• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

The console-games->pc thread is kinda... strange.

Apparently we're only getting games for PC because publishers don't have realized yet that PC gamers pirate a lot. When they do it's over.

Hold back, maybe I am able to aquire something in the next hours. I just pray that the deal stays for that time. If what I have in mind does not work, I gladly buying the game from you.

I ordered a second key, I'm sure someone will take it (
ModBot
). If I were already verified I would buy a few more for GAF but I don't want to set off any alarm bells and make them cancel everything. Which still could happen.

Oh yeah, the Silent Of The Sleep guy debugged my problems in the game with me last night, in my own language to boot, like 20 minutes after submitting a thing to the discussions. Would be amazing if all devs were like that.

Sendou

Oh yeah, the Silent Of The Sleep guy debugged my problems in the game with me last night, in my own language to boot, like 20 minutes after submitting a thing to the discussions. Would be amazing if all devs were like that.

Oh man the dev for that game is Finnish? This is like The Swapper all again. I see a game getting praise but only learn of its origins later. Cool stuff.

Gintoki

So I heard you like anime games GAF
ss_c9db347a85023b34c95e011e10fddc2852a8e254.1920x1080.jpg

ss_264bc6932e16600af41237c4a6515f28d2a32940.1920x1080.jpg

Release on the 6th/7th-
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319750/?snr=1_4_4__tab-Upcoming

Wrote a post about it in the previous thread, I might pick it up since its in the cheap, even though the servers won't be lasting that long.

Another uh.. interesting post by the dev behind the game (he bought the game assets from the previous company he worked with)

I develop this game alone. I now have no money.
If I do not earn money , I can not additional update.

I have developed this game over 7 years.
My dream was to release the game.
I do not expect to earn money with selling this game.
I will use profit for selling game to maintenance servers.

3)
Sorry. There is not documents of classes or mechanics.

4)
Project D Online use the Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine in Japan.
It use IBM Softlayer Bare metal server in United States and Europe.
I think that these servers and my server codes are stable enough. But it might have some problems that I have unknown.

If you are far from the regions (Japan, US East, US West, Europe West) , you might have large latency of network.
If ping is over 150ms , you will feel to inconvenient in battle.

kudoboi

The console-games->pc thread is kinda... strange.

"Hey. MGS and FF were released on PC about 15 years ago again. I dont see how the situation is improving."
"But look at Naruto, Dragonball, Tekken, PSP-Ports, KoF, Trails in the Sky, Agarest besides FF, MGS, DW."
"lalala, cant heart you!!!"

Link to the thread? :p

Edit nvm found it

Oh man the dev for that game is Finnish? This is like The Swapper all again. I see a game getting praise but only learn of its origins later. Cool stuff.

Yup, I had no idea either, then again, I had no idea of the game 5 minutes before I bought and installed the thing

Reminds me of Guacamelee, which isn't a bad thing.
Outland is Guacamelee done right for the most part, in my book. Except for the combat of course; Guacamelee's was quite basic, but at least it had a smooth flow to it and there was fun to be had by abusing invincibility frames through roll cancelling your attacks. Outland's feels constricted in comparison, although the boss fights, the level design and higher platforming difficulty more than makes up for that shortcoming.

Have not started Remember Me. Auto-platforming?, like AssCreed? It's such a looker from the shots that it is enticing me, but I must resist. Have Enslaved on my wishlist, and don't know what to think about that one other than it has that Ninja Theory visual appeal.
Having not played Remember Me (yet), I'll chime in by saying to not bother with Enslaved. It's not an outright terrible game, but there's barely any meat to the mechanics and the ending retroactively ruins the whole story, its main attraction. Some cool visuals here and there largely due to the art style, but tarnished by the low quality textures.

Didn't bother with the Pigsy DLC, because it sounded like a mindless fetchquest more than anything.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Tropico 3 -- MB-82A0A8C18C855A1A - Taken by Pranay_
Tropico 3 #2 -- MB-97666C55C2204CB0 - Taken by Rudakus
Tropico 3 #3 -- MB-9F4FB8C4EBF3E057
Tropico 3 #4 -- MB-D844EAF8FE4E5054 - Taken by Berlok
Tropico 3 #5 -- MB-454808E1BE46102F - Taken by Berlok

Also, from CAG:

Neat. Way too early for discounts to horror stuff like Alien: Isolation, The Evil Within and Costume Quest 2 but you never know. I assume Resident Evil's (will get 4 eventually because of that hot looking texture pack that gaffer is working on), Lords of Shadow 2, Amnesia's..etc will be on sale.

Who was a fan of Ariana Grande here? I just watched a couple episodes of Sam And Cat, it was fun, and Ariana was really cute.

I'm loving Revelations, is RE6 similar or more like RE5?

i don't understand the question, revelaitons is basically re5 with the ability to move while aiming and worse hit reactions
the closest thing to RE6 is vanquish and even then it's pretty far
I don't think Revelations is like 5, at least it doesn't feel the same to me, RE5 was much more cumbersome and boring.
But if 6 is different from 5 thats good for me.

Shadownet

Banned
Who was a fan of Ariana Grande here? I just watched a couple episodes of Sam And Cat, it was fun, and Ariana was really cute.

I'm loving Revelations, is RE6 similar or more like RE5?

Yeah yesterday my little brother was watching Nickolodeon.. I think I'm spelling that wrong.

There was an iCarly, Victoria Justice and Ariana Grande crossover episode. I couldn't stop watching it for some reason, it was actually funny.

Sam and Cat were the cutest ones.. >___<

Arthea

in preparation for winter sales, I decided to dedicate some of my precious free time registering on Amazon (US). I know I need valid US address from specific state to avoid taxes, would like suggestions which address to use. Anything else I should know?

Banned site, huh.

nobody ever reads OP, Turfster posts and lately mine too.
also your avatar scared me, the hell, it's not kawaii!

Anyone here playing Mordor with an I5 & GTX 570 or something comparable in specs? How does it run for you?

Also, from CAG:

oh, so we know for sure when Halloween sale will be? Nice find!

The_Monk

Morning everyone, hope y'all have a great Saturday.

Halloween Sale coming by the end of the month is great, will make sure to at least contribute with one or two recommendations that I know that fit the theme but may not be well known games.

in preparation for winter sales, I decided to dedicate some of my precious free time registering on Amazon (US). I know I need valid US address from specific state to avoid taxes, would like suggestions which address to use. Anything else I should know?

I'm not sure which I used. The classic one is the address from Google but you can just search for "random us address" on Google and you will get one.

Good times when Tony from Amazon was around, there was so many great deals!

nobody ever reads OP, Turfster posts and lately mine too.

Hey I read your posts! And the OP and the posts from good old Turfster.

Catshade

I live in a DMV office in Delaware. Easy to Google the address. :p

Oh, and be aware that some Steam codes in Amazon is restricted to North America territory.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

STEEL & STEAM EPISODE 1 -- MB-EC402BC823BA18A9 - Taken by agniswarm
ONE DAY for Ched -- MB-E405C290CDADFC75 - Taken by Sendou

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I just use the address of Google's HQ. California has sales tax but it doesn't apply to digital goods.

Night Dive's NOLF trademarks have been published for opposition and assuming nobody contests them, they'll be awarded in a few weeks. If we further assume that ND filed for the trademarks because it's worked something out with Fox then there's a very real chance of the games being re-released by Christmas.

Ah, Night Dive. Picking up abandonware trademarks to sell on Steam. Sure it's profit for them, but they're doing the Lord's work.

derExperte

Huh, where in the OP it mentions that this site is banned or breaks the rules?

If a site looks shady (apply some common sense, it's often very obvious), it's most likely breaking our rules to not link to inofficial key resellers.

Anyone here playing Mordor with an I5 & GTX 570 or something comparable in specs? How does it run for you?

Also, from CAG:

What's the '8-week buffer rule for discounts' mentioned at the end?

Arthea

I live in a DMV office in Delaware. Easy to Google the address. :p

Oh, and be aware that some Steam codes in Amazon is restricted to North America territory.

I'm about to move to your place, lemme get this clear, no taxes in Delaware?

Huh, where in the OP it mentions that this site is banned or breaks the rules?

There is a list of authorized retailers and let me tell you that not that many are missing from that list, except region specific ones, that most of us can't use anyway.

Hey I read your posts! And the OP and the posts from good old Turfster.

That clearly means you are no nobody, Monk ;)

If it looks shady (apply some common sense, it's often very obvious), it's most likely breaking our rules.

Dunno, I never tried this site, a friend of mine shwoed me this site and he claimed it was fine. Anyway, if it is fishy (not confirmed yet), better avoid it then.

Grief.exe

I just realized, I don't think I've ever played through an entire survival horror game (save for Dead Space 2, but I'd seen so much footage and watched my bro play so much that it didn't scare me when I finally played it). Alien Isolation and The Evil Within are going to be my firsts. I'm terrible with horror movies too, so I hope I can make it through them.

Make sure to check out RE4 and the upcoming RE1 release as well. They are both considered to be among the best games of all time, and completely different takes on the genre.

I hope Konami releases the original PC ports of Silent Hill one day.

derExperte

Dunno, I never tried this site, a friend of mine shwoed me this site and he claimed it was fine. Anyway, if it is fishy (not confirmed yet), better avoid it then.

Most of 'those' sites work fine most of the time but they're not trustworthy and do some despicable shit like buying bundles for a buck and then reselling the games for much more. Also sometimes games get revoked later, no one knows through which means they got the keys. Just don't buy there.

Make sure to check out RE4 and the upcoming RE1 release as well. They are both considered to be among the best games of all time, and completely different takes on the genre.

I hope Konami releases the original PC ports of Silent Hill one day.

If I rememembr correctly, the first Silent Hill is a shared property between Konami and Sony. Most of the staff who worked on that game joined Sony Studio Japan (making Siren games) and they had an agreement not to use tehir work aka this Silent Hill on other non Sony Platforms, that is why it only re-releases on Sony platforms only. So don't count on it being released on other platforms and especially after this long long long time.

Asgaro

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have been updated to version 6.8. This version introduces several new features and quite a few bug fixes.
  • Completely re-wrote how Enhanced Steam handles highlighting to be faster and more accurate
  • Added a "Customize" button to app pages that lets you decide which sections to display
  • Added a "Customize" button to the home page that lets you decide which sections to display
  • Added "Rewards from Playfire" to applicable app pages (thanks mouse0270!)
  • Added an "All New Releases" tab to Steam home page
  • Fixed a memory leak caused by continous scrolling function in some instances
  • Fixed account total spent feature to work with the new account page design
  • Fixed a bug that caused coupon discounts to not display properly on app pages
  • Fixed the placement of regional price comparison box on sale pages
  • Fixed the spacing of the "Popular" tab on the home page
  • Fixed a bug that caused some packages not to process savings calculations corectly
  • Fixed a bug where DLC checkboxes would behave incorrectly if the DLC had no subID
  • Updated DLC pages to work with the new store layout including the "add all unowned" button
  • Removed cart buttons on wishlist page due to changes made by Valve
Your extension should update automatically within the next hour. As always, please let me know if you run into any issues.

MQr9RDk.gif

Most of 'those' sites work fine most of the time but they're not trustworthy and do some despicable shit like buying bundles for a buck and then reselling the games for much more. Also sometimes games get revoked later, no one knows through which means they got the keys. Just don't buy there.

Ok, thanks for the tip, I warned my friend too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom