• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man, that level 25 rune achievement is so easy to mess up in SOM. Got two legendary and a level 24 from screwed up attempts. It sucks having to build up more dudes.

Annubis

1 day (or 2? is it 7 or 8?) left until Canadian money Steam...
I'm hoping for pricing errors to at least lighten the blow.

madjoki

Something interesting I noticed about cards, you're still eligible for booster drops even if the game has been removed from your account.

2P0ZJOV.png

For example, 3089 -- Futuristic Action RPG was a subscription I asked support to pull. I no longer own that game, but I can still get booster drops.

Have you actually got booster?
That list seems to be wrong and list games where you aren't actually eligbly
I get listed games where I cheated and got drops using family share bug.
Actual badge page is correct and shows correctly not eligible for booster.

Who's up for a SteamGAF money pool to rent Amazon servers to run our own 'Steam Gauge' sales calculations like Ars did that once and doesn't seem to be doing any more? Stump or Shackles could write the script.

I'm actually doing something similar to this. My original intention was elsewhere thought (monitoring badges crafted).

madjoki

I don't think they will get a fantastic pricing error to a price rise, mostly happens to a price lowering.

(To me) It seems like recent price mistakes were due to using dot instead of comma as thousand separator.

eg. 1.234 instead of 1,234, which then gets rounded or 'switching' two currencies.
These don't really work with EUR/USD/AUD prices since it would likely go up (say if Russian and Euro amounts get switched)

Have you actually got booster?
That list seems to be wrong and list games where you aren't actually eligbly
I get listed games where I cheated and got drops using family share bug.
Actual badge page is correct and shows correctly not eligible for booster.

TlOCi4l.png

Well then. Damn. Bit of a killjoy.

sprinkles

Man, that level 25 rune achievement is so easy to mess up in SOM. Got two legendary and a level 24 from screwed up attempts. It sucks having to build up more dudes.
One warchief dropped only 24 for me because he was fearless... also I did not know that getting an Epic rune even with a level 25+ drop chance does not count so I wasted another warchief that way. Hint: do not send a death threat even if it gives +5 power rating, it also increases the epic rune drop chance.

Miker

I'm really enjoying my time with DmC after playing past the first few missions (initial impressions here).

It took a bit to get used to the modifiers, and I'm still not a huge fan of the combined/alternate inputs for demon/angel dodge (either RT + LB or LT + RB), but otherwise, it controls like a dream.

I have both DMC4 and DmC installed right now, and it's interesting how different the two games are. DMC4's combat is god tier with incredibly bland levels, while DmC has streamlined combat and gorgeous environments. I'd love to see a true DMC5 from Itsuno as much as the next person, but given my apprehension when DmC was first announced, I'd say that I'm very happy with the result.

EDIT:

But screw color-coded enemies. Get that shit out of my DMC games. There's a mod to get rid of it that I'll use for a later playthrough.

Tellaerin

Has there ever been a good Godzilla game?

Looks like some posts were just redacted. Either that or I'm losing my mind.

Since it looks like it was lost in the shuffle, I had mentioned that this looked like it had the potential to be a fun giant monster-themed game. It's still pre-alpha (and it shows in the screenshots), but the user comments sound positive.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nooooo I wanted to check that Godzilla link when I got home. damn you mods *shakesfist

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Since it looks like it was lost in the shuffle, I had mentioned that this looked like it had the potential to be a fun giant monster-themed game. It's still pre-alpha (and it shows in the screenshots), but the user comments sound positive.

Plus don't forget that it's currently in a bundle for $3.49, so now's a good time to pick it up.

Ozium

I really don't understand this particular Early Access model.. "games going to be f2p, but you can pay us 5 dollars to test it"

u wot m8?

Milamber

Someone just burst into my room wearing a black suit and all and I completely forgot what happened next and a bit before that.

kudoboi

i actually had a nightmare yesterday of the steam GAF thread getting locked

it was because it got derailed by pictures of waifus

With everyone talking about great giant monster games, how could all of you forget the best one of all. The Neo Geo classic, King of the Monsters?!

Also I actually enjoyed the Rampage Wii game as well, again that was at the launch of the Wii so 2006, but still, I remember enjoying it for what it was.

I don't think I've ever earned a booster pack even though steam tells me I can. I must be doing something wrong

It might just take a while like what I've experienced. Then bam! a booster pack of anime goodness descended into me.

Just enjoy playing your games and it will come. Eventually.

Ozium

That game is 4.99 for Early Access, but it is going to be f2p... You are paying for the privilege of working for them by playtesting..

and it seems from their discussion forum that they have another kaiju battle game in development that is more robust and will not be a f2p multiplayer game...

I got it from a bundle so whatev but lol...

xBladeM6x

I haven't seen much about it, but is The Evil Within meant to be more focused on the survival horror, or action horror? (basically slower paced, or faster is what I'm asking) It looks interesting, but I'm not quite sure about it yet. :p

I haven't seen much about it, but is The Evil Within meant to be more focused on the survival horror, or action horror? (basically slower paced, or faster is what I'm asking) It looks interesting, but I'm not quite sure about it yet. :p

Seems to be survival horror. Bethesda even had a trailer titled "Every Last Bullet".

But it wouldn't surprise me if you can eventually accumulate lots of ammo through careful playing like older Resident Evils.

aku:jiki

I don't think I've ever earned a booster pack even though steam tells me I can. I must be doing something wrong
It's a numbers game. If you don't have that many games, you'll be seeing very few boosters. Don't feel bad if you see someone like Jase post that he probably gets 1-2 boosters a week, since he has a million games.

Wow, I didn't even notice that. That means I can't buy the game there either. Great. Seems like Ubisoft is supporting Steam out of necessity more than anything.

Ubisoft is only supporting Steam because no-one would buy their UPlay games otherwise.

And before you start to argue against this, no, I am right and you are wrong and I don't care about your stats!

ArynCrinn

Banned
Anybody else having issues adding custom amounts to your Steam Wallet since the last "update". I've updated Enhanced Steam to the latest version and every single time I try to add $400 it gives me:

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Same happens to a friend whenever trying to add less than $5.

Any fix for this, already contacting customer support but we all know how that goes. Been trying and "waiting a minute" since Fri...

Any help would be appreciated.

Arthea

Does Atari still hold onto Godzilla license? Way less chance we get it on PC then.
Probably, last Godzilla game was Unleashed, and it was published by Atari, but good ones were published Toho, I never understood who has IP and why.

You guys got some grudge against each other

he has!
not really, it was a joke der Experte made, that I post only when he's not around, it's kinda true, though (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom