• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

My humble page is mostly clean

ModBot said:
Instructions for Phawx:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phawx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

ulgzbKC.png
SANCTUARYRPG (Desura) -- MB-CE73BDAC78F7209A
SpaceChem -- MB-D77E80BD06649FB6
Bleed -- MB-1ECD951B37BE0C7C - Taken by alr1ght
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-115AAA7F593A1514 - Taken by xBladeM6x

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Legendary difficulty on Ryse certainly makes you pay attention, you HAVE to counter as the enemies hit so damn hard and the health regen mechanic becomes essential. I can tell there's going to be a lot more deaths on this one :p

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The key should be good, if not please PM so I can help resolve the issue.

ModBot said:
Instructions for everyone:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Casimir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Aquanox 2 -- MB-0EBE083A9FD46F3D - Taken by Speevy

Any accountants in steamgaf? Might want to go back to school to get an accounting certificate (have a bachelor's in business, if that means jack). I've been unemployed for two years, and I rarely get callbacks for entry-level admin positions. I just want to not die at 30.

I am an accounting major. Probably the best field to study if you want a job. I have an internship at McCormick & Company (yes, the spice company) in their tax department. This kind of experience basically guarantees my chances of finding a job when I graduate.

The CPA test scares me though. I have a professor that uses CPA questions on his exams. The class averages around 50% without a curve. I'll probably need to take the CPA review class after I Graduate. But damn, it's like $3000.

I'd recommend going back to school and just take those upper level accounting classes. You probably already have all the other requirements from your business degree.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of madjoki, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (madjoki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Legend -- MB-8D5A79335885AC03 - Taken by Tellaerin. 71 entrants total.

t1413133676z1.png

Monooboe

I have to say one thing about Shadow of Mordor.... dying in that game makes me rage like no other game, if I don't stop playing soon I will brake something I will regret.o_O What the hell is it about that game that just gets to me that way?

cHinzo

How big is the difference between the newest Naruto game and UNS3 which is on sale atm. 10 bucks looks like a steal tbh.

Dr Dogg

Legendary difficulty on Ryse certainly makes you pay attention, you HAVE to counter as the enemies hit so damn hard and the health regen mechanic becomes essential. I can tell there's going to be a lot more deaths on this one :p

When I was reading and watching up on Ryse to post the recommendation for the OP I was surprised about the games mechanics. Looks to be way deeper than I thought and a far cry (tee hee) from what was shown at E3 on the Microsoft stage. Granted I was only buying it for the shiny, shiny graphics but after poking around I'm quite looking forward to playing it... in 2 weeks when my copy ships :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Thanks for the answers fellas.

Is there a notice or something when they allow this?

I get them in my email. There's usually an asterisk saying "this can't be used with credit, etc." Maybe 1 in 10 can be used with credit if I had to guess.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Ugh, now I'm worried about that run. I figured the ground slam attack would make everything easy.

Deitus

I have to say one thing about Shadow of Mordor.... dying in that game makes me rage like no other game, if I don't stop playing soon I will brake something I will regret.o_O What the hell is it about that game that just gets to me that way?

I'd imagine the fact that the uruk who killed you gets a promotion out of it is probably a factor. Personally, I channel that frustration into immediately getting revenge on the person who killed me, except occasionally when I let the rivalry fester for a while, and let the uruk think he's bested me, before I swoop in and cut his head off.

Phawx

I get them in my email. There's usually an asterisk saying "this can't be used with credit, etc." Maybe 1 in 10 can be used with credit if I had to guess.

Thanks for the head's up. I never fully read those newsletters, just the % off.

Knurek

Is it something like Anteater where it's the overlays? Is it something like mine where it doesn't use the GPU properly? Is it some or all of them? Fingers crossed you sort it.

The fix Anteater posted in Durante's Returns thread worked - there are still some drops here and there, but on the whole it's way more enjoyable right now.
Gonna decrease AF from 16x to 8x, shouldn't decrease image quality on 768p that much and might give me a frame or two.

But reviews are positive...

Highlights that the review system still needs some weight behind it, as the top 2 most helpful reviews are negative ones. Sadly that doesn't seem to mean anything other than 2 people didn't recommend it compared to the 10+ other people who did recommend it.

So I've been playing Alien Isolation, but since it's a horror game, I've only been playing it at night, so I haven't been able to play it as much as I'd like, and spend parts of the day wishing I could be playing Alien.

Is that normal? Or do most of you guys just play during the day too?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So I've been playing Alien Isolation, but since it's a horror game, I've only been playing it at night, so I haven't been able to play it as much as I'd like, and spend parts of the day wishing I could be playing Alien.

most of us don't play games at all ;)

I like being able to sleep so I play during the day.

I play during the day.
Too scary for me at night

Yeah that's fine, I'm doing exactly the same thing. I enjoy it more at night, I've tried playing it during the day and it's not the same. Speaking of Alien, it made me realise that I wish Steam would auto spoiler mask/tag screenshots of new games in the first week or two.

So many people posting screenshots of Alien and sort of spoiling it... Yeah, I get it it's nice to share and perhaps I shouldn't go to the activity feed, but if that's the only option than it makes a feature totally worthless for stretches of time. Basically there's this one person who is perhaps a chapter ahead of me and keeps posting KEY MOMENTS of the game as screenshots.
Yes, it's a GAFFER too.

dsk1210

A horror game should never be played in broad daylight, you are doing it right.

Jawmuncher

Going to start on splinter cell blacklist so I can knock out everything I own on uplay.
Was looking at prices for watch dogs and it's kinda ridiculous how it still costs so much more DD than at retail.
Might end up just getting it on X1 or PS4 (whichever I can get cheapest) since it's not that good anyway.

Shadownet

Banned
Going to start on splinter cell blacklist so I can knock out everything I own on uplay.
Was looking at prices for watch dogs and it's kinda ridiculous how it still costs so much more DD than at retail.
Might end up just getting it on X1 or PS4 (whichever I can get cheapest) since it's not that good anyway.
Hey Jaw, if you need a buddy for co-op hit me up :3 though I need to download the game again since my drive got wiped.

Miguel81

Not in 10 min, I had a 10 min session, that's all. I got around 100 mins in so far.

It's unnerving, that's for sure. The auto-saving in Amnesia was a little too generous, making terror a bit less effective(until Justine, that is).

Me too, and I'm waiting for headphones(Monday??) to get the full effect. This is why I am so early on in the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Roller coaster giveaways! How can one see if they are a megagiver?

Send a PM to ModBot with the subject My Loot (what you put in the body doesn't matter). At the bottom of the PM ModBot spits back you'll see something like this:

You have given away 1679 games. (190 eligible for 'givers only' rules.)

If have 25 or more eligible giveaways, you're golden.

MattyG

Banned
I have a 3570k @stock and a 760 2gb. If I upgraded to a 970 or 980, would I be able to do 1440p or would I need to OC/upgrade my CPU? And would my CPU bottleneck a 970 or 980?

Asgaro

What are your HDD sizes SteamGaf? Just upgraded from 500gb to 2tb here.

I have

- 128 GB SSD: OS + 2 games or so + everything else besides games/movies/music so mostly docs
- 500 GB SSD: quite some games + some movies + some music

So far I have plenty of space left on my 500 GB SSD, but that's also because I haven't bought a game yet that requires 30+ GB. (Aside from BF3 + all DLC)
The "next-gen-port" games as one could call them.
Since I only buy games at least a year or 2 after their release, I haven't gotten around to buying those games yet.
(First one will probably be Wolfenstein)

gamingssd.PNG

Kiru

I have a 3570k @stock and a 760 2gb. If I upgraded to a 970 or 980, would I be able to do 1440p or would I need to OC/upgrade my CPU? And would my CPU bottleneck a 970 or 980?

Depends on the games duderino. And no I don't think your CPU will bottleneck you.

Haven't been very active here for a while as life + work got in the way (which isn't all that bad really). Here's a quick giveaway of some humble bundle stuff - lots more to come once I have some time to sit down and sort out all the keys from various sites.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AScotAbroad, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-7B47E172EE8E895D
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-D050E278FC7A3506 - Taken by The Reloader
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-809969D34DB661A1
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-089D63A02BF17A54 - Taken by agniswarm
qzNSxgo.jpg
Audiosurf -- MB-E66C926696EED3EE - Taken by Kiru

louiedog

I always prefer to play darker games that are heavy on atmosphere when the sun goes down.

I'll save replays of games like that which I really like for the winter months for that reason.

maty

So here is another giveaway as I try to enter Shadownet's for Alien Isolation. What's worse is not that I missed that price mistake but that newegg wouldn't accept my non american card. :(

Also fuck everyone that got DR3 for free, I go outside for a few hours and that's what happens :p

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Race the Sun -- MB-398C214C91C2BE3F - Taken by Lomax. 4 entrants total.
The Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-5667D84BFCD3BB92 - Taken by kurahador. 1 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-F0DE57AB241720D5 - Taken by Hero Prinny. 4 entrants total.
Super House of Dead Ninjas -- MB-6C6E6A8544F3CB52 - Taken by Scipius. 3 entrants total.

t1413133916z1.png

Whoever wins Super House of the Dead Ninjas PM me for the DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom