• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendou

Looks like The Evil Within embargo is up? 8/10 from Videogamer.com

EDIT: Oh maybe I should have read the first few lines:

Note: the embargo for media that received The Evil Within from Bethesda is on October 14th, the day of release. As Bethesda declined to send us a review copy of the game (presumably due to the score we gave Wolfenstein: The New Order) we bought our own copy. As such said embargo does not apply, hence why the review is live now.

Blablurn

Note: the embargo for media that received The Evil Within from Bethesda is on October 14th, the day of release. As Bethesda declined to send us a review copy of the game (presumably due to the score we gave Wolfenstein: The New Order) we bought our own copy. As such said embargo does not apply, hence why the review is live now.

lol

Volimar

Salty

Shadownet

Banned

Wait what did Videogamer give Wolfensrein? It can't be any worst than an 8/10 right?? That game was amazing!

Benedict

soogood.gif

AHA-Lambda

LOL, they blacklisted them cos they didn't like Wolfenstein? WUT XD

Kiru

ok doke, with the suggestions of others here, does this seem a good build? One that will last me a while and has room for upgrades?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=nav_gno_listpop_wi?ie=UTF8&requiresSignIn=1

PS: that motherboard has built in sound and wifi, yes?

I posted in the PC thread too, just want more opinions.

Link doesn't work anymore.

You mean this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/2EF6FENGOH/ ?

Motherboard has built in sound yes, wifi no.

So good. The salt is real.

Shadownet

Banned
6/10

I'd blacklist them too! ...not really though. Sounds a bit funny to think that would be the reason. Maybe it was though! Who knows.

6 out of 10? That's some BS right there. I would have blacklist them out of saltiness too :3 but surely Bethesda isn't that salty right...? Lol

So I guess we have to wait till the 14th for the official embargo to be lifted..

Jawmuncher

I would give Wolfenstien a 7.
It was good but I really don't see what everyone else was loving about it.
Game didn't even touch the GOTY contender list.

I would give Wolfenstien a 7.
It was good but I really don't see what everyone else was loving about it.
Game didn't even touch the GOTY contender list.

10/10 "The worst thing about Wolfenstein: The New Order, is that it's just too good."

It's a contender for my personal GOTY with Shadow of Mordor and a few others.

Dr Dogg

Hahahah zing! Amiga Power way back when after they pissed off about every PR Company and Publisher had to end up buying their own copies for review. The result? Some of the best, unshackled criticism I've ever read with humor to boot.

ViviOggi

Blunderlands #1 top seller again
facepalm.gif

Bethesda status: ☐ Not REKT ☑ REKT ☑ REKTangle ☑ SHREKT ☑ REKT-it Ralph ☑ Total REKTall ☑ The Lord of the REKT ☑ The Usual SusREKTs ☑ North by NorthREKT ☑ REKT to the Future ☑ Once Upon a Time in the REKT ☑ The Good, the Bad, and the REKT ☑ LawREKT of Arabia ☑ Tyrannosaurus REKT ☑ eREKTile dysfunction

SmithnCo

lol awesome.

Borderlands says it unlocks in 2 days 0 hours does that mean it unlocks at 1pm EST on Tuesday? That is so stupid. I dont see why games don't release at midnight...I mean they have physical midnight releases why cant we have digital midnight releases...

PriitV

Borderlands says it unlocks in 2 days 0 hours does that mean it unlocks at 1pm EST on Tuesday? That is so stupid. I dont see why games don't release at midnight...I mean they have physical midnight releases why cant we have digital midnight releases...

That would be 20:00 in my area, perfect time for a launch!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
When I was reading and watching up on Ryse to post the recommendation for the OP I was surprised about the games mechanics. Looks to be way deeper than I thought and a far cry (tee hee) from what was shown at E3 on the Microsoft stage. Granted I was only buying it for the shiny, shiny graphics but after poking around I'm quite looking forward to playing it... in 2 weeks when my copy ships :(

Yeah it's not super deep or anything but it's certainly a lot more engaging than the MS conference demo made it appear.

Ugh, now I'm worried about that run. I figured the ground slam attack would make everything easy.

I keep forgetting to use the focus so you might actually be ok, especially if you've levelled up your character. I've only done the first part (the intro basically) but got killed a few times, it takes 2 - 3 hits to knock you down and it can get very tense when you really need health. It should be perfectly doable, just not super easy plus you've got the experience of timing etc from the first playthrough.

Well fuck, then we can't be friends, sorry. :(

I'll like ya anyway! :p

Dr Dogg

killer bee is a terrible character in naruto

Will you stop bringing up Naruto and reminding me it's on sale for the weekend! I'm going to bloody buy it at this rate despite having no interest in it or the series whatsoever.
I'm probably adding it to my cart as I type :(

Jawmuncher

Evil Within is apparently unlocking at 330am EST.
Not as bad but ridiculous. Any "AAA" release needs to be midnight EST.

MUnited83

For you.
Why no pre-purchase for Ground Zeroes?
I hope Kojima won't be greedy, a pricetag of 10€ is accurate for the game, since it's "old", and has been discounted several times on PSN.
Or a pricetag of 15€ including Rising as a pre-order bonus.
Maybe it will include DejaVu mission, since MGS is available on PC.

10€? Not happening. 15€ with MGS Rising included? Not happening either :p

Wow borderlands is already coming out? I thought it came out in novemember or something. There's like no hype for that game. Personally I got burned out of borderlands like 3/4 into the 2nd game so I don't want the new one

Jawmuncher

I hope Kojima won't be greedy, a pricetag of 10€ is accurate for the game, since it's "old", and has been discounted several times on PSN.

Pretty sure it will include both of the bonus missions.
Since both versions have both now and Xbox has never had the original game if someone wanted to use that as a excuse.

Li Kao

Ok, so I was wise and after 87 hours of Assassin's Creed 3, I followed in the footsteps of our lord Collectatlhon and fired up Assassin's Creed - Liberation. Glory alleluia !
Quite an enjoyable play session, although the fact that this was a 'budget' AC for a portable console is showing. There is not an immense playground and things to do and collect are somewhat sparse. But apart from the fact that Ubi couldn't have a coherent storytelling to save its life, the game really has some charm.

Now on to the other topic I wanted to talk about : I have seen the light ! I have been blessed by the 60fps true vision gift !
Now more seriously I have for a long time known that PAL/NTSC difference was important, and the same for 30/60fps. But I felt and still feel that the 60 fps craze these days is a little over the top. It won't destroy my interest in a game, but YMMV. Why do I say this ? Because after ACIII, playing Liberation felt like fucking swimming in sea of molasses, quite jarring. And a quick glance at PCgamingwiki confirmed my fear, the in-game vsync lock the game to 30 fps. Now as I said I still don't think it's a be all end all to enjoy a game, but the few minutes I played without vsync on were, yeah, great.

Now to find how you can have vsync without activating it in-game. I suppose it's a per game option in the nvidia control panel ?

PS. Oh and I must find where the game store its saves, it's not indicated on PCGW and Jase problems with Ubi games really scare me.

Are there any softwarez shitter than Geforce Experience. The utter slowness, always failing installer and ugliness on top of it all makes it practically unusable.

rtcn63

Wow borderlands is already coming out? I thought it came out in novemember or something. There's like no hype for that game. Personally I got burned out of borderlands like 3/4 into the 2nd game so I don't want the new one

Yeah, I completely forgot about in until seeing the OT this week, and I liked Borderlands 2. The Evil Within and Alien just overshadowing everything this month.

Kriken

Lol, whut? I'm hoping that a 6/10 isn't the reason for a lack of review copy. Game sounds like it's pretty good

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

$20 is the best you can hope for considering that the console versions retail for $30.

PS. Oh and I must find where the game store its saves, it's not indicated on PCGW and Jase problems with Ubi games really scare me.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[account id string].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom