• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braag

Fable Anniversary has 2 DLCs which cost almost as much as the game itself... wtf.
And why they did they remove Fable 3 from Steam?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Mmh, can I annoy anyone just a little more ? :-x
I deactivated Liberation in-game vsync and planned to activate the thing at a driver level. But the nvidia control panel doesn't like noobs, it specifically said 'vsync ? no problem. Now choose one of these 4-5 options or GTFO."

The rude panel lets me choose :
Use the application 3d parameter
Activate
Deactivate
Adaptative
Adaptative (with half framerate)

What do I answer him ?

"Activate" is regular vsync; "Adaptive" means that vsync is temporarily disabled whenever the framerate dips. Using D3DOverrider to enable triple buffering is another option, although it can introduce noticeable input lag.

Fable Anniversary has 2 DLCs which cost almost as much as the game itself... wtf.
And why they did they remove Fable 3 from Steam?

Keys ran dry and Microsoft refused to generate more due to GFWL's future (or rather the impending lack thereof).

Braag

Because Microsoft don't bother to remove GFWL from it, better avoid any sells then work a bit to remove GFWL.

Oh yeah I forgot about GFWL and the incredibly slow death it's going through.

Keys ran dry and Microsoft refused to generate more due to GFWL's future (or rather the impending lack thereof).

Removing GFWL and implementing steamworks would solve that but knowing Microsoft it's too much work for them.

yatesl

I wish more games would recognised the Steam overlay. On the 360 that was a de facto pause button.

I was pleasantly surprised when I pressed the guide button on my Xbox One pad, and Shadows of Mordor just froze it's cutscene, until I disabled the overlay again.

Saty

Originally Posted by ModBot

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ionball 2: Ionstorm -- MB-7F54B8E2EA8798DE

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Well it did look like the game played itself and considering it was first off a Kinect game it certainly seems a lot more interactive. Saying that I get the feeling once you've played a couple of hours of it that's pretty much the game mechanics laid out so you better like them or the vuury purddy environments. But I'm a fickle person so that's just fine and dandy for me.

Yeah you've got it one, within a few hours you know all the mechanics. The fun can be in upgrading and getting new execution moves. They also start introducing bigger hordes of attacking enemies so you have to be on the ball with the countering, knowing how to defeat a few specific enemy types etc. Nothing mindblowing but certainly a bit more to it than given credit for.

Nabs

I wish more games would recognised the Steam overlay. On the 360 that was a de facto pause button.

I was pleasantly surprised when I pressed the guide button on my Xbox One pad, and Shadows of Mordor just froze it's cutscene, until I disabled the overlay again.

I hate when it pauses cutscenes :( It kills me inside.

More people need to play Toki Tori 2.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hardcastlemccormick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-925786425E8BC94C - Taken by Feel_The_Pain
Monaco -- MB-30D2891983FCCEC2

Jadax

Some free shit:

The Sims 3 Late Night (thesims3.com) -- MB-66128DB2F2DD0E1A
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff (thesims3.com) -- MB-74DA83E6D628ECEE
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-029337332ADC752E - Taken by jut420
AquaNox -- MB-4AF79AF16930B909 - Taken by bestpersonevar

Grief.exe

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/155706/steam-top-10

Valve reports the following 10 games were the bestselling games on Steam last week:

1.Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
2.Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
3.Alien: Isolation
4.Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
5.Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
6.Life is Feudal
7.DayZ
8.Styx: Master of Shadows
9.Kerbal Space Program
10.NBA 2K15

Something weird is going on with FFXIII disappearing entirely from the Steam top sellers list and not showing up here either.

Where is the source for this ? Just curious :D

I've always wondered that as well, but never dug into it. Do they just copy paste the top ten, or do they actually get word from Valve? The title would imply the latter, but I don't want to discount the former without formal proof.

EDIT:

There it is.

13 doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the top 10 list until Square fixes shit up. They aren't foreign to PC development and have many other studios they could've asked for help.

I'd buy it if it wasn't a turd.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-31E2DF85132994AD - Taken by Naito
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-8E26F958B6E9CB57 - Taken by TheLight
Airship Dragoon -- MB-32553ABA37D16914 - Taken by nja

Li Kao

Ok so the nvidia vsync causes the apparition of some artifacts on certain surfaces. I think I will try to play without any vsync. Mind you the artifacts are present without vsync but really less apparent.
I'm talking about a store canopy that becomes all fuzzy when vsync is on and remain normal without it. Well it becomes fuzzy if you play with the zoom button but at first glance all is normal.

And thinking about it, I had the same problem of fuzzy surfaces with AC3 vsynced.

Grief.exe

It was 4th or 5th but after the game got released it fell like a rock from the top 10 list.

No, it disappeared entirely one day. Valve, Square, someone likely removed it or there is some kind of error. There is a precedent for this happening in the past, though no direct proof.

Lomax

Something weird is going on with FFXIII disappearing entirely from the Steam top sellers list and not showing up here either.

Yeah the complete vanishing is bizarre and honestly in some ways calls the entire list into question, if something that extreme can happen, what else is going on behind the scenes in that list? It's always seemed a bit suspect once you get down to the 50-100 slots anyway.

As much as video games seem to want to clone the movie industry, at least the movie industry publishes detailed numbers about sales. This whole idea that it should be a company secret or something is bizarre and on Steam especially seems to come out of Valve's own paranoia and habitual extreme secrecy about everything.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the title

Joke's on us, can't put a mod on ignore

Deepo

I have a 3570k @stock and a 760 2gb. If I upgraded to a 970 or 980, would I be able to do 1440p or would I need to OC/upgrade my CPU? And would my CPU bottleneck a 970 or 980?

I've been running a 3570k@4.4Ghz and a GTX 980 some days, and the only game I've tested where the CPU is a clear bottleneck on my system is Watch Dogs with Ultra settings and Ultra textures. That game seems to need threads to throw up textures when driving fast. Drops into the 30s sometimes. Other than that, it seems pretty good at the moment.

xBladeM6x

I really want to buy DR3, but I don't know about at full price. I know if I buy it, I'm going to kick myself 2 months from now during the holiday sale.

Saty

XIII is too cheap to get inside the top10. Would have had to sell x3.75 the copies of NBA2k15. Only CS can chart on a weekly basis with that kind of price.

Benedict

Are Steam/Valve aware of the achievement glitch on certain (all?) games?
That if you are more than one steam-user on a computer and have the same game, the achievement unlocks for all owners of the game.

For example, my daughter just got two achievements in Monster Loves You just by starting the game. War, All Humans Dead & War, Endless Fighting

MattyG

Banned
I'm so disappointed to find out that the DayZ mod isn't worth playing anymore due to hackers. I never even got to try the variation mods like Epoch :(

I've been running a 3570k@4.4Ghz and a GTX 980 some days, and the only game I've tested where the CPU is a clear bottleneck on my system is Watch Dogs with Ultra settings and Ultra textures. That game seems to need threads to throw up textures when driving fast. Drops into the 30s sometimes. Other than that, it seems pretty good at the moment.
Hm. Well I'm only at 3.4Ghz right now, so I'm sure I'd have issues. Looks like I'll have to suck it up and buy a aftermarket cooler and OC or upgrade my CPU.

Final Fantasy XIII is no where to be found. It should have been in the top ten during release week.

I really wonder what happened to. It was the third best-selling game, then it was released and it vanished at the exact time it was released from the bestselling list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom