• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
We cant be friends anymore

But...
tumblr_mv5b7grlLX1s1kq7eo1_500.gif

So can any Canadian confirm if tax is paid or not on purchases?

I put stuff in my cart without buying. It says VAT is included in the price (I'm assuming they mean GST/PST) and had the total the same as the advertised price. But I didn't confirm it 100% by actually buying something.

Turfster

The search is pretty hilarious with all kinds of 3.99kr games, like all the source games, mixed in with 30kr games in a "from low to high" ordering.

Is all other DLC also that cheap? Missing all DLC here^^

Nope. It's weird, there's like 10 of them with pricing errors, while the rest are ok... It's not like anything but YotS, NiNP and the Square pack matter, anywya.

EDIT: The Blackwell games are dirt cheap, too. Epiphany, the latest and most expensive one, is only 11kr

NIN90

Oh the dreaded Tuesday maintenance. I was just about to get Alien off the outpost while there are still copies going for 10 keys. Alas..

OG Shadowrun Returns 14 kr

EDIT: Most Batman games (including LEGO) < 20 kr

KENTUCKY ROUTE ZERO 23 KR!!

Long Live The Queen 7kr

LEGO Marvel and LEGO LOTR 20kr, LEGO Hobbit 28 kr

Legend of Grimrock 11 kr

Tomb Raider 20kr

That's every price mistake on my wishlist... Now if only I was Norwegian :(

MattyG

Banned
I just saw a bunch of DayZ screens an now I want to put another 40 hours into it. I kinda want the fall game season to end so I have an excuse to throw all my time away on it. Hopefully there are vehicles in it by the time I get back to it.

Skyzard

Banned
Styx impressions, so far so good but it's no cake walk (playing on normal, there are 2 harder modes):
I've played about 90 minutes so far and will be going back to it soon but just wanted to say it's pretty damn cool.

To begin with, I was pretty frustrated, it doesn't hold your hand that much and took me a while to adjust to what is required having come mostly from Shadow of Mordor but it really immerses you. And the map design so far is very cool and interesting to explore.

It can be hard though, you do need to be careful.

One thing I'm a bit confused on at the moment is dropping to hang from ledges. It said if I walk slowly I could do it but it doesn't seem to always work. Like I have to be facing it in a certain way. Otherwise I use the jump and hold a to jump up and then grab the ledge.

Anyway, it's fantastic so far. I died many times already. I got frustrated, took a break and came back ready to give it more time and not rush through so much and found myself enjoying it way more.

Jawmuncher

I'm so back and forth with Alien Isolation.
When I love it I really love it. When I don't I really don't.
I really think it's the difficulty at work if anything here. Though things have gotten better after that earlier part. Hoping it keeps with how it's currently rolling. Since if so I should have no more complaints.

Teeth

Can someone tell me how to determine if a game is region locked (ROW or Russian excluded or Russia and Brazil excluded)?

Can this be determined by looking in Steam Database?

Someone please teach me so I never have to ask this question again.

Helmholtz

Basically yes.
Yeah.. I'm looking through the store and steam market now and this is really off-putting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but before this change we were basically paying US prices and CAD was accepted 1:1? If so, everything just went up 10% for us. Fuck.

Whoa... did Canada just get screwed with these pricing changes?

In some cases yes, in others no. Considering our credit cards were doing the conversion for us anyway, now it's almost an across the board 10% increase. I think seeing the increased prices is just a psychological barrier.

Seeing 2K15 for 70 bucks is a shocker.

Buzzbrad

In some cases yes, in others no. Considering our credit cards were doing the conversion for us anyway, now it's almost an across the board 10% increase. I think seeing the increased prices is just a psychological barrier.

Most up and coming games are $69.99 CAD. Assassins Creed, Far Cry, 2K15 etc

Teeth

Yeah.. I'm looking through the store and steam market now and this is really off-putting.

It's only sometimes (most of the time?).

For instance, AssCreed2 right now is on sale for 5$, same as the American price (though the Canadian dollar is lower so it's actually cheaper here) and I've noticed this on a few games.

Using Enhanced Steam, it'll tell you the American price in Canadian dollars and, even with the new adjustment upwards, we still sometimes save a few pennies. For instance, the Dark Souls 2 DLC is $9.99 USD, which is equivalent to $11.16 CAD, but it's listed as $10.99CAD

So we save 17 cents there.

Helmholtz

It's only sometimes (most of the time?).

For instance, AssCreed2 right now is on sale for 5$, same as the American price (though the Canadian dollar is lower so it's actually cheaper here) and I've noticed this on a few games.

Using Enhanced Steam, it'll tell you the American price in Canadian dollars and, even with the new adjustment upwards, we still sometimes save a few pennies. For instance, the Dark Souls 2 DLC is $9.99 USD, which is equivalent to $11.16 CAD, but it's listed as $10.99CAD

So we save 17 cents there.
Ah I see, weird. Looks like I need to get enhanced steam.
Seeing those upcoming games at $69.99 scares the shit out of me though.

Well, from 60USD to 70CAD, it's more than 10%, that's the problem... New releases are going to be really expensive on the Steam store for us Canadian people.

Buzzbrad

Which I think is right around what I would be paying once you consider the 59.99 USD price + conversion to CAD.

The conversion comes out to $67 so the $3 increase isn't horrible. Though if anyone is interested COD:AW on steam is $64.99 CAD. Actually cheaper then the US version with conversion.

Teeth

Ah I see, weird. Looks like I need to get enhanced steam.
Seeing those upcoming games at $69.99 scares the shit out of me though.

There's always GreenManGaming and Humble Store (and Gamersgate, Amazon.com, and a multitude of others). Due diligence and a bit of clicks will determine where best to spend your money.

Hanzou

Any Canadians figure out the conversion rate on the dollar for the steam wallet? I had some cards selling in the store so I am not 100% sure what my account was at before it flipped to CDN but it looks around 11.6% increase.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enslaved -- MB-FC619007F3489A0F - Taken by Shadownet. 28 entrants total.

t1412737418z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom