• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I enjoy Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 if I've never watched Naruto?
I don't watch anime but I usually enjoy japanese games.

Here you go, Final Fantasy XIII downsampled to 4k:
(Doesn't look that good)

15302112500_77ed85efd3_h.jpg

The hair looks like a bunch of textures, but the curves of the face are very well modeled, I can only see the polygon edges in the ears.

Dr Dogg

And this is when having shit internet comes into play. If I had FFXIII downloaded and installed I too might flip the fuck out. Instead I'm sat here for at least 16 more hours before it even finishes downloading but but the time I get to install it will be more like 22-24 hours when I get in from work tomorrow. Who knows what might happen by then.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Artemis in the new Humble, nice!

I'm trying for some weeks now to get some friends of mine with laptops to play this, but scheduling is a bitch :p

BTW you can get an Artemis six pack for like 11€ in Putin land

And watch this video should you not know what Artemis is :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Q2X32hZNk

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Danj

Interested to see how FF13 PC turns out, but not planning on buying it until there's a trilogy pack, which I imagine will be sometime next year.

Khronico

Does anyone know if you can accept or initiate trades via the android steam app? Kinda want to nab a copy of space engineers from a trader but idk if that's possible from my phone. I know I can accept gifts sent via email from my phone.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Really? What the hell?
You can buy FFXIII very cheap on PS3 (I was an offer for 5€ or something like that this monday on Gamestop), and they didn't bother to offer the same quality :l

Well, technically speaking, it's got a few things going for it (like 60FPS) but the resolution is currently locked to 720p and the cut scenes are terribly compressed.

Seems like it's somewhere in between. Not as good as the PS3 version, but not as bad as the 360.

In what regards is it worse than the PS3 version? Just the compressed cutscenes? It has 60FPS (sometimes), AF/AA and dual audio. Seems like it's clearly superior to PS3.

jshackles

In what regards is it worse than the PS3 version? Just the compressed cutscenes? It has 60FPS (sometimes), AF/AA and dual audio. Seems like it's clearly superior to PS3.

Even the PS3 version rendered the game (and cut scenes) in 1080p though.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
All the bad press, all the games in the series I have but have yet to complete, all sixty gigs, and I'm still considering FFXIII.

Even the PS3 version rendered the game (and cut scenes) in 1080p though.

Pretty sure the PS3 rendered the game in 720p and the cutscenes in 1080p.

Like i said in the FFXIII thread, it won't be long before some rips the PS3 cutscenes and puts them up on a torrent so we can mod them back in.

Arthea

Really? What the hell?
You can buy FFXIII very cheap on PS3 (I was an offer for 5€ or something like that this monday on Gamestop), and they didn't bother to offer the same quality :l

how come everybody lives in some wonderland but me. FF13 (PS3) never got bellow 20€ wherever I checked and was sold out everywhere long time ago too, and even used here (and in UK) was and still is more than 10€.

Miguel81

Like i said in the FFXIII thread, it won't be long before some rips the PS3 cutscenes and puts them up on a torrent so we can mod them back in.

If that happens, and Durante takes care of the in-game "Issue" then it'll be a blessing.

Volcynika

Does anyone know if you can accept or initiate trades via the android steam app? Kinda want to nab a copy of space engineers from a trader but idk if that's possible from my phone. I know I can accept gifts sent via email from my phone.

Can't do trading via mobile.

jshackles

Are you sure? I checked the DF analysis and it says 720p.

My bad then. Modding the PS3 cut scenes back in would be sweet. I guess it's no different than what we had to do with the FF7 music until SE decided to fix it.

Arthea

If anybody still doesn't have Lyne, I very much recommend getting HWB $1 tier for it.
That's what I usually say about it:

LYNE is equivalent of scribbling doodles on paper, only with purpose, but has the same soothing and calming effect.
Added bonus: goes very well with contemplative music of your choice.
Awesome/10 for relaxation and pondering the answer to life the universe and everything is connected.

Miguel81

My bad then. Modding the PS3 cut scenes back in would be sweet. I guess it's no different than what we had to do with the FF7 music until SE decided to fix it.

It's a lovely thing about PC gaming, and it worked perfectly for Mortal Kombat as the FMV was a tad too compressed in comparison.

Locust

You can accept trade offers from Steam website using a phone, that's it.

Guys. FF13 was $15.

What we're we expecting?

Cutscenes that are not worse and more compressed than the console ones.
Resolution options.

There would be 90% less complaints if they managed even that. (I hope) no one expected tons of customization and settings, but there is no excuse for this.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
This is the first time I hear about this game.

Sadly most people never heard of it, it seems so much fun.
But as seen by myself, it's not that easy to get a room full of people with PCs that are down to playing something like this.

The game is also playable online, but that wouldn't be the same :p

Dr Dogg

Well seeing as I'm doing nothing FF released for a day someone want to tell me what container the video files are in the FFXIII install directory? Just the file extentions will do. Cheers.

It's linear for like 20 hours to the point of causing mass suicide.

EDIT: Wait, did you mean the port?

Tee hee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom