• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

It's coming to PC though?

and will probably end up disappointing people. Seriously, apart from scale how is it different to any other early access survival exploration game on Steam?

hold your horses! It's not survival exploration game! It's full blown spacefarer sim, good one, with space battles, smuggling and all that other stuff life exploring, getting lost and visiting planets for kicks. It's not about survival, it's about the best life can offer!

So... I have a shitload of great games to play. Riddle me this ladies and gentlemen; WHY AM I SO FUCKING BORED!?
.... games ...
What's wrong with me? What foul spell hath befallen me? What spectre haunts me? What demon reaches for my soul? What have I become!?
http://i.imgur.com/qhK6gdQ.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Maniac
(Today, 12:28 AM)

[SPOILER]sorry, couldn't resist (><)[/SPOILER]

It happens all the time, to the best of us, you need a break from gaming, that's all.

Pakkidis

Welp, I'm an idiot. Built my first pc a year ago, never bothered to fool around with the monitor settings until today. Switched it to Game Mode, changed some of the settings and now everything looks so much better. I feel like I've been missing out.

AHA-Lambda

hold your horses! It's not survival exploration game! It's full blown spacefarer sim, good one, with space battles, smuggling and all that other stuff life exploring, getting lost and visiting planets for kicks. It's not about survival, it's about the best life can offer!

So kind of like I said it's similar to the other exploration games but on a larger scale? The game doesn't seem to have any sort of meaningful structure to it.

Personal preference, but the lack of that is why I just can't get into these games like Minecraft, DayZ et al.

Hello SteamGAF!

How is everyone doing this fine evening?

^_^

Tired, about to go to bed, and I can hear drunken neighbours outside my window wailing Let It Go >_<

Skyzard

Banned
So... I have a shitload of great games to play. Riddle me this ladies and gentlemen; WHY AM I SO FUCKING BORED!?

I digress... Shadow of Mordor? Fucking love it! I've been having so much fun with it that you wouldn't believe.

Alien? Scaring the shit out of me but I'm loving it at the same time, and I never thought I'd play a decent Alien game in my lifetime - - let alone one that does atmospheric puzzle-ish horror better than Outlast and Amnesia.

Dota 2... Is... Well, a good summary would be 'cyka blyat' or 'kurwa', but you know, it's great, gratifying and all that yadda yadda.

I've really been smitten by CSGO all of a sudden, despite having owned it since launch it never really clicked until a few weeks ago.

Other great games I have installed but not finished includes: Divinity: OS, Wasteland 2 & Cook, Serve, Delicious!

What's wrong with me? What foul spell hath befallen me? What spectre haunts me? What demon reaches for my soul? What have I become!?
qhK6gdQ.gif

I get the same issue, I just have to remind myself to dive in, I enjoy it a lot more than I think.

Trejik

In that price range, you're gonna be pretty limited. Something like an Audio Technica ATH-M50. ( http://www.changstar.com/index.php?topic=46.0 ) Sennheisers go for cheap in Europe, but the HD580/600 are open-backed. I'd take one of those instead, if possible.

If you want extremely neutral, check out the K701/K702 line from AKG. I have the opposing Q701, which has a warmer sound with stronger mid-range and bass, but they are all extremely similar. I also don't think they have very much leakage.

Otherwise, check out some closed offerings. I really don't have too much exposure to that range as I generally deal in open headphones, but the M50s are always recommended as well as Beyerdynamic's offerings 770 (closed)/880 (semi-open), and the the 990 (open).

EDIT: Just listened to Kavinsky - Nightcall and put the headphones on my dog's back. I could hear the song pretty clearly, the Q/K700 line has too much sound leakage for your purposes.

Thanks for the advice guys. The 600s are pretty damn awesome, but they go up 125 bucks. Almost double the price. Similar issue with the 580s. Those Beyerdynamics (of which I've heard a lot about) seem really enticing, and go for the same price (although without the 50 euro markdown that the HD 598s have) but having to spring for 250 to get them in 32 or 80 OHM is a pain. I've got my amp set up in my studio, and moving it from the studio to the office is a bother, while the HD 598 seem to work fine even on my iPhone.

Oh, and those AKG, those are damn expensive. Talking 210 to 270.

It basically comes down to the ATH M50 and the 598. Seeing as how I've got a pair of AKGs for on the go along with some Monster Turbines, looks like I'll be owning some 598s (and hoping that the bleeding is decent especially while recording). Thanks for the feedback. Got me into hours of investigating and taking the plunge. <3 SteamGAF.

I'm linking DA:O a lot, the interaction between the members of your party add immersion and keep the feeling that we're together only because a great evil, otherwise they could already killed themselves or parted away.
Their banters are interesting and often hilarious, I remember there was a mod that can increase the chance of party member interaction, but I don't remember the name.
so i'm playing Divinity for the first time

i died in the tutorial dungeon because i forgot to heal up
Get the heal skill book as soon as you can.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
No idea. He started posting in this thead normally (not begging) for a little while, and then he just stopped posting. A quick search shows he hasn't posted on GAF since early September.

probably got bored waiting for $60 game giveaways ;)

iosefe

Their banters are interesting and often hilarious, I remember there was a mod that can increase the chance of party member interaction, but I don't remember the name.
Get the heal skill book as soon as you can.

I have a cleric. i literally didn't realize my health was low

If anyone wants a Grid Autosport key for steam, please let me know by either posting here or PM.(I got it with my Intel CPU, I already have the game)

Yeah thanks guys,did not even know about ModBot, however I gave away the key to DunderHassan, may he enjoy the game with his Oculus Rift DK2.

Hey peeps, how you doi...
Major site malfunction over at gamesplanet? Dead Rising 3 is currently free, already activated my own copy.
...frick! This hurts more than it should. Would have been fun. Real fun.
Oh, well. Wasn't the first, won't be the last. Serious Sam 3 for 5c, Star Citizen/Alien/+1 for a buck... argh.
Why is RL such a hassle. I need some good buddies for occasions like these.

Anyone want few of these?
c8MYe.jpg
Aw, dude. Can I please have one Kerbal background image? Looks so clean and space is always a plus. Thanks buddy.

I would ask for Autosport but in the past few weeks I've bought Horizon 2 and Drive Club and the ever wonderful GT6 recently called me back into its lovely arms. So much driving, so little time.

Kiru

Yeah thanks guys,did not even know about ModBot, however I gave away the key to DunderHassan, may he enjoy the game with his Oculus Rift DK2.
No idea how anyone is going to enjoy that game with the Rift. The Cockpit is pretty much half-assed and blurred like crazy. You can remove that blur somehow to reveal ugly textures. I mean the blur is there for a reason after all.

Miguel81

I'm waiting for my girlfriend to finish her homework so we can start playing Alien Isolation together..

Awww...I remember playing through Silent Hill 2 with an ex. It was a memorable experience. Horror games are great to play with a SO.

I would ask for Autosport but in the past few weeks I've bought Horizon 2 and Drive Club and the ever wonderful GT6 recently called me back into its lovely arms. So much driving, so little time.

Is Project Cars going onto that pile?

Jawmuncher

The Alien Isolation DLC is short but sweet.
Lone Survivor was weird for me though. Only saw the alien twice and I swear it never followed me.

----

So Evil Within doesn't unlock until 330am EST?
That's pretty lame.

Skyzard

Banned
Autosport is really fun, not a bad looker either.

http://a.pomf.se/uvpelz.webm

It's getting official oculus rift support too.

Can't wait for Project Cars though! Really hope they don't delay it...it's still just set as November 2014.

Assetto Corsa should be getting upgraded to RC 1 soon too!

Is Project Cars going onto that pile?
Definitely, been looking forward to the game for a while. Still really bummed that I didn't pledge back when that was an option ages ago, but it's nice to see that the game is finally coming out. Can't promise that I'll give it the amount of time it deserves for a while though. Lot of games coming out, luckily at the moment I'm working a night shift so days are pretty free.

Maniac

Banned
Anyone want few of these?
c8MYe.jpg
I'll take an order of hell yes with a side-dish of kerbals.

Edit: Thanks man, you're a doll. If anyone needs some other kerbal emoticons, do shout - I have a few dupes and whatnot. Anyway, it's 4 in the morning here so I'm off, see you guys in 10+ pages I guess! ;)

I get the same issue, I just have to remind myself to dive in, I enjoy it a lot more than I think.
Sounds about right. :p

Maniac
(Today, 12:28 AM)
sorry, couldn't resist (><)

It happens all the time, to the best of us, you need a break from gaming, that's all.
Yeah. It's just damned annoying when it happends on a boring weekend, heh. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom