• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

So, the size of FFXIII on the Steam page (in the requirements) got bumped from 30GB to 60GB.

Ohhh uncompressed CGI cutscene goodness lol. No pre-load means its gonna take me like 10 years to download though.

I understand what you mean but I think that's not the right word for it?

Sheytan

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sheytan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Medal of Honor -- MB-71C1D93E5DE35945 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-16BFB5A1AAA40B0D - Taken by rickyson1. 1 entrants total.
Battlefield 3 -- MB-7B06DCADF1B5A3BE - Taken by Red Hood. 3 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-3F95DC13C5A62667 - Taken by davepoobond. 1 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-029337332ADC752E - Taken by jut420 - Taken by Jadax. 2 entrants total.

t1412730278z1.png

Lain

From UE4 facebook page: "What do you get when a group of developers who've worked on BioShock, Halo, Guitar Hero and Rock Band come together and build something beautiful with Unreal Engine 4?

Just take a moment and watch this Kickstarter video. "

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/molassesflood/the-flame-in-the-flood

9cb31834253bc992663a5bea595f59bb_large.gif

It looks really nice, but I don't feel convinced I'd enjoy the gameplay of the game enough to back it. I'll watch it and think it over though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I'll just leave this here ;)

Of course, only two days after I preorder it for the PS4, and only one day after I receive a PS4 as a birthday gift.

I hate to say this, but I think I'm going to keep my PS4 copy and double-dip later (on the cheap) if it comes to Steam.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Of course, only two days after I preorder it for the PS4, and only one day after I receive a PS4 as a birthday gift.

I hate to say this, but I think I'm going to keep my PS4 copy and double-dip later (on the cheap) if it comes to Steam.

HERETIC!!!!!!
;)

Momentary

Banned
In all seriousness.
I'm questioining why I even bought a PS4 and XB1.
Just about everything I want to play is on PC now.

Only worthwhile exclusive thus far has been D4 on XB1.
At least I have Bloodborne for next year.

Money spent on anything console related is almost nothing at this point.

That's why I am so apprehensive about buying a PS4 or WiiU. There are some titles there, but not all that many interest me.

I'm thinking of picking up a PS4 for Guilty Gear Xrd and Bloodborne. There isn't anything else out there worth checking out for me.

Lain

I'll just leave this here ;)

On one hand, cool! On the other, fuck, I'll have to get it now and as a Vita owner it burns given how much we asked it for Vita and they laughed in our face. On the third hand, not gonna pay that kind of money for it. Hopefully it's true, it'll be on Steam and it'll be priced at a more acceptable level.

Movember is a feature in the new Football Manager! Day 0 all over my face.

Twitch integration too, I remember they included Youtube integration a while back too, but I can't remember which year it was, might have been 2011.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Doesn't the store update go live with the midweek madness and deals stuff?

Nope. Almost all of the back-end servers are refreshed with the new store code on Tuesdays at approximately 4pm Pacific time. ("Tuesday Maintenance")

Chariot

I love my Vita. I buy games for my Vita, even if I mostly playing at my PC. Heck, I have more games for it than for my 360. I even buy stuff like Tearaway just to show Sony how much I love the device. But they just won't love their child. They're not even beating it, they're just ignoring it, even if its hammering its tiny hands at the door to not be left out in the cold.

jshackles

i'll believe it when we get FFV*

*That's remade like they did III and IV, and not the iOS / Anrdoid version. Not that I minded that version so much, but most people didn't.

MayMay

Banned
I understand what you mean but I think that's not the right word for it?

I guess not, lets say.. way less compressed video files than the Xbox 360 version. Uncompressed really wouldnt make sense, since that'd make each of them like 100+GB big.

Haunted

zavvi keeps sending me coupons and tells me that they're missing me and that I should come back and buy stuff on their site (which I did quite frequently in the past, particularly older console titles I missed on release). I blame Steam and its incredible sales which make zavvi and their deals on older console games look like overly expensive shit in comparison.

What I'm trying to say is that Steam is literally stealing money from other companies.

iosefe

I love my Vita. I buy games for my Vita, even if I mostly playing at my PC. Heck, I have more games for it than for my 360. I even buy stuff like Tearaway just to show Sony how much I love the device. But they just won't love their child. They're not even beating it, they're just ignoring it, even if its hammering its tiny hands at the door to not be left out in the cold.
the vita is a hell of a device.
*That's remade like they did III and IV, and not the iOS / Anrdoid version. Not that I minded that version so much, but most people didn't.

anything but the mobile versions. i would take a 3d over that any day

Chariot

zavvi keeps sending me coupons and tells me that they're missing me and that I should come back and buy stuff on their site (which I did quite frequently in the past, particularly older console titles I missed on release). I blame Steam and its incredible sales which make zavvi and their deals on older console games look like overly expensive shit in comparison.

What I'm trying to say is that is Steam literally stealing money from other companies.
You tell me about it.

jgdO0ZO4CelNK.png

10% Flashsale
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

jshackles

so that awful Canadian dollar is coming for sure today?

As far as I'm aware, their plans haven't changed. Better buy everything you can afford in the next 15 minutes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom