• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I think I'm done with Everyday genius, I noticed that I already spent 44 hours with it, that's a bit too much, even if it's good, it's not THAT good.
Also nobody is even trying, so I lost motivation too
Global Rank #2033

sounds like you weren't trying very hard either

Haunted

It was cool for 1998, the new one is trash and godzilla looked like a fatass lizard.
i4vRVRMNFxY5d.gif

While the (typical Hollywood) focus on the military and heroic exploits of soldiers was a turn-off, at least it adhered closer to the classic elements that make up a good Godzilla movie with the actual design of the monsters being a major positive point.

Also, Ken Watanabe so underutilised, reduced to open-mouthed staring and cheesy philosophical one-liners. Even great actors can't save bad scripts.

dex3108

Umh, GMG forgot to update Playfire's rewards.

They need to push reward system a bit harder now because holiday season is near. Also they could release 10% off code that works with GMG credit and 20% code that doesn't work with GMG credit and it would be fine. I hope that i will be at 50$ at the end of this year :D

Messiah

Finished Shadow of Mordor, seemed really short. It's fun though. Definitely worth the nuuvem price. Full price not so much imo.

At least I am ready for Alien now.

Dr Dogg

Hope you can craft a badge with those!

And who wouldn't want a Copons badge on their profile!

Nothing so far, I begin to wonder if any media are even going to bother with reviewing it

(><)

Well the 'instruction manual' does show keyboard support and recognise there is such a thing as an AZERTY keyboard
yes I do know they are a real 'thing'
so that's a glimmer of hope (teehee) there's been some considerations made.

But yeah I guess you're right. No one would bother to write anything about this so late after the intia... Hang on a sec.

Hmmm.

Guys I have a question for you.
I have a tv-monitor with native resolution of 1360x768. It's connected with an hdmi cable, so in the resolution options I can choose 1920x1080 but it look all blurry and small.
If I want the quality of 1920x1080 on my monitor, can downsampling do the trick? How does it work?

Arthea

Hey, I'm doing 1-2 puzzles per day, still have roughly 9800 to go. :)

on second thought, maybe I should get nice round 10K score... That you have something to look up to (><)
decisions, decisions.

Since we're posting ranks, come at me GAF!
http://i.imgur.com/CiwKyFl.png[/IMG

Got a couple vids recorded too![/QUOTE]

lemme guess, you are young, very young
[SPOILER]that's pretty amazing, actually ;)
I couldn't resist after all (><)[/SPOILER]

I have a tv-monitor with native resolution of 1360x768. It's connected with an hdmi cable, so in the resolution options I can choose 1920x1080 but it look all blurry and small.
If I want the quality of 1920x1080 on my monitor, can downsampling do the trick? How does it work?
Only if you download the rest of the pixels. But really, it will come no where close. Downsampling is only effective as an AA solution and bringing out more detail in textures when doing so from 4K up. Get a new monitor, there are a lot of cheap 1080P ones.

It works by adding custom resolutions to your video settings in the Nvidia control panel, and then activating those resolutions in-game.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I searched for "Gua" in my Steam library because I wanted to install Guacamelee. Under that, another result: "Singularity".

My reaction: Oh my fuck, since when do I own this?!?

Just another day in Steamland~

Arthea

And who wouldn't want a Copons badge on their profile!

Well the 'instruction manual' does show keyboard support and recognise there is such a thing as an AZERTY keyboard
yes I do know they are a real 'thing'
so that's a glimmer of hope (teehee) there's been some considerations made.

But yeah I guess you're right. No one would bother to write anything about this so late after the intia... Hang on a sec.

Hmmm.

gaf will break universe one day, mark my word!

Dipper145

I kept getting e-mails from playfire that I had 0$ in my account, but clicking on that link and logging in, I have $6.24. Pretty sweet.

ArynCrinn

Banned
on second thought, maybe I should get nice round 10K score... That you have something to look up to (><)
decisions, decisions.

lemme guess, you are young, very young
that's pretty amazing, actually ;)
I couldn't resist after all (><)

Meh, Tele will probably easily surpass my score in due time, he's already beat Grandmaster and placed in all likelihood the #2 legit score for No Luca No, I had to go back and hit close to 7,700 just to retake my No Luca No score back from him. And he's done all that in a fraction of the time it took me.

So yeah, it's just a lot of practice.

Grief.exe

Unless they offer a full list for a new release there really is no reason to bother with rewards now.

Even Shadow of Mordor had only a few achievements for awards.

Windows scaling for TV's and downsampiling is terrible. Don't judge the image from the desktop alone.

I kept getting e-mails from playfire that I had 0$ in my account, but clicking on that link and logging in, I have $6.24. Pretty sweet.

Yeah they bug out from time to time.

I keep buying their mediocre bundles just so if one of those errors stick, I'll have spent something.

Arthea

Meh, Tele will probably easily surpass my score in due time, he's already beat Grandmaster and placed in all likelihood the #2 legit score for No Luca No, I had to go back and hit close to 7,700 just to retake my No Luca No score back from him. And he's done all that in a fraction of the time it took me.

So yeah, it's just a lot of practice.

way to avoid a question!
just checked, my global rank is whooping #101563 (><)

Divius

Tomorrow is Alien: Isolation day! Probably won't leave my computer all day. Except to change my diaper.

Does anyone know how it works with the Alien: Isolation related TF2 items? Someone gifted me the game, does that mean I am not eligible for the TF2 items? Or should I already have them by now or will I get them on release of A:I? Or do I need to boot up TF2 to get them? (I don't play TF2 anymore but at least I could sell them of give them away)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
One warchief dropped only 24 for me because he was fearless... also I did not know that getting an Epic rune even with a level 25+ drop chance does not count so I wasted another warchief that way. Hint: do not send a death threat even if it gives +5 power rating, it also increases the epic rune drop chance.

Yeah my mistakes went as follows:
-Attempted to just use an already branded dude - epic drop
-Accidentally branded the next dude - epic drop
-Forgot to exploit a fear - level 24 drop

And then I finally got it after a bit of grinding up another dude who had a fire fear and a terrific mission spawn point.

Negative review incoming: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/recommended/215530

Sorry Van Helsing. I just can't recommend you.
The certainly game had a lot of issues that hindered my enjoyment.

Jawmuncher

Tomorrow is Alien: Isolation day! Probably won't leave my computer all day. Except to change my diaper.

Does anyone know how it works with the Alien: Isolation related TF2 items? Someone gifted me the game, does that mean I am not eligible for the TF2 items? Or should I already have them by now or will I get them on release of A:I? Or do I need to boot up TF2 to get them? (I don't play TF2 anymore but at least I could sell them of give them away)

Even gifts activated before release count as a preorder. Boot up tf2 and you should get them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The items are just tied to the pre-purchase sub, although this isn't something SteamDB picks up on. That's why, in the past, there have been two or three cases of people receiving TF2 items despite activating a key from a DD retailer (the most recent example being Wolf14).

Even gifts activated before release count as a preorder. Boot up tf2 and you should get them.

Pre-order gifts count as a pre-order regardless of when you activate them. You could activate the game a decade from now and you'd still get the items.

Dr Dogg

Those lovable chaps at GAME just emailed me to say they have a 3 for 2 sale on PC titles at the moment.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/pc-games/3-for-2/

There's a few Steam redeemable games in there and most stuff is £4.99. More importantly there is a couple of titles removed from Stream in there like Ride to Hell: Retribution and The Wheelman
which sadly isn't Steam redeemable.

Divius

The items are just tied to the pre-purchase sub, although this isn't something SteamDB picks up on. That's why, in the past, there have been two or three cases of people receiving TF2 items despite activating a key from a DD retailer (the most recent example being Wolf14).
Thanks guys! Booted TF2 and got the items, but unfortunately they are not marketable.

Saty

A playable alpha for realistic medieval game Kingdom Come: Deliverance starts 22nd October, developer Warhorse has announced.

It won't contain any combat or horse riding, but there will be a village with several mini-quests to explore, as well as several NPCs to observe as they go about their daily routines.

This is very much about testing if the game works on people's computers - putting a tiny chunk of the game out and building it out from there.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-06-kingdom-come-deliverance-alpha-begins-22nd-october

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom