• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm quite confused about this conversation.

I think the people trying to distinguish between "Family Sharing" and "Library Sharing" are confused and thinking about "Family View," which has nothing to do with the former two (which are one and the same).

Family (Library) Sharing:

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

Family View (Parental Control):

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5149-EOPC-9918

Unless they're trying to drag the console sharing plans into this that's all I can come up with.

onionfrog

I'll probably just end up getting all of them while they are cheap. AC4 has been on my wishlist since the start.

I restarted steam, looks like it is going through maintenance.

The Ezio Trilogy is the best (2, Revelations, Brotherhood) IMO.

1 is Mediocre, 3 was complete shit. Have yet to play 4.
Thanks guys.
I think I'm gonna buy everything except 4. Since I'm sure 4 will be cheaper by the time I get around to playing it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I think the people trying to distinguish between "Family Share" and "Library Share" are confused and mean "Family View," which has nothing to do with the former (which are one and the same).

This is... even worse!

All you people are on drugs.

Levyne

Banned
Did he own the game on his own account or was it f2p? That's pretty much the only way you could both be playing the same game at the same time.

You can.
Once you actually start something, it'll give the other guy a warning and a set time before it kicks him out.

Both on my account, I was playing either Dark Souls 2 or Shadow of Mordor, I forget, he was playing Eliminage Gothic.

Grief.exe

Surprised that I was able to run Alien: Isolation maxxed, 60fps, and 1080p on my PC.

Specs:
Phenom II x4 940 (clocked at 3.4ghz)
Geforce GTX 650 Ti Boost (2gb VRAM)
4gb of RAM (clocked at 1066)
Win 7 64

Kinda gives me hope for running The Evil Within decently, despite the recommended system req.

FPS is likely capped at 30, so the game will be easier to run at maximum settings and/or higher resolutions.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, this defeats the entire purpose of Family Sharing.
You are constantly using your account?

2K15 is a 41GB download...

my god.
Looks pretty good though.

15285360469_9a29bd0905_o_d.jpg

r3n4ud

Humble keys

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AquaNox -- MB-F6D0F9D469A5FB32 - Taken by darkchewie
AquaNox 2 -- MB-3560C427EDC849E6 - Taken by doctorcdcs

So of course Lost Planet 3 kicks you back to the main menu if you get disconnected from Steam while in singleplayer.

Makes perfect fucking sense.

Miguel81

Possible Final Fantasy Type 0, TEW at 30, and an Enslaved raffle -- good to know. RE4 at 30fps has been a nauseating experience, so I don't know what I'll be expecting from TEW. Anyway, it's time to test out the audio on Alien Isolation -- I'm lookin' for some scares right about now.

So, given the whole PC debacle going on with TEW... anybody still getting it?

I'm holding off on it until I hear some impressions from people with specs similar to mine, the more I hear about the PC port the more worried I get. I'm not hurting for games to play at the moment so waiting is fine by me.

I'm holding off on it until I hear some impressions from people with specs similar to mine, the more I hear about the PC port the more worried I get. I'm not hurting for games to play at the moment so waiting is fine by me.

I was going to buy it on launch (I'm okay with 30fps, but as an option) but given Bethesda's bullshit I'll probably wait until we get the whole truth.

Hanzou

I'm canadian and we just got hosed on Steam prices. I can say for sure that I will spend less.

Heh

No we didn't. Most games went up around 10%, maybe a little more. Right now the exchange rate is at about a 11.8% markup. Add on the "conversion charge" that most credit cards charge for buying goods and america dollars a $60 USD game yesterday was actually costing us probably closer to $68. Go check enhanced steam, even just accounting for the straight up market exchange rate some games are a little bit cheaper in Canada now.

iosefe

Possible Final Fantasy Type 0, TEW at 30, and an Enslaved raffle -- good to know. RE4 at 30fps has been a nauseating experience, so I don't know what I'll be expecting from TEW. Anyway, it's time to test out the audio on Alien Isolation -- I'm lookin' for some scares right about now.
Give us impressions

Jawmuncher

I'll be cancelling my pre-order very shortly.

I just can't go that far.
Shinji Mikami's return to horror and him not being responsible for the port means i'll cut some slack. Also we don't know if the game is hardcoded to 30FPS. Since if it is then it'll make sense. REmake is 30FPS locked to since the game will speed up if 60FPS.

Shinji Mikami's return to horror and him not being responsible for the port means i'll cut some slack. Also we don't know if the game is hardcoded to 30FPS. Since if it is then it'll make sense. REmake is 30FPS locked to since the game will speed up if 60FPS.

Same here. I hate what Bethesda did, but I can't cancel my preorder based on that. Mikami deserves more.

I'll be cancelling my pre-order very shortly.
A shame really, all Bethesda had to do was say something and people wouldn't have a need to be worried.

I think RAGE and Wolf can be unlocked, but it fucks up the games pretty badly I think. I wonder if 30 -> 60 would break it as well?

I'm still probably getting it but it might not be until post release so that I get impressions.

Pakkidis

I keep hearing that the credit card converts us to canada prices. So I checked online and found:

BMO mastercard

Conveniently pay for U.S. purchases in U.S. dollars

Shop with no exchange rate surprises.

I don't recall my credit card doing that conversion. So I do think I'm getting screwed now.

I was going to buy it on launch (I'm okay with 30fps, but as an option) but given Bethesda's bullshit I'll probably wait until we get the whole truth.

Yeah same with me, even if everything turns out fine, I don't want to reward a company that has engaged in bullshittery about the PC version since day one and still hasn't clarified any of the real issues and questions people still have.

If some companies would spend half as much time developing a proper PC port as they do deceiving people about their shitty PC port, we wouldn't have this problem. But alas, time will tell, not going to presume either way.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So, the size of FFXIII on the Steam page (in the requirements) got bumped from 30GB to 60GB.

Ohhh uncompressed CGI cutscene goodness lol. No pre-load means its gonna take me like 10 years to download though.

Yeah...I'm not going to even bother with playing this at launch.

I'll just leave this here ;)

Poor Vita.

OG Shadowrun Returns 14 kr

EDIT: Most Batman games (including LEGO) < 20 kr

KENTUCKY ROUTE ZERO 23 KR!!

Long Live The Queen 7kr

LEGO Marvel and LEGO LOTR 20kr, LEGO Hobbit 28 kr

Legend of Grimrock 11 kr

Tomb Raider 20kr

That's every price mistake on my wishlist... Now if only I was Norwegian :(

Lucky Norwegians :(

Yep, it's in the settings.

Settings > Downloads > Allow downloads during gameplay

I meant the bit where as an example on Origin you can download the first 2GB of FIFA 15 and play a certain section of it while it downloads the rest. I wanted to know if Steam did that and I just didn't own any games that supported it or missed it! I would have assumed NBA 2k15 would have had it though cause I would have loved to play a match with some teams while waiting for that 40GB to download :lol

He means play the current game downloading and it doesn't. It should, not sure why valve is slow with that feature. Blizzard games had it for a while.

Thank you! It has to be soon if even EA is doing it :lol I only use Origin for FIFA so only noticed a week ago!

I meant the bit where as an example on Origin you can download the first 2GB of FIFA 15 and play a certain section of it while it downloads the rest. I wanted to know if Steam did that and I just didn't own any games that supported it or missed it! I would have assumed NBA 2k15 would have had it though cause I would have loved to play a match with some teams while waiting for that 40GB to download :lol

Thank you! It has to be soon if even EA is doing it :lol I only use Origin for FIFA so only noticed a week ago!

Oh, my bad. I misunderstood. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom