• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thezez

Banned
Finally managed to get on the gamesplanet website, unfortunately it looks like they didn't remember that I had signed up while the site was under heavy load so I've lost my Dead Rising order :(.

I have a confirmation email from them but of course the key wasn't in it, grr.

Gvaz

Banned
howd i do what? get dead rising 3 free? the same way many others here did, got lucky and just so happened to be on gaf while gameplanet's servers were still up. My bro wasn't so lucky though. He got a key but it was already used, which apparently happened to others here as well

oh, ive never even heard of gamesplanet before

Sini

Someone take some of these before I give them to trashbot.
c8YCW.jpg

-removed-

Edit: Two Prison Architect backgrounds left.

Edit2: All gone

Jawmuncher

Dunno if its Blood Dragon or Uplay but whatever it is, its one hell of a hog.
If I'm playing the game I better not alt tab for anything.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so glad that I've finished Skyrim's Daedric sidequests now. I really dislike how that one achievement forces you to do one specific path for the quests, as in, you have to make one choice instead of another for a few of them and making the wrong decision bars you from earning the achievement. I mean, that's not the case for the civil war quests, where it doesn't matter who you side with because you'll still get the achievements anyway.

Hope this means fucking Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis could now have the potential to go on sale.

I have a couple of gifts in my Steam inventory and they say they're not tradable. It says it will be tradable when I'm in good standing for 30 days. One of them I've had for a while and it never said that before. Should I be concerned?

Shadownet

Banned
I have a couple of gifts in my Steam inventory and they say they're not tradable. It says it will be tradable when I'm in good standing for 30 days. One of them I've had for a while and it never said that before. Should I be concerned?
I had one in my inventory that say that too. The Ship. No idea what's going on though.

Kaper

I just noticed the Wargame franchise is on sale for 1 cent more than Red Dragon is going for. The series looks interesting, but I'd only play the singleplayer modes. For those that have played the games: Is it worth it?

Sini

I've had that happen in the past as well. It's super random.

MUnited83

For you.

Nah. It's a bug and happens time to time quite randomly. They are actually not restricted in any way and you can still trade them.

MattyG

Banned
Just went on Steam and noticed a birthday themed banner... I've had my account for 3 years today! Hopefully I get that 3 years of service badge.

Anustart

FTL just isn't my cup of tea. Based way too much on random luck. In a game like Isaac, skill can overcome most. I'm not going to sit for 40 hours waiting for the dice to go my way.

Jawmuncher

What's your GPU/CPU? I've found that Post Processing effects hit the FPS the most in FC3 / BD.

Nvidia 660 2gb card.
Yeah its definitely the post processing effects that were causing dips. Since I just went through a level with not much of that and was good to go.

dani_dc

Send them over to me if you want to test it out!

I kid.

xBladeM6x

Nvidia 660 2gb card.
Yeah its definitely the post processing effects that were causing dips. Since I just went through a level with not much of that and was good to go.

Best part, is that there's not a huge visual difference when it's turned down, except for motion blur, and barrel flaring on the gun.

xBladeM6x

I wanted to buy Styx, but didn't want to pay $23 more on top of all the other purchases I have to make on Steam this month.

I might just be a cheap asshole. No really though, is it that good?

Yrael

Just went on Steam and noticed a birthday themed banner... I've had my account for 3 years today! Hopefully I get that 3 years of service badge.

I passed the three year milestone this year as well. :) I got the 3 Years of Service badge when it happened.

Shadownet

Banned
No, your biggest mistake was not buying Alien or keeping one of those AMD codes for yourself.
*take you by the shoulders and look deeply into your eyes*
*then shake you furiously* "I'M NOT INTO ALIENS!"
*pat*

Actually I traded a copy of Alien Isolation for Star Citizen. So in a way I did get something for myself.

And about Evil Within, I can still buy it at anytime I want. Styx sting a bit since it wasn't region locked, then poof, it was.

Go see Gone Girl if you don't feel like playing games.
I read this as Girls Gone Wild... I need to go to bed.

MUnited83

For you.
*take you by the shoulders and look deeply into your eyes*
*then shake you furiously* "I'M NOT INTO ALIENS!"
*pat*

Actually I traded a copy of Alien Isolation for Star Citizen. So in a way I did get something for myself.

And about Evil Within, I can still buy it at anytime I want. Styx sting a bit since it wasn't region locked, then poof, it was.

Styx was region locked since the beginning.

Jawmuncher

Best part, is that there's not a huge visual difference when it's turned down, except for motion blur, and barrel flaring on the gun.

Glad. Put it on low and didn't notice any difference.

---/----

Beat blood dragon. Just ran through the SP missions and had a lot of fun still. Funny enough even though the joke on the story is all the cliches I still really enjoyed that part as well.

Also WTF
Why hadn't Ubisoft made a Far Cry Dinosaur game? That idea is just too perfect. Better than whatever they're trying ATM.

Deitus

Goddamn it SteamGAF. My diet! This is fucking delicious. What did you make me buy!?

Hah, after people were talking about that in the thread the other day, I also went to Trader Joes and got some. At least I know I'm not the only one.

Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to find pork buns, even though someone said that's where they buy them. So I am still not a whole man. (︺︹︺)

Jawmuncher

I have a odd fascination with running through games as fast as possible. While still trying to get everything story wise. Don't even know where I developed this style of play.

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/dead-rising-3--2683-1

Notice

Hi Gamer!

By mistake this game has been on sale for free. It was never intended to be free, shit simply happenend. As a result the world hit us hard during the night. Our service has been down for several hours.

We saw comments on Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Price-Comparison-Pages, Forums, well… the internet. We did read them all and enjoyed the love shared for Gamesplanet.

Be assured, we will write a full post-mortem about the last night and you will get to know all details.

Last but not least: We saw comments on Reddit, that keys would get revoked on Steam. This is not true! We did not take action in any way.

:D

An intelligent way to make their site famous!

I have a odd fascination with running through games as fast as possible. While still trying to get everything story wise. Don't even know where I developed this style of play.

I was going to suggest it was from Dino Crisis, but apparently it doesn't have the time score at the end of a game like Resident Evil does. Resident Evil, then?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Hah, after people were talking about that in the thread the other day, I also went to Trader Joes and got some. At least I know I'm not the only one.

Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to find pork buns, even though someone said that's where they buy them. So I am still not a whole man. (︺︹︺)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758174&page=5
https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/dead-rising-3--2683-1

:D

An intelligent way to make their site famous!

That's a better reaction than most would have.

Shadownet

Banned
Here you go guys. I hope these find some good owners. Don't enter if you're not going to play it. I love you crazy bunch.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Saints Row IV- -- MB-2ABAF4F4CE2A4C9B - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 32 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- #2 -- MB-AFBABE21238263D8 - Taken by agniswarm. 29 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- #3 -- MB-55BEAC0EE94E693F - Taken by Deques. 32 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- #4 -- MB-6B6719A930C4692F - Taken by didamangi. 33 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- #5 -- MB-C99CA6745CC26F87 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 29 entrants total.

t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-B81202F053D807F2 - Taken by milena87. 60 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect #2 -- MB-C93A872DD624DE2A - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 61 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect #3 -- MB-6F5EA669F920CDCF - Taken by Fare Godmace. 54 entrants total.

Alien Isolation -- MB-3FF96ECA038EADB5 - Taken by Deitus. 70 entrants total.
Alien Isolation #2 -- MB-6DFF3D5D2CB589BD - Taken by Benedict. 65 entrants total.
Alien Isolation #3 -- MB-807279DF4BFDB38B - Taken by oipic. 69 entrants total.

The Banner Saga -- MB-238C15A01B46927A - Taken by arts&crafts. 29 entrants total.
The Banner Saga #2 -- MB-7742529400DF2DF2 - Taken by Black Soma. 27 entrants total.
The Banner Saga #3 -- MB-43F9BD837687F43D - Taken by Ventara. 25 entrants total.
The Banner Saga #4 -- MB-A938FAE546194A78 - Taken by tebunker. 24 entrants total.

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-92A719F60F69783C - Taken by WinterDemons. 4 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack #2 -- MB-36103C031472C03E - Taken by Exuro. 5 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack #3 -- MB-A442EC40DB2783C5 - Taken by Sendou. 4 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack #4 -- MB-5084C53DDB0DE83F - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 5 entrants total.

t1413179634z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom