• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I think you are right it does not unless they fixed that.

I don't think it does. But It will sync achievements once you get back online. I know that for sure.

Cheers guys.

Friend is connected, I can't connect. Both Australia. :(

Man. I wonder if it's the haxx0rs or whateverthefuck they call themselves.

Played a game entirely offline about a year ago and no achievements or play time were recognized once online, so maybe they changed that or it's only certain games.

There's a game in early access I have that can't be played at all in offline mode, which is disappointing. No idea why.

From what I can gather from Google, it's completely random. Many conflicting reports. Oh Steam, never change.

derExperte

No Steam for Germany.

Sorry, but we have already firmly stated that this is not the case, and in fact the new Godzilla movie was awesome.

Not awesome but pretty solid.

It was cool for 1998, the new one is trash and godzilla looked like a fatass lizard.

Serious question: How old were you and others in '98? Because I remember everyone and their mother laughing about the badness of the movie and in my mind only young age could explain thinking the movie or the monster were cool/good. That so many here like it is kinda surprising.

Catshade

I have (maybe) a stupid question, but what is the difference between Easy and Normal difficult on RE4?
Because I'm following a guide to grab all the treasure etc, but on the guide there are already two session I skipped in the castle. One is when you need to enter the garden: for me, I just triggered the cutscene with Ada (first encounter) and the chapter ended, totally skipping the garden section :l

Yeah, in easy mode, certain sections of the game are skipped (including that garden maze).

In New York, just tried to connect and was denied.

"Connection Error: Could not connect to the Steam network"

The support link is also dead.

Arthea

I don't think it does. But It will sync achievements once you get back online. I know that for sure.

That's certainly not true, for example for Civ5 (unless this was fixed), no achievements while playing offline, and anything you do doesn't count to overall achievements too.
I'm fairly sure not only Civ is this way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I like how I said it first and didn't get a compliment. I think JaseC is still sore that I said Zooey Deschanel is better than Ronan :p

I didn't read back through the thread, but fortunately there's room enough for both of you. :p

:) I do hope Interstellar changes that though.

Since Superior Nolan is leading the charge on the script I'm optimistic about it. Also, the OST needs to hit iTunes already.

Dr Dogg

I have (maybe) a stupid question, but what is the difference between Easy and Normal difficult on RE4?
Because I'm following a guide to grab all the treasure etc, but on the guide there are already two session I skipped in the castle. One is when you need to enter the garden: for me, I just triggered the cutscene with Ada (first encounter) and the chapter ended, totally skipping the garden section :l

Yep on scrub Easy difficulty since the Wii version (I think?) the garden maze and a later section in
the clock tower
are cut. I'm guessing because they might have been considered hard. On Normal and higher just damage recived and damage dealt scaled with a few AI behavioral tweaks on Pro as far as I can remember. Nothing on Normal or greater effects treasure locations though some you have to be really careful to get or you won't be able to go back if you don't get them at the right time. So really all I can say is don't play on Easy!

yuraya

Played a game entirely offline about a year ago and no achievements or play time were recognized once online, so maybe they changed that or it's only certain games.

There's a game in early access I have that can't be played at all in offline mode, which is disappointing. No idea why.

That's certainly not true, for example for Civ5 (unless this was fixed), no achievements while playing offline, and anything you do doesn't count to overall achievements too.
I'm fairly sure not only Civ is this way.

Maybe it depends on the game. It worked for me with Dust and Alan Wake when I briefly played them offline earlier this year in March I believe. Both synced a few of the cheevos when I got them offline once I got back online.

Momentary

Banned
Man, I sure as hell wish Namco would test the waters on Steam with some Tekken Tag Tournament 2. This Tekken 7 footage has me hyped. The game would really benefit on the platform. It's a blurry mess on consoles.

If I won the lotto I would definitely help fund porting games over. I'd work a deal with Bamco, ASW, Nipper Ichi, Atlus, etc and get things set up through a contractor like QLOC for optimized goodness. I'm on duty right now so I have had a lot of time to daydream.

kiyomi

Does overclocking monitor refresh rates have any drawback?.

Not AFAIK. It would void your warranty if the monitor breaks (for whatever reason) and they somehow find out you've been running it above spec.

I have my monitor at 74hz atm and it's nice, but most of the time I don't recognise a significant difference between 60 and 74 - only in racing games have I thought 'hmm, maybe this is a bit smoother?'.

It's really a psychological thing for me. I just like knowing the game is running as smooth as I can get it within my means.

aku:jiki

Did anyone mess around with Gauge that was in whatever bundle it was in? I did and I have no idea what was going. You tap the spacebar a bunch and then some weird shit happens. It's extremely pretentious but also kind of stupidly engaging.

Umh, is installed by default, you can't remove it right?
I use Firefox.
Don't know, I never tried, but you can certainly remove the horrible icon from your taskbar! Right-click on the icon, "unpin from taskbar".

It was cool for 1998, the new one is trash and godzilla looked like a fatass lizard.

He's always looked like a fatass lizard.

Serious question: How old were you and others in '98? Because I remember everyone and their mother laughing about the badness of the movie and in my mind only young age could explain thinking the movie or the monster were cool/good. That so many here like it is kinda surprising.

I saw that movie when I was 9ish, and I still thought it was some dumb shit. Young age isn't an excuse either. Though I did grow up on all the OG Godzilla, so maybe I had a refined taste.

I also thought Godzilla 2014 was an absolute blast, dunno why it's getting so much hate...

I hope Kaiju films make a good comeback, and some good games come of it as well.

Qvoth

i can't remember the last time i experienced steam being down, if any
half life 3 incoming?
AU7Amsc.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What's this? Half Life 3 for free? Only for the next 10 minutes? Well, sure I'll take one, thanks Valve. Man, right now they are giving away games left and right. It's crazy!

Vlodril

trying to buy project zomboid in the eu store but the client wont cooperate. there was an error again and again. ill try later i guess.

Ronik

Hey, I have some pretty good coupons, PM me if you want them:

90% off The Book of Unwritten Tales
90% off Deponia
90% off Electronic Super Joy: Groove City
61% off 6180 the Moon

And some 25/15% vouchers, which I doubt anybody wants:

2x 25% off Banished
2x 25% off Pixel Piracy
2x 25% off Heavy Bullets
15% off Road Redemption

Arthea

so, steam went down to deliver coupons yet again? (><)
I have those too, but I'll offer them for taking when I get back home.

Kaleinc

Banned
I was old enough, more importantly it was not until several years later that I watched the movie for the first time - 2001(2) or something. Solid action piece, going with imdb review: Drastically underrated, speaking of badness that's Godzilla (2014) hands down.

Arthea

Has anyone seen any footage of FFXIII on PC yet? It's almost release day and outside of a couple of DiveIn presentations I've not seen anything. Fingers flipping crossed on this one.

Nope I got something a little different.

Nothing so far, I begin to wonder if any media are even going to bother with reviewing it

(><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom