• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

have you seen the specs? this game is hella optimized for the Dive In service.

but how would VR be used?

Well VR does work perfectly well in third person rather than first person. Lucky's Tale is a nice example of that along with some of the strategy stuff Oculus have shown off. However that's just me speculating, I don't know how it would work but I love that they are experimenting with it, if it is indeed accurate to begin with

Oh and yes I know of Dive In, but as usual with square, I'm sceptical till I get my hands on it

Chariot

Im bored to death by DR3. Almost at chapter 4, but I want to finish it anyway.
If only the bossfights were more challenging and Nick a bit more of a man. I mean, that guy is slaughtering literally through thousands of zombies and yet he still is scared everything which actually gets people killed just because he hides behind something and tries not to pee himself in cutscenes.

Arthea

how long did it take?

*EDIT* This means war, Arthea
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3928/15295201198_acb6d8ba88_b.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Not really, no
You shamed me, I'll try to post less, it's just so fun and workday ends so fast when I post, but I'll try to resist (><)

Quick question, what's the cheapest way to get Gauntlet on Steam? I just got a 25% off coupon for it, so I was figuring that I could stack it with some other region deals if it's not locked.

The coupon works on the 4 pack as well, so that's pretty awesome.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think that the rule against spoiler tagging lists would really apply here.

It was about people making threads about top 10 lists, and then spoiler tagging the list in case people wanted to be surprised when they read the full article (or watched the video). It was a dumb practice, but I never understood what the potential harm was that it necessitated making a rule against it.

Well, I am literally unable to spoiler tag the whole entire list. I'd have to spoiler tag each entry on the list.

iosefe

Not really, no
You shamed me, I'll try to post less, it's just so fun and workday ends so fast when I post, but I'll try to resist (><)

or don't. I want my war!

Well VR does work perfectly well in third person rather than first person. Lucky's Tale is a nice example of that along with some of the strategy stuff Oculus have shown off. However that's just me speculating, I don't know how it would work but I love that they are experimenting with it, if it is indeed accurate to begin with

Oh and yes I know of Dive In, but as usual with square, I'm sceptical till I get my hands on it
fingers crossed, don't hold your breath

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Yay Preload for Final Fantasy XIII is complete! My body is ready for tomorrow! Haven't gamed on my PC in over a month now haha -___-

I'm still waiting for my GMG key. I have work in the morning, so I at least hope I can get it early enough that the install will be finished when I get home.

Mono

Somehow, I made room for FFXIII and am on the preloading hype train, even though I probably won't have time to play it until late this weekend! ;n;

I'm so glad that they ended up allowing preloading for this monster hard drive-eater!

So I beat Dear Esther.

It was a real drag to play for the first 30 or so minutes, because the narrator is so focused on throwing out big vocabulary, making muddled metaphors, and generally being pessimistic.

This absolutely killed the game for me. I stopped at about 20 minutes in becuase I couldn't stand the writing. It was freshman comp levels of bad! I thought I would fight my way through it because actually like these types of "non-game" games, but I ended up uninstalling and forgetting about it.

From what you've written, it sounds like it gets interesting after that, though! Maybe I'll try it again if I ever am in the mood for a game like that.

Arthea

when you ask so nicely, how can I say no, war it is, bring it on!
War has changed

iQPCbqPEAwcOO.jpg

iosefe

Like I said, I'm always sceptical of square. I can only imagine anything beta by square is even more questionable!
we shall know in 24 hours tops
when you ask so nicely, how can I say no, war it is, bring it on!
War has changed
bring it

anyway, new Steam Beta Client Update\
October 8 - Steam Client Beta Update - October 8
We've just published a new beta which includes the following changes:

General
-Fixed error "Invalid Depot Config" while updating a game owned by multiple users on the same computer

Steam Overlay
-Added preliminary support for games using the Mantle graphics API

Steam Music Player
-Fixed saving out 'Media Keys enabled' on Windows
-Removed the setting for enabling media keys for OS X and Linux, because it is not available on these platforms
-Scanning for new music only on complete downloads, reducing the numbers of scans
-Fixed Settings > Interface > Set Taskbar Preferences

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
This absolutely killed the game for me. I stopped at about 20 minutes in becuase I couldn't stand the writing. It was freshman comp levels of bad! I thought I would fight my way through it because actually like these types of "non-game" games, but I ended up uninstalling and forgetting about it.

From what you've written, it sounds like it gets interesting after that, though! Maybe I'll try it again if I ever am in the mood for a game like that.

I nearly stopped too, but I remembered it was an hour long game, so I trudged along. It's still definitely not the best writing in the world, but it reads as if it were coming from a broken man, which it is.

Snakepit

I've been eyeing kerbal space program for a while now and it happens to be on sale.

Anyone here have it? Do you enjoy it? Is it worth it to buy the game? or is this just false hype...

Alavard

Im bored to death by DR3. Almost at chapter 4, but I want to finish it anyway.

I just finished Dead Rising 3 this past weekend. I was totally ready to be done with it by the time I finished the 4th (and last) DLC chapter, but I really had a lot of fun through the main game itself. I guess the plot wasn't anything really special, but I liked the combat system and the psycho battles.

Turfster

Did anyone manage to ghost their way through Reminiscences 2 in Styx while picking up all the bloody coins? That last one
near the exit with the guy standing there and watching it
is doing my head in.
Tried to distract him with a clone, but that just brought down the whole map on my head =p

I've been eyeing kerbal space program for a while now and it happens to be on sale.

Anyone here have it? Do you enjoy it? Is it worth it to buy the game? or is this just false hype...

Are you a genius/physics major/engineer/NASA employee? If so, BUY IT.

If you're dumb like me, it's awesome but will make your head hurt. You'll mess around with it realize "I'm dumb" and then just go watch youtube clips of truly amazing things being done.

Arthea

I'm still waiting for it to leave EA finally and fully release, seems like forever.

Momentary

Banned
I gotta stay in Steam forum man. This Evil Within crap is about to get me banned. Every time I see cinematic in a these forums, it makes my heart want to explode.

Zafir

When I bought Mordor I got the keys immediately. I bought it the day before release too. But I've heard others have issues.

GMG often release keys early if there is a pre-load.

The reason XIII's keys haven't gone out is most likely because the pre-load was kind of sudden and unexpected. I can't imagine that'd happen for TEW.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I technically fit into 3 out of 4 of those categories
NASA rejection letter though
, I guess I should give it a try. I've heard that it's pretty good but I've also heard that it takes a while to get the hang of it and that once you do it's one of those things that has the capability to consume your life.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I fit into 3 out of 4 of those categories, I guess I should give it a try. I've heard that it's pretty good but I've also heard that it takes a while to get the hang of it and that once you do it's one of those things that has the capability to consume your life.

dat ego :p
jk

iosefe

it's petty good, even just messing around with the parts. lets put this into perspective, before it hit steam, it was 15 bucks. this is 3 more than that, and it's improved greatly, new parts, a total of 3 play modes:
Sandbox, Science, where you are constrained by the science tree, and Career, where it throws in economics and such.

it's worth the current sale price

Hugstable

Banned
how long did it take?

*EDIT* This means war, Arthea
15295201198_acb6d8ba88_b.jpg

I think it took me like a good 2 or 3 hours of downloading -_-. My plan is once it's installed tomorrow, I'm probably gonna switch it from my HDD to my SSD. Pretty excited to finally put some time into thia game though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
dat ego :p
jk

I'm just saying that as someone with a degree in astrophysics, I can understand the appeal of Kerbal Space Program. I've kinda been avoiding it though since it seems like the type of game that I could put 100 hours into and still not be done with.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I'm just saying that as someone with a degree in astrophysics, I can understand the appeal of Kerbal Space Program. I've kinda been avoiding it though since it seems like the type of game that I could put 100 hours into and still not be done with.

yeah, you're probably right ;)

Snakepit

If you're dumb like me, it's awesome but will make your head hurt. You'll mess around with it realize "I'm dumb" and then just go watch youtube clips of truly amazing things being done.
Interesting, I've seen like one video but it seems fun, I love space and all of that good stuff so I think I'll pick it up.
it's petty good, even just messing around with the parts. lets put this into perspective, before it hit steam, it was 15 bucks. this is 3 more than that, and it's improved greatly, new parts, a total of 3 play modes:
Sandbox, Science, where you are constrained by the science tree, and Career, where it throws in economics and such.

Ok,you convinced me I'll buy it tonight after class haha

Okay that's very interesting news... I tried it like the day it went up on Steam and it melted my brain. I built a rocket, watched it do a pirouette and dive into the tarmac, and have been too intimidated to go back.

Sounds like they've added a bunch now, really interested in checking out the Career option.

Have they built an improved tutorial?

jshackles

and whats wrong with putting a hundred hours into rocket science?

Nothing really. I guess just knowing that if I put as much effort into launching Kerbals into space as I did in say, going back to school for a few years, I could probably land a job doing actual rocket science which is something my country needs desperately (in my opinion) to focus on.

But that ship has sailed for me I'm afraid. In a way, I'd be kind of like the soldier who comes home from war after being injured, debating on whether or not they should play the latest Call of Duty game.

iosefe

Interesting, I've seen like one video but it seems fun, I love space and all of that good stuff so I think I'll pick it up.

Ok,you convinced me I'll buy it tonight after class haha
yes good. but i will admit it will be somewhat everwhelming at first
Okay that's very interesting news... I tried it like the day it went up on Steam and it melted my brain. I built a rocket, watched it do a pirouette and dive into the tarmac, and have been too intimidated to go back.

Sounds like they've added a bunch now, really interested in checking out the Career option.

Have they built an improved tutorial?
since coming to steam? there a decent amount of tutorials. a tutorial that runs through the basics of the Vehicle Assembly Building, i believe one for the space plane hanger, too. Construction basics, Flight Basics, Science Basics, Orbiting 101

i haven't really gone through them

But that ship has sailed for me I'm afraid. In a way, I'd be kind of like the soldier who comes home from war after being injured, debating on whether or not they should play the latest Call of Duty game.
fair analogy.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Kerbal is awesome! I suck at it and still have so much fun :)

Scott Manley has a great Youtube channel with lots of interesting Kerbal stuff, including tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/user/szyzyg

And here, take some stuff...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 35 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Paranormal State -- MB-6374CDB2A583BE9D - Taken by Aaron. 3 entrants total.
Summoner -- MB-93EE8D2571251FAB - Taken by diablogod. 12 entrants total.
Infinite Space III Sea of Stars -- MB-83F08149347F57FF - Taken by gaiadyne. 6 entrants total.
Crystals of Time -- MB-870ED64552BBB9AF - Taken by Aaron. 4 entrants total.
Pretentious Game -- MB-20177122F8650FEA - Taken by Aitor. 3 entrants total.
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-4B65B36DD93A2275 - Taken by Cyberquake. 2 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-69008E23CFC7832E - Taken by autoduelist. 2 entrants total.
T.E.C. 3001 -- MB-5C8DCA82DE988175 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Steam Bandits Outpost -- MB-6C755C71CF8D3257 - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
The Cat Lady -- MB-3E7C372C58F8E221 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-6FE6CD311918B385 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 2 entrants total.
Power-Up -- MB-7BA3A98B14793488 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
The Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-BC7EFF3A38F3365F - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.
AquaNox -- MB-20AB9F04861A99C8 - Taken by tylergregg. 2 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-3E61FAF474B27DFB - Taken by princegumby. 1 entrants total.
Defender's Quest Valley of the Forgotten -- MB-BC8A1C2E64787A2C - Taken by fernandes. 3 entrants total.
Bleed -- MB-037B5CE8D335CE82 - Taken by dot. 9 entrants total.
The Sun at Night -- MB-15FDD6D765823E50 - Taken by MillionStabs. 4 entrants total.
Fly'N -- MB-2E9E2271AABF8AFE - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 1 entrants total.
Supreme Commander Gold Edition -- MB-63A4444CFA3E0DAD - Taken by Shadownet. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
SanctuaryRPG (Desura) -- MB-395A0D501D328FC3
Major Mayhem -- MB-F3E52A1F7002268C - Taken by Joonytoon. 1 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-B143EF90F8261059 - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.
Half Life 2 Episode One -- MB-3E012E346D79FC26 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 7 entrants total.
ASCENSION TO THE THRONE -- MB-D13073DB8BB0254E - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-D04CEB4622ADD3EC - Taken by Monooboe. 4 entrants total.
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-116321BB131DBE5F - Taken by Knurek. 1 entrants total.
Battlepaths -- MB-EFEB066C2FF77EB4 - Taken by Rentahamster. 3 entrants total.
CIRCUITS -- MB-DF84D02A35224135 - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.
Puddle -- MB-16C8D116FBDA6406 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 5 entrants total.
Half Life 2 -- MB-D8AEB522334D04A6 - Taken by cardinalmind. 11 entrants total.
Canyon Capers -- MB-9A5C74601E973B68 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-F5D6907A0C89407E - Taken by The Reloader. 1 entrants total.
Toxic Bunny HD -- MB-9B0E3343D74BD6D9 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
AquaNox 2 Revelation -- MB-14E915101E80A7BE - Taken by bluechox2. 3 entrants total.
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-8DDDE88DDF80710C - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.

t1412818841z1.png

Tenrius

The snake does look a bit more horrific in the new version, or maybe it's the crushed blacks?

I don't know, I just like the old colors and overall looks more. Especially those suits of armor, the remastered ones look pretty bad with that glitter. The snake is all wrong, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom