• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Godzilla: Final Wars is the best godzilla movie.

http://youtu.be/_aZKHsha3Ek
vxrokv.gif

NIN90

Second time now that a gift purchase doesn't show up in my inventory. First Mark of the Ninja a couple weeks ago, now Trials Fusion. I should really stop doing that.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Sorry, but we have already firmly stated that this is not the case, and in fact the new Godzilla movie was awesome.

Listen to this guy, he is a cat with sunglasses. Of course he is correct. New Godzilla was awesome. Go watch your old japanese Godzilla movies again you hipsters!

Dr Dogg

To me it is always proportional. The worse the game is, the better it needs to be technically to enjoy it, because once you are immersed, it doesn't really matter.

Hahaha that kind of makes me think of Bad Rats and Unearthed. Now while Bad Rats has become a parody around here it's technically sound, granted wonky physics here and there but at least the game is consistent in how it present's itself on a technical level. Now Unearthed would plummet to a silly framerate on me for no reason despite my stupid PC being well over speced. Then the bugs I did encounter we more game breaking than anything Bad Rats threw at me.

So while Bad Rats is a joke I can actually play and semi enjoy it while Unearthed makes me want to tear my hair out after just 40 mins of the game and probably never fire it back it.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
iXJZoWCrc1e26.PNG

But I think I can't play this before the weekend anyway, my brother doesn't have time till then and there is no way I'm playing this alone :p

Does overclocking monitor refresh rates have any drawback?
also Guardians of the Galaxy is the best movie so far this year, followed by Days of Future Past, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Edge of Tomorrow and Hercules
The correct answer is still The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Arthea

Hahaha that kind of makes me think of Bad Rats and Unearthed. Now while Bad Rats has become a parody around here it's technically sound, granted wonky physics here and there but at least the game is consistent in how it present's itself on a technical level. Now Unearthed would plummet to a silly framerate on me for no reason despite my stupid PC being well over speced. Then the bugs I did encounter we more game breaking than anything Bad Rats threw at me.

So while Bad Rats is a joke I can actually play and semi enjoy it while Unearthed makes me want to tear my hair out after just 40 mins of the game and probably never fire it back it.

I noticed over the years, that I never get used to bad gameplay, even if I try to, even if a game is so bad it's good, if controls are bad, camera horrible, fr shitty, too many bugs, glitches, gameplay seriously lacking in any department, I just can't play it and believe me I tried (><)

OTOH I'm not annoyed if a game is 30fps, unless it's really fast action game, I'm not annoyed by the lack of antialiasing, or bad VA, or horrible story, bad writing.
The only thing I always expect from any game, that it is fun to play and surprises me time from time, that's it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As it turns out, running around trying to find something in real life isn't as fun as it is in AssCreed (I spent a good three hours or so trying to find an X1 controller that wasn't full price).

The correct answer is still The Grand Budapest Hotel.

A mother of dragons after my own heart.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hmm, next Car Game finally got a proper name; Wreckfest

Alien screenshot. Games. I don't talk about movies in this thread.

The mega/joint corporation responsible for just most every bit of technology in the Alien franchise was Weyland-Yutani, with the Yutani half being a Japanese company. Bit of a joke about the future back when Alien was made as during that time Toyota and Sony were really getting big in the States and looked to be overtaking Western companies in certain fields, or when you bought a new electronic the instructions would be in English and Japanese.

Quite a few things had Japanese writing in the films and comics, though all minor and in the background. So this game being a giant love letter to Alien, they kept such things.

Cannot connect to Steam? Was Steam a scam? Scamming me into buying 1500 games and then just vanishing?

I have been online for the whole day so your region's servers might be full right now.

For the bolded part: They might be the best scam I have ever fallen prey to. I can get new games less than 60$ at launch day (except for Ubi and Acti).
If I had the money.

Dr Dogg

I noticed over the years, that I never get used to bad gameplay, even if I try to, even if a game is so bad it's good, if controls are bad, camera horrible, fr shitty, too many bugs, glitches, gameplay seriously lacking in any department, I just can't play it and believe me I tried (><)

OTOH I'm not annoyed if a game is 30fps, unless it's really fast action game, I'm not annoyed by the lack of antialiasing, or bad VA, or horrible story, bad writing.
The only thing I always expect from any game, that it is fun to play and surprises me time from time, that's it.

Here's the thing though, as long as care has been taken with flexible design you can account for lack of AA options, unsupported aspect ratios, lower framerates etc. by external tools or by future of more powerful hardware but if you don't like a gameplay element or not fond of the voice acting and even more so the story and characters they are really, really hard to change.

We all might have different requirements for our enjoyment but some are more easily rectified than others. Honestly I've got so many games on my plate at the moment that if a game crops up that doesn't meet my silly list of desirables then it's no biggie for me to pass up on it as I have more than enough games to keep me going for the rest of my life and then some. Though I would like it if these issues I have were addressed before release but sadly it always comes down to people other than the publisher or developers that fully disclose them.

I'm in the US and steam is down for me and various web pages lead to redirect loops. Steam itself says the service is down for routine maintenance.

Just play in offline mode?

Ok, feel free to call me weird but...Steam doesn't log your play time in offline mode right?

For some reason I like seeing how long I have spent on a game, how many hours it took me to complete.

If I'm wrong and it does, that'd be great.

Messiah

Ok, feel free to call me weird but...Steam doesn't log your play time in offline mode right?

For some reason I like seeing how long I have spent on a game, how many hours it took me to complete.

If I'm wrong and it does, that'd be great.

Oh, I think you are right it does not unless they fixed that.

Coreda

I don't think it does. But It will sync achievements once you get back online. I know that for sure.

Played a game entirely offline about a year ago and no achievements or play time were recognized once online, so maybe they changed that or it's only certain games.

There's a game in early access I have that can't be played at all in offline mode, which is disappointing. No idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom