got the Alien Isolation ones).

Edit: Actually I did get them, I'm just forgetful. Got them the same time as the Bioshock Infinite ones.

Dr Dogg

Awesome.

Will pick up
when 75% off

Cheapskate!

Actually some parts like the wildlife and exploration are much, much better than 3. There's a food chain where certain types of animals will hunt the others with you about some where in the middle (eagles are bastards!). Exploration is really great in 4 and just going on a wander can lead you to hidden areas and flipping huge statues and monuments on the side of a mountain. Plus the gyrocopter... alright all I'll say is that it's everything you loved about FC3 and then some.

My physical retail key has the exact same thing. I never got any TF2 items (I have run and played TF2 since, got the Alien Isolation ones).

I wasn't looking out for them as I assumed they'd be a Steam store exclusive but when I ran Idle Master for the first time and it picked up TF2 they popped up in my inventory. I also got Alien Isolation via physical retail but didn't get any TF2 items for that even with firing up TF2 proper so I take it the sub my copy was attached to didn't count. No idea what the score with that is.

Derp

What, does Australia seriously don't count to the world?
USA, ROW, Australia or what?

It's like being rejected from Aquamans team.
Nono I was referring to the discount. I can get the game but it's a bit more pricey. Yeah my bad. Sorry. Had nothing to do with ROW.

Nzyme32

I only just noticed that SteamDB is advising to save up money for the Winter Sale instead of this one, due to an apparent Goo crafting ability that is set to show up.

How does Goo relate to winter or the holiday season?

oh god no

Shadownet

Banned
I feel embarrassed for asking this. But could someone with paypal help me out with something?

I'm trying to get something, but I'm about $5 short. If you can help me out, send me a PM. I'll pay you back in Steam games or something. I can't exactly go to the bank since it's Thanksgiving.

Edit: thank you for those that messaged me. I got it taken care of. :) thank you so much for willing to help out.

sensoft04

Banned
I only just noticed that SteamDB is advising to save up money for the Winter Sale instead of this one, due to an apparent Goo crafting ability that is set to show up.

How does Goo relate to winter or the holiday season?

oh god no

I think you will get it even if you craft badges. Winter event I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom