• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'll build one out of Lego. The best part will be that if I ever crash I can just piece it back together. It'll go well with my future life-size Lego house.

175514.jpg

I don't mind it. I just stack shelves, so it's not the most stimulating work in the world, but since there's no downtime aside from a 15-minute break (I do five-hour shifts), the time flies by. My only gripe is that it's ~a one-hour round trip and my car likes to chug fuel, so once I've put in 2-3 months in I'm going to pursue transfer opportunities in hope of getting a position a bit closer to home.
No trains or buses? At my first college it would take me an hour and a half to get there(2 hours when the train was really slow). Hated it so much, but luckily the school paid for my transportation so I cant complain.

Milamber

I'll build one out of Lego. The best part will be that if I ever crash I can just piece it back together. It'll go well with my future life-size Lego house.

Isn't LEGO like prohibitively expensive compared to everywhere else?

USA - $50 set
Everyone else except Australia - $65
Straya - $150

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No trains or buses? At my first college it would take me an hour and a half to get there(2 hours when the train was really slow). Hated it so much, but luckily the school paid for my transportation so I cant complain.

It doesn't quite bother me to the point where I'd consider public transport. ;)

Isn't LEGO like prohibitively expensive compared to everywhere else?

USA - $50 set
Everyone else except Australia - $65
Straya - $150

Haha, probably. I can't remember the last time I bought a set.

He totally stole my idea.

Maniac

Banned
What did I miss?
All I know is now I don't have to bug people on steam chat.

tracking the new DS2 upgrade thing, the 30 inventory, shadownet the ghost, and think that was it.

Oops, I forgot to say welcome back.

Welcome back! You beautiful smut-peddler you!
<3

Copons

Guys, I'm appreciating SO MUCH all the recent spiders posts. Really.
Thank you.
Like, you know, there isn't ONLY zkylon that has problems with them.
Yesterday I got in the car and I found a spider on my windshield. I waited 10 minutes waiting for its move and hoping it was OUTSIDE, but of course it was inside, and I had to use a used tissue I had lying around to kill it, and then I left the tissue in the car and I forgot about it until now and I suppose overnight it laid eggs and shit and now my car is overwhelmed by spiders.

lol

And then firefox crashed and cart was gone... Would've been very nice price even thought I have both.

And that's why you use Chrome.

Not true, actually you should use it for Enhanced Steam, if anything. :p

for those that missed super cheap wolfenstein: it seems that the version they have on nuuvem registers as a preorder copy, meaning you'll not only get doom 4 beta access but it also includes about $2 worth of TF2 items, so it comes out to around $14 overall. not bad.

Phinor

Found couple of unused keys from RPS bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phinor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

World of Goo -- MB-6535B354B98C4CCA - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete -- MB-918C11B6221530EA - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 1 entrants total.
Audiosurf -- MB-657859B69A533487 - Taken by Lobogris. 5 entrants total.

t1417101046z1.png

JaseC

Hmmm...1/2 of your ping added as delay.

Is that really the best solution they could come up with.

That's clarified later into the conversation:

- going by 16.67 ms/sec, would that mean 100 ping = 50 = 3 frames of delay?

- Yes, 100ms ping = 3 frame delay.

It doesn't sound all that bad, but then I don't play fighting games.

fantomena

It fares better than 3, or at least it did prior to the PhysX patch (it also introduced cloth physics, which aren't achieved using PhysX and thus can't be disabled).

Do you think the game is worth 20$ (or Gold for 30$). Im asking since Ive already finished it on PS4, so I don't know...

JaseC

Do you think the game is worth 20$ (or Gold for 30$). Im asking since Ive already finished it on PS4, so I don't know...

If you've already finished it on the PS4, there's no point in buying the PC version for $20/$30. If you want it for posterity, just wait until it's 75% off.

Derp

for those that missed super cheap wolfenstein: it seems that the version they have on nuuvem registers as a preorder copy, meaning you'll not only get doom 4 beta access but it also includes about $2 worth of TF2 items, so it comes out to around $14 overall. not bad.
I'm just too depressed now. It's like someone was offering me candy in his hands (the $5 Wolf), and when I went to grab it he slapped me in the face. Then a slice of bread fell out of his pants and onto the ground, and he told me to eat that instead.

And then someone across the street said "here have some chocolate" (GMG offering Dishonored). So as I walked across the street he tells me he doesn't like Australians and offers me some yogurt instead.

I don't even know what I'm saying anymore...

Dr Dogg

Well I'm surprised to come to this thread today 1) is not locked seeing that a sale is on and 2) has more new posts than where sale thread left off for me. Wasn't going to bit on anything outside of MGSV GZ (if it bloody well turns up) plus seeing as I've just spent a small fortune on SSD's but The Evil Within for less than a tenner is too tempting.

Edit: And then I fucking scroll up the page and see tha Gamersgate had another pricing meltdown *grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Nzyme32

So apparently, the Key GMG have given me for Wolfenstein TNO is a Pre-purchase ROW key. Are they meant to be doing that, and do I get what ever pre-purchase stuff that came with it, namely TF2 items iirc?

...is it sad that I kinda want to stay home playing games instead of going to my aunts for thanksgiving...? I think I'm gonna bite on evil within when I get home so I'll have that and I just got garden warfare yesterday which is also really fun, I just wanna play games today man

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So apparently, the Key GMG have given me for Wolfenstein TNO is a Pre-purchase ROW key. Are they meant to be doing that, and do I get what ever pre-purchase stuff that came with it, namely TF2 items iirc?

No they probably shouldn't be doing that, and yes you do get the pre-order stuff.

Edit: Oh, is it that Thanksgiving thing today? I should have realised when they said there wasn't going to be a new episode of Serial this week.

madjoki

You get TF2-items. Just launch TF2-items.

I had same code & got items.

No they probably shouldn't be doing that, and yes you do get the pre-order stuff.

You won't get Doom 4 thought, because you should get extra code to reigster on that webpage.

JaseC

Retailers usually cull any leftover pre-order keys, but I'm assuming Bethesda didn't push that request through, leaving GMG free to work through leftover stock. You'll get the TF2 items once you've booted up TF2 (either directly or via SAM/the app id trick) as Bethesda didn't make a retail-specific sub.

Edit: Kindasorta b10.

Shadownet

Banned
Urgh I want to buy that Wolfenstein from GMG so much but no GMG credit :/ I guess no Wolf for me.

Well I already beat it on PS3. But that game is just too good. Hopefully it will be $10 during Winter Sale.

Day 2, and I still haven't spend any money.

Dr Dogg

My physical retail copy key has the same sub name.
8wDOoTU.png

And yes I did get the TF2 items as well.

madjoki

Retailers usually cull any leftover pre-order keys, but I'm assuming Bethesda didn't push that request through, leaving GMG free to work through leftover stock. You'll get the TF2 items once you've booted up TF2 (either directly or via SAM/the app id trick) as Bethesda didn't make a retail-specific sub.

It actually is retail specific sub.

Steam Store preorder: https://steamdb.info/sub/44649/
Retail preorder: https://steamdb.info/sub/41632/

Difference is Doom 4 Beta included in Steam store version.

JaseC

It actually is retail specific sub.

Steam Store preorder: https://steamdb.info/sub/44649/
Retail preorder: https://steamdb.info/sub/41632/

Difference is Doom 4 Beta included in Steam store version.

Actually, they're both Store or CD Key subs: 41632 was the original pre-order sub used on the store and 44649 replaced it for a few days following the game's release because there was a sort of "grace period" for beta access, presumably related to the fact that the X1 didn't support digital pre-orders at the time, which left a window of a few days following launch as the closest alternative.

My account history said:
Wolfenstein: The New Order ROW Pre-Purchase Gift/Guest Pass
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Preorder Bundle Gift/Guest Pass
Tesla Effect Pre-Purchase Gift/Guest Pass

(Since the sub section doesn't have date info, I threw in the two gifts I'd activated before Wolf14 for temporal context.)

Further, if you look into the history of each sub, you'll see "Removed store name" on both.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ok, now I have no idea whether I'll be getting the Doom 4 beta or not. I didn't get any sort of code for it, but I do have "Wolfenstein: The New Order ROW Pre-Purchase" in my account and got the TF2 items.

Edit: Guess I won't be getting the beta.

Derp

Ok, now I have no idea whether I'll be getting the Doom 4 beta or not. I didn't get any sort of code for it, but I do have "Wolfenstein: The New Order ROW Pre-Purchase" in my account and got the TF2 items.

What on earth is ROW?

Nzyme32

Edit: Oh, is it that Thanksgiving thing today? I should have realised when they said there wasn't going to be a new episode of Serial this week.

You get TF2-items. Just launch TF2-items.

I had same code & got items.

You won't get Doom 4 thought, because you should get extra code to reigster on that webpage.

My physical retail copy key has the same sub name.
8wDOoTU.png

And yes I did get the TF2 items as well.

Ah thanks for all the info everyone.

JaseC

You will. It's practically impossible for Bethesda to distinguish those who actually pre-ordered the game from those who bought a pre-order key after its release.

Jawmuncher

Oops, I forgot to say welcome back.

Welcome back! You beautiful smut-peddler you!
<3

It's good to be back.

--------------------

Was company of Heroes 2 ever in a bundle?
I was able to add the DLC from the Humble Bundle to my account but I never remember buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom