• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Yeah it's not super deep or anything but it's certainly a lot more engaging than the MS conference demo made it appear.

Well it did look like the game played itself and considering it was first off a Kinect game it certainly seems a lot more interactive. Saying that I get the feeling once you've played a couple of hours of it that's pretty much the game mechanics laid out so you better like them or the vuury purddy environments. But I'm a fickle person so that's just fine and dandy for me.

dani_dc

Looks like The Evil Within embargo is up? 8/10 from Videogamer.com

EDIT: Oh maybe I should have read the first few lines:

Note: the embargo for media that received The Evil Within from Bethesda is on October 14th, the day of release. As Bethesda declined to send us a review copy of the game (presumably due to the score we gave Wolfenstein: The New Order) we bought our own copy. As such said embargo does not apply, hence why the review is live now.

Embargos are awful and anti-consumer. Good on them for doing this.

Divius

Is there any way to skip to idling a next game using Idle Master? I've been idling a game for hours and got nothing yet.

didamangi

Man hopefully there's an option to change the aspect ratio (or remove the black bars?) for The Evil Within, really dislike playing with that huge black bars on my 16:9 monitor. Will wait for the port report before picking it up since the preorder bonus is pretty bad anyway.

Damn it >_<

You can buy a pretty cheap usb wifi adapter, like this one.

Anteater

I wish Steam Overlay worked for me, so I could take some screenshots as well. Does anyone know a fix for this? Works in other games =/

weird, it works for me, i'm just using gedosato though since it's working now but you need to go through the trouble of copy and pasting them to the steam screenshots folder with the right file name.

dex3108

Embargos are awful and anti-consumer. Good on them for doing this.

Only if embargo date is on release date. Even then they are not anti-consumer because you always have choice to not pre-order game. Embargo is there so there is no advantage for one journalist over the other.

Monooboe

I'd imagine the fact that the uruk who killed you gets a promotion out of it is probably a factor. Personally, I channel that frustration into immediately getting revenge on the person who killed me, except occasionally when I let the rivalry fester for a while, and let the uruk think he's bested me, before I swoop in and cut his head off.

I used to do that but now I'm trying to do most of the sidemissions and dying on one of those just is a pain to redo them and the thing is that they aren't even hard, mostly one dies when a captain just happen to walk into the fight or when I just get careless because I'm trying to hurry thru the mission.

Phawx

Send a PM to ModBot with the subject My Loot (what you put in the body doesn't matter). At the bottom of the PM ModBot spits back you'll see something like this:

If have 25 or more eligible giveaways, you're golden.

You have given away 83 games. (83 eligible for 'givers only' rules.)

I did my full loot, is there any way to see when games that were eligible for 'givers only' will go away?

Dr Dogg

ff13 looks so good
lordc9upm.jpg

No... Way??? I just took a screenshot about 10 mins ago in the same place!

Grief.exe

Looks like The Evil Within embargo is up? 8/10 from Videogamer.com

EDIT: Oh maybe I should have read the first few lines:

Note: the embargo for media that received The Evil Within from Bethesda is on October 14th, the day of release. As Bethesda declined to send us a review copy of the game (presumably due to the score we gave Wolfenstein: The New Order) we bought our own copy. As such said embargo does not apply, hence why the review is live now.

That's interesting.

Ended up the best case scenario for them as they are able to post that key first review and get the lion's share of the clicks.

I could see 20 base with 15 dollar preorder bonus or first week sale for GZ.

I was thinking along the same lines.

Asgaro

I like your desktop theme.
It's basically like staring at a complete Super Hexagon playthrough compressed in a single frame.

(EDIT: the gray color in the picture you quoted actually looks bad, I know, but sadly I don't know if I can change that. Probably possible somewhere in WindowBlinds...)

This is the WindowBlinds skin I use: http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/7450/

Mind it's a paid for skin ("Master skin") but I find it to be worth it.

I customized it a bit: normally it's all black. And I found that to look a bit too dark in eg IDE's like Netbeans.
But I chose the light variant of the theme where some parts are white or gray, and also added some blur.
(This is all easily done via the WindowBlinds app itself.)

Default view:

My current view:

The only downside I have with using WindowBlinds in general, is that when I minimize and maximize Google Chrome it moves the window so a border becomes visible next to the taskbar and I have to move Chrome up again.

But it's the only program that does this. (It also happens on my laptop. Both are Windows 7 64 bits SP1.)
I assume it won't happen when the taskbar is in the normal horizontal stance.
And it could perhaps be related to the button in the title bar of Chrome next to the minimize/maximize/close buttons (that's titled "Asgaro" in the screen).

--
Another great skin of the same skin author is this one. Though also paid for.

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/7695/

--
And finally a free one but that I also like greatly:

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/6343/

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game -- MB-53E6462901131994 - Taken by Jadax

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You have given away 83 games. (83 eligible for 'givers only' rules.)

I did my full loot, is there any way to see when games that were eligible for 'givers only' will go away?

Games that were claimed more than 90 days ago are not considered eligible.

tmarg

You can by a wifi adapter and put it in one of the PCI slots on the motherboard if you really need wifi and don't want to spend too much for a built in one. Or some weird usb wifi adapter.

The one in my pc was only about $12, iirc. I can't see a reason not to go that route, unless you need all the slots for other things.

Shadownet

Banned
thanks JaseC!

Can someone help me out? I don't have that much money left in the bank. GMG is selling The Evil Within with a 20% off coupon. Which bring the price down to $48. If you can help me buy it. I'll buy you a game or two on Steam that equal the price of what you paid ($48-50). Since I have some Steam Wallet money left. PM me if you think you can help me out. Thanks!

aku:jiki

Are there any softwarez shitter than Geforce Experience. The utter slowness, always failing installer and ugliness on top of it all makes it practically unusable.
Oh, so that's a common thing? I haven't been using it for very long and this latest update just will not download... Been trying for days and the installer either immediately fails or freezes. WTF.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Deitus, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AquaNox -- MB-6C5605C305B07FDF - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 1 entrants total.
Summoner -- MB-A2251E686C18D31F - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
AquaNox 2: Revelation -- MB-8F75F93953462412 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Black Mirror -- MB-956D0680ABDA753C - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.

t1413139557z1.png

Li Kao

Mmh, can I annoy anyone just a little more ? :-x
I deactivated Liberation in-game vsync and planned to activate the thing at a driver level. But the nvidia control panel doesn't like noobs, it specifically said 'vsync ? no problem. Now choose one of these 4-5 options or GTFO."

The rude panel lets me choose :
Use the application 3d parameter
Activate
Deactivate
Adaptative
Adaptative (with half framerate)

What do I answer him ?

Dr Dogg

Another day, another bunch of Final Fantasy XIII piccies

I wish Steam Overlay worked for me, so I could take some screenshots as well. Does anyone know a fix for this? Works in other games =/

It was a bit of a pain for me sometimes but alt tabbing away and back would sometimes fix it. It even locked up Afterburner's screenshot function. Durante's tool, GeDoSaTo is working with screenshots now if you are using that (which you should as it makes a pretty game look even prettier).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Shadownet, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Banner Saga -- MB-238C15A01B46927A - Taken by arts&crafts. 29 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- #2 -- MB-AFBABE21238263D8 - Taken by agniswarm. 29 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- #3 -- MB-55BEAC0EE94E693F - Taken by Deques. 32 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- #4 -- MB-6B6719A930C4692F - Taken by didamangi. 33 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- #5 -- MB-C99CA6745CC26F87 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 29 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- -- MB-2ABAF4F4CE2A4C9B - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 32 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect #3 -- MB-6F5EA669F920CDCF - Taken by Fare Godmace. 54 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-B81202F053D807F2 - Taken by milena87. 60 entrants total.
Alien Isolation -- MB-3FF96ECA038EADB5 - Taken by Deitus. 70 entrants total.
Alien Isolation #3 -- MB-807279DF4BFDB38B - Taken by oipic. 69 entrants total.
The Banner Saga #2 -- MB-7742529400DF2DF2 - Taken by Black Soma. 27 entrants total.
The Banner Saga #3 -- MB-43F9BD837687F43D - Taken by Ventara. 25 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect #2 -- MB-C93A872DD624DE2A - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 61 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack #3 -- MB-A442EC40DB2783C5 - Taken by Sendou. 4 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack #2 -- MB-36103C031472C03E - Taken by Exuro. 5 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-92A719F60F69783C - Taken by WinterDemons. 4 entrants total.
The Banner Saga #4 -- MB-A938FAE546194A78 - Taken by tebunker. 24 entrants total.
Alien Isolation #2 -- MB-6DFF3D5D2CB589BD - Taken by Benedict. 65 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack #4 -- MB-5084C53DDB0DE83F - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 5 entrants total.

t1413179634z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Hanzou, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hanzou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Steamworld Dig -- MB-CE9EFFB1A673CDDF - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 9 entrants total.
Binding of Isaac and Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-A47B6CD4D4F9BC1B - Taken by thesaucetastic. 2 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-77BAF9709B0B1334

t1413140037z1.png

Jesus I'm a wuss, I keep shitting myself when playing Legend of Grimrock. About 20 minutes into it, liking it so far, not played this type of RPG before, so it's rather interesting, kinda used to having a pause button though after all the Dragon Age Origins I played over the summer though, which has been fucking me over.

Also, the 'Nameless Things' challenge in Shadow of Mordor can go to hell.

Yakkue

weird, it works for me, i'm just using gedosato though since it's working now but you need to go through the trouble of copy and pasting them to the steam screenshots folder with the right file name.

It was a bit of a pain for me sometimes but alt tabbing away and back would sometimes fix it. It even locked up Afterburner's screenshot function. Durante's tool, GeDoSaTo is working with screenshots now if you are using that (which you should as it makes a pretty game look even prettier).

Thanks a lot, works with GeDoSaTo!

Divius

Lol luckily I sold a lot of the skins before I started losing too much. Lesson learned. I should just watch games for fun now.
Oh yes, me as well. I was selling all the lower value items on the market and building some wallet funds. I still have a few betting items left so I am trying to slowly build again :D

Deques

ModBot said:
Instructions for Deques:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deques, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Stacking -- MB-3BDCE1AFDB584266 - Taken by Patison. 2 entrants total.

t1413147537z1.png

Hello

XShagrath

Wow borderlands is already coming out? I thought it came out in novemember or something. There's like no hype for that game. Personally I got burned out of borderlands like 3/4 into the 2nd game so I don't want the new one
Did it get pushed up? I thought I saw on Steam that it was the 17th, and now it's the 14th. I wonder what that means for my copy from Nuuvem? I probably won't get my key until Friday and all my friends will be way ahead of me and I won't be able to join in on the superior co-op experience then. :(

ATI's CCC.

I am starting to see a pattern here...

ModBot said:
[
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PetriP-TNT, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Airline Tycoon 2 -- MB-7C7764DD54ABB617 - Taken by Catshade
Race The Sun -- MB-0735EBFD7FD96621 - Taken by Ezalc
Papers, Please -- MB-09DBD7CAD5A0B09F - Taken by fernandes
Monaco -- MB-CB13EC4A60A7F036

Dr Dogg

damn it now this screenshot isn't special anymore :(

Sorry :(

To be fair all the cutscene shots look special though. I've been resisting taking them as they're already framed for the spectacular so it's like cheating, but...

I might go nuts if Jim or someone hacks in a free cam.

Hmm, may I ask, what's the "light" thing on the left part of Lightning shoulder ? It's not present on Anteater shot. Motion blur ?

Oooh no idea? Might be becuase they are taken at slightly different times and that thing in the back is moving and fills the screen with light from it's eyes (well they're eyes to me).

Thanks a lot, works with GeDoSaTo!

No problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom