• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

Uncharted Waters just released and was never on my radar. A.R.E.S. looks interesting, something that I could play sparingly this month, but Shovel Knight also beckons.

Vecks

Remember Me is all right. I heard it had auto-platforming, but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. Only played 2 hours so far, and I'm enjoying it more than Enslaved.

Miguel81

Remember Me is all right. I heard it had auto-platforming, but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. Only played 2 hours so far, and I'm enjoying it more than Enslaved.

Have not started Remember Me. Auto-platforming?, like AssCreed? It's such a looker from the shots that it is enticing me, but I must resist. Have Enslaved on my wishlist, and don't know what to think about that one other than it has that Ninja Theory visual appeal.

Have not started Remember Me. Auto-platforming?, like AssCreed? It's such a looker from the shots that it is enticing me, but I must resist. Have Enslaved on my wishlist, and don't know what to think about that one other than it has that Ninja Theory visual appeal.
It's definitely more like the Uncharted/Prince of Persia platforming/wall climbing than it is Assassin's Creed. If you have it already I'd definitely recommend trying it.

Miguel81

It's definitely more like the Uncharted/Prince of Persia platforming/wall climbing than it is Assassin's Creed. If you have it already I'd definitely recommend trying it.

Horror month, my man. Must stick to my rule, play only horror games and share thoughts on the GAF 31 Nights thread. It's loony, but this is the right time of year for that. This does not mean I will not be buying non-horror games to stock up for cold season, haha.

Horror month, my man. Must stick to my rule, play only horror games and share thoughts on the GAF 31 Nights thread. It's loony, but this is the right time of year for that. This does not mean I will not be buying non-horror games to stock up for cold season, haha.
Nice! I plan on doing that as well, dunno where to start though.

eyeless

anyone have any idea whether canada should expect raised prices on 15-20 dollar-ish games or just 50-60 dollar ones

Miguel81

Nice! I plan on doing that as well, dunno where to start though.

Amnesia and Outlast are great for different reasons, of course. Penumbra, I prefer that to Amnesia but it's a little janky in comparison. For console side, TC on the other thread is playing through Fatal Frame/Project Zero games.

I've got my list:
Outlast Whistleblower(gog)
D/D2/Enemy Zero - D and Enemy Zero have PC versions, but of course they are not on Steam(yet!)
Alien Isolation
The Evil Within
Overblood - Old game for PSOne(ePSXe)

Edit: Shovel Knight also fits in for this season, like most of the Castlevania games.

Amnesia and Outlast are great for different reasons, of course. Penumbra, I prefer that to Amnesia but it's a little janky in comparison. For console side, TC on the other thread is playing through Fatal Frame/Project Zero games. I've got

Outlast Whistleblower(gog)
D/D2/Enemy Zero - D and Enemy Zero have PC versions, but of course they are not on Steam(yet!)
Alien Isolation
The Enemy Within
Overblood - Old game for PSOne(ePSXe)
I was thinking of
Outlast
Alien
Silent Hill 2
Fatal Frame 2

And then go from there if I finish those. I have SIlent Hill 3 and 4, Fatal Frame 1, and Amnesia to go back to afterwards, so we'll see.
Edit: and I never finished Dead Space 2, so there's that as well.
Edit again: guess I should probably go post this in the thread. Whoops.

Miguel81

I was thinking of
Outlast
Alien
Silent Hill 2
Fatal Frame 2

And then go from there if I finish those. I have SIlent Hill 3 and 4, Fatal Frame 1, and Amnesia to go back to afterwards, so we'll see.
Edit: and I never finished Dead Space 2, so there's that as well.

That's a nice list. Fatal Frame 1 is the hardest to go back to after playing the sequel. Silent Hill 2, 3, 4 PC?? Ugh, why is Konami delaying the inevitable.

Well I was thinking about changing it.. :3
It's definitely an improvement, but maybe I just dig that look more.
That's a nice list. Fatal Frame 1 is the hardest to go back to after playing the sequel. Silent Hill 2, 3, 4 PC?? Ugh, why is Konami delaying the inevitable.
Thanks. And yeah I have 2 and 3 for PC, and then 2 and 4 for Xbox (The Fatal Frames are the Xbox versions). I haven't decided what I want to play them on yet. If Konami fixed them up and put them on Steam I would definitely triple dip.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Night Dive's NOLF trademarks have been published for opposition and assuming nobody contests them, they'll be awarded in a few weeks. If we further assume that ND filed for the trademarks because it's worked something out with Fox then there's a very real chance of the games being re-released by Christmas.

Miguel81

Never played the NOLF games but since they have the Monolith touch, and are praised, I should be in for a treat. Always good to hear good(possibly?) news.

Divius

iCpo8wLH7Jacg.jpg
For a second I thought that was Uncharted. Fat Nathan Drake and Second-Rate Scully reporting in for another adventure!

Certainly hoping that, if someone does contest the NOLF trademarking, Night Dive will then know who to contact for getting a deal signed. Best outcome is that no one's going to claim against.

Extra copy for some of you
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Space Farmers -- MB-78DC90AECBA73962 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.

t1412408965z1.png

oipic

Well I was thinking about changing it.. :3

I approve! Lovely.

Night Dive's NOLF trademarks have been published for opposition and assuming nobody contests them, they'll be awarded in a few weeks. If we further assume that ND filed for the trademarks because it's worked something out with Fox then there's a very real chance of the games being re-released by Christmas.

Cate approves. Fingers crossed, Jase - thanks.

Anteater

Welp got valiant hearts, thanks to random hats i found under my waifu pillow, my hdd seems to be doing ok, could finally install all those 30gig games again! Today is a good day.

kudoboi

Welp got valiant hearts, thanks to random hats i found under my waifu pillow, today is a good day.

i found valiant hearts to be very "meh"

the gameplay was sometimes downright frustrating and the "sad" story didnt have any effect on me at all.

Phinor

Officially lost the race against new releases. Still playing Wasteland 2, got few hours into Mordor, Endless Legend is still a thing I need to put some serious hours into. I bought the new Age of Wonders DLC, I've been meaning to try what Total War Rome 2 is a year after its release, Battlefield 4 just got a huge patch and my F1 2013 season is still running. That all would be still be manageable, but I have three games pre-purchased for next week, two for the week after that. Then it's time for Civilization which will consume a hundred hours in a month even if I didn't have a spare hundred hours.

This doesn't happen every year so I guess it's a good problem to have. It's the mid-tier/indie games that didn't exist to such extent even few years ago that caused this. At any other time I would already be super hyped for Grimrock 2 but I just don't have the resources to get hyped right now, it's just sitting in my pre-purchase queue, waiting for the inevitable day it releases and I don't have the time to play it.

Anteater

i found valiant hearts to be very "meh"

the gameplay was sometimes downright frustrating and the "sad" story didnt have any effect on me at all.

I actually have no idea what the gameplay is about :lol, was in it for the story, there were a few story driven games that I didn't like very much either recently, hope I'll like valiant hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom