• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Games I would buy from somebody with over 80% discount in kr:

Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy VII (except I already have it)
Final Fantasy VIII
Van Helsing 2
Volgarr the Viking
Nuclear Throne

Other games with 80% discount:

Batman Arkham Origins
Shadow Warrior
Evochron Mercenary

Pakkidis

I was wise to go crazy during the summer sale. I knew the Canadian price would hurt us.

Question. Will the prices change if the Canadian dollar matches the US dollar or is that just wishful thinking?

Buzzbrad

I was wise to go crazy during the summer sale. I knew the Canadian price would hurt us.

Question. Will the prices change if the Canadian dollar matches the US dollar or is that just wishful thinking?

It has happened before, so I would hope so. Though I don't believe our dollar will match the US dollar for quite some time.

Teeth

It appears Capcom loves Canadians. Everything is in the same price as the American store but in Canadian dollars. Thanks for the 10% discount from your laziness Capcom!

Also, back catalog Ubisoft titles appear to be equivalent price too. Not the new stuff though.

Shade

Any Canadians figure out the conversion rate on the dollar for the steam wallet? I had some cards selling in the store so I am not 100% sure what my account was at before it flipped to CDN but it looks around 11.6% increase.

As per the message on Steam

Canadian accounts with Steam Wallets in USD have automatically been converted to Canadian Dollars, at a conversion rate dictated by market value at the time of conversion.

I believe it's at 1 USD = 1.11637 CAD currently

Shadownet

Banned
Is it the new Shadow Warrior? or the original one?

If it is the new one. If someone can help me get that and Final Fantasy VIII for me I would appreciate it!

Pakkidis

Did Valve give a reason why they introduced Canadian prices? Did they have to comply with law?

Why ruin a good thing Valve.

r3n4ud

I was just about to pull the trigger on AC3, and then it disappeared... wtf?

Price hasn't converted to CAD yet, I guess.

So40pmS.png

derExperte

Games I would buy from somebody with over 80% discount in kr:

Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy VII (except I already have it)
Final Fantasy VIII
Van Helsing 2
Volgarr the Viking
Nuclear Throne

Other games with 80% discount:

Batman Arkham Origins
Shadow Warrior
Evochron Mercenary

Has anyone managed to actually get those prices? Because see my posts, when I got to the checkout they changeg.

Surprised that I was able to run Alien: Isolation maxxed, 60fps, and 1080p on my PC.

Specs:
Phenom II x4 940 (clocked at 3.4ghz)
Geforce GTX 650 Ti Boost (2gb VRAM)
4gb of RAM (clocked at 1066)
Win 7 64

Kinda gives me hope for running The Evil Within decently, despite the recommended system req.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Has anyone managed to actually get those prices? Because see my posts, when I got to the checkout they changeg.

I'm just listing the games that are on my wishlist that have pricing mistakes. If you can actually buy them at that price, I don't know.. :D

BTW, those are the ones. I can't bother to search for more. :D

mrgone

At least they don't appear to be charging tax yet, but I wouldn't doubt that at least GST will be there eventually.

Based on publisher's set prices in places like Australia I don't see them adjusting it down again unless there's a total flip and the Canadian dollar's at better than parity for a significant length of time.

Stay strong, 3rd party sellers.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
You're definitely not supposed to be able to play games at the same time with family sharing. I thought it only kicked other people off when you were playing a game, and not just logged in.

I'm sure that can be worked around by putting your account in offline mode.

Sarcasm

You're definitely not supposed to be able to play games at the same time with family sharing. I thought it only kicked other people off when you were playing a game, and not just logged in.

I'm sure that can be worked around by putting your account in offline mode.

Are you trying to Game share? Cause Family Share =/= Library Share

Thanks to the C$ conversion, at least I won't have to worry about spending too on Steam now. Humble and GMG will almost certainly be offering better deals...

Faabulous

So, I've decided to try this home streaming thing with Dark Souls 2. It runs fine, but for some reason it doesn't recognize any of the DLC when I stream it to my laptop. Weird as fuck yo

Anyone has the same problem?

Levyne

Banned
How does playing two games at the same time on the same account on different computers work? I thought it worked like family share but learned my brother was playing something on my account at the same time I was. Thought it was weird.

How does playing two games at the same time on the same account on different computers work? I thought it worked like family share but learned my brother was playing something on my account at the same time I was. Thought it was weird.

Yeah, this defeats the entire purpose of Family Sharing.

Turfster

Did he own the game on his own account or was it f2p? That's pretty much the only way you could both be playing the same game at the same time.

(I don't know if you can be logged in).
You can.
Once you actually start something, it'll give the other guy a warning and a set time before it kicks him out.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I'm quite confused about this conversation.

What does "game library share" mean? That's a different thing than Family Share?

Family Share is the service that Valve provides that allow you to share some games of your account with somebody else's account, and they'll be able to play the games while you're not playing any games (I don't know if you can be logged in).

I don't know what "game library share" means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom