• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

I'm usually pretty good with these spooky games, but I totally flipped out when an android clipped through a wall after I thought I've escaped. Geez I'm taking a break.

user237

It'd be cool if someone made an emoticon trader bot.

I know it's possible, because there are card trader bots that work really well.

FinalHeaven

Neo Member
Steam added the Canadian dollar, so all the prices got bumped up a bit. Most aren't that much different from the US prices, but it'll depend on the publisher.

Indeed, I mean after the fact. The other day when it happened I don't remember Civ 5 being $49.99 Canadian. I also remember Endless Legend being $36 as well, where it's now $38. This one sticks out the most because I remember noting, after seeing it was $36, that that was $2 cheaper than when I bought it at the USD price.

Thank you again! Now my profile background look much nicer :)
Like what would possess a man to like Vegemite?
I like that name.. Vegemite. Sounds like my persona in elemental form.
Also, your new avi is super cute!
image.php

Wow, been going through FFXII shots with gedosato. Game looks really good.
Great work Durante and DrDogg and others!

Sini

Who are Steam users Rudakus and Abomination? Especially Rudakus who has private profile. If you are from here then I cancelled your trade offers because you wanted to give me other cards and backgrounds in return and I couldn't change the offer for some reason.
I just want to get rid of them.

Turning off subsurface scattering helped me immensely.

Subsurface Scattering does that afaik.

thanks guys that did the trick. but alas i guess my computer is simply not able to handle this game. I'm in the city now where theres just zombies all over and the game has crashed twice on me already. also nvidia experience says my current rig doesn't meet the minimum requirements. eh, hopefully my bro has fun with it, im pretty sure his is good enough. Guess I'll play it when I eventually upgrade to 970(that is if they don't revoke the game, pls don't revoke it D:)

edit:dang i put everything on low and put the resolution at 720p(gross, only game I've had to lower the resolution) and I thought I'd be able to play the game. ran perfect, but even though it was running fine it still crashed to the desktop :(

Parsnip

Just noticed that I'm 1 step closer to 1000 games, at even 900.

6180 the moon got the honors for being the 900th. Should probably play it immediately because of that.

Is Dead Rising 3 still poopy on Nvidia?

... its doodoo on Nvidia...? is that why its the only game I own that runs like total shit? I thought it was cause my card(650Ti) was running on its last leg. which i found weird since I'm able to play shadow or mordor at 1080p at 30fps, but then again that game doesn't have like 50 models at the screen at once

def sim

... its doodoo on Nvidia...? is that why its the only game I own that runs like total shit? I thought it was cause my card(650Ti) was running on its last leg. which i found weird since I'm able to play shadow or mordor at 1080p at 30fps, but then again that game doesn't have like 50 models at the screen at once

It's not a great port and, IIRC, does not run well on nvidia hardware. Crashing was a common complaint in the performance thread. Your GPU is probably fine.

derExperte

You're using the latest driver, right? Because that or the one before has a fix for DR3's crashes.

Rudakus

Who are Steam users Rudakus and Abomination? Especially Rudakus who has private profile. If you are from here then I cancelled your trade offers because you wanted to give me other cards and backgrounds in return and I couldn't change the offer for some reason.
I just want to get rid of them.

Hey Ahh yeah I was just giving you something back.

Should I have my profile public? I think I have it set to friends of friends not sure.

Miguel81

Just noticed that I'm 1 step closer to 1000 games, at even 900.

6180 the moon got the honors for being the 900th. Should probably play it immediately because of that.

I'm such a pleb. Don't even own 50 on Steam yet, but I am too picky. Well, maybe if you count Uplay, Origin, GoG, and Humble Store I own about 100.

You're using the latest driver, right? Because that or the one before has a fix for DR3's crashes.

geforce experience says i am so yea i guess. I'm on 340.52 Driver, released on 7/29/14
(note: Like i said earlier, game runs fines. It just keeps randomly crashing on me, I'm just assuming because its too demanding or something, I don't know shit about problems like this)

I have 558 games on steam, I buy a lot of console/handheld exclusives as well so that sometimes takes up my gaming funds for the week. Main thing though is that I stopped buying bundle trash I will never play for the game count, so liberating :p
I still craft badges though

Is Ryse worth the $40? Pretty tempted to buy it.
Depends on what you want I suppose. Campaign takes about 7 hours to complete and doesn't have much replayability outside of the unlocklable Legendary mode. I enjoyed the game a lot more than most, it's a very simplistic brawler that switches up the locations enough to remain immensely enjoyable throughout its short length. Surprisingly decent story and shockingly good voice acting as well, although it does take a turn towards the supernatural that is take it or leave it. Motion capture for one of the villains is the best I've seen. Game becomes like a hazy fever dream after a certain point in the story which was pretty interesting. If nothing else the graphical perks of the game really make it a joy, it really is so far ahead of the curve compared to other games and I really hope Crytek makes a sequel freed from the development difficulties. Even aside from the technical aspects the art design in the game is brilliant, and should really silence a lot of people who say Crytek have terrible artists.

Coop multiplayer is pretty enjoyable if you enjoy the combat, the shifting arena is pretty cool.

Terrible steamscreenshots because it stopped saving uncompressed copies for some reason. Check the screenshot thread for good ones.

madjoki

Gamesplanet posted update, regarding Dead Rising 3 mispricing.

Notice

Hi Gamer!

By mistake this game has been on sale for free. It was never intended to be free, shit simply happenend. As a result the world hit us hard during the night. Our service has been down for several hours.

We saw comments on Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Price-Comparison-Pages, Forums, well… the internet. We did read them all and enjoyed the love shared for Gamesplanet.

Be assured, we will write a full post-mortem about the last night and you will get to know all details.

Last but not least: We saw comments on Reddit, that keys would get revoked on Steam. This is not true! We did not take action in any way.

you keep calling it 12...
Oh snap. Forgot to add the extra I. lol
Wasn't aware FF12 could look that good...or get modded in with Lightning and Sazh.
Now this makes sense :p
Gamesplanet posted update, regarding Dead Rising 3 mispricing.
Appreciate the honesty. But it must be pretty big loss financially for GP to basically have lost maybe thousands of dollars!?
I see people on that page posting their emails and ask for keys. Would anyone give a key just like that? I doubt it.
Must be nice for those who were online in time. Congrats.

OOOOH SHIT SON SO I JUST GOT DEAD RISING 3 FOR REALS!? Here I thought it would just be a free weekend thing cause I thought it would be revoked by monday night the latest. NOICE

dani_dc

Appreciate the honesty. But it must be pretty big loss financially for GP to basically have lost maybe thousands of dollars!?
I see people on that page posting their emails and ask for keys. Would anyone give a key just like that? I doubt it.
Must be nice for those who were online in time. Congrats.
Bad PR from revoking probably would be more trouble this its worth, especially since they would need to request new keys to capcom.

Missed the price mistake as well, shame, but nothing to cry over with the amount of Steam games I have.

Miguel81

OOOOH SHIT SON SO I JUST GOT DEAD RISING 3 FOR REALS!? Here I thought it would just be a free weekend thing cause I thought it would be revoked but monday night. NOICE

Free stuff is good stuff in this case. Enjoy the game. I missed out, but I have too many to play already.

Bad PR from revoking probably would be more trouble this its worth, especially since they would need to request new keys to capcom.

Missed the price mistake as well, shame, but nothing to cry over with the amount of Steam games I have.
Yup, I hope their good act towards this will benefit them in the future more.

howd you do that?

howd i do what? get dead rising 3 free? the same way many others here did, got lucky and just so happened to be on gaf while gameplanet's servers were still up. My bro wasn't so lucky though. He got a key but it was already used, which apparently happened to others here as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom