• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I liked both Act 1 and 2 of Broken Age, their puzzles were 80s/90s PnC fare, if the game were released back then their puzzles would be hailed about as much as the finger puzzle in Monkey Island 2.

Disappointing why? There are many more 'classic' puzzles in Act 2 which is why I thought it's an improvement even though some are too fiddly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad game, and I'm not sure I can explain it even to myself, it just felt underwhelming and somewhat disappointing. Maybe it looked too childish for me or something, I really don't know.
When I think about it, I have exactly the same problem with Costume Quest, there is nothing wrong with this game that I can put my finger on, but there is something wrong with it, as in I have no desire to play it any further.

that didn't make much sense, I know

btw, so how's Dropsy?

as for Technobabylon, yeah, still too expensive for me, I would $5 it.

edited: I probably felt it's not interesting enough, Broken Age I mean, the same goes for Costume Quest, that has to be it.

Tenrius

I should probably finish Grim Fandango. Stopped at the start of the third year
at the bottom of the sea
. This is also where I stopped when I played the original version years ago haha.

I should probably finish Grim Fandango. Stopped at the start of the third year
at the bottom of the sea
. This is also where I stopped when I played the original version years ago haha.

still think they goofed by not adding a hint system. should be a requirement in all 90's adventure game remasters.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for PunishedSnake:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PunishedSnake, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1hFaqwB.png
KillStrain Beta PSN EU -- MB-B2E8CFBDF9F38A80 - Taken by lukiluk

Also Nux is free on Indiegala.

Tizoc

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad game, and I'm not sure I can explain it even to myself, it just felt underwhelming and somewhat disappointing. Maybe it looked too childish for me or something, I really don't know.
When I think about it, I have exactly the same problem with Costume Quest, there is nothing wrong with this game that I can put my finger on, but there is something wrong with it, as in I have no desire to play it any further.

that didn't make much sense, I know

btw, so how's Dropsy?

as for Technobabylon, yeah, still too expensive for me, I would $5 it.

edited: I probably felt it's not interesting enough, Broken Age I mean, the same goes for Costume Quest, that has to be it.

Fair enough but Techobabylon is well worth the $9 price. I got it day 1 and it was well worth the price :3

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Deus Ex Mankind Divided Shutting Down Augment Your Pre-Order

At both Square Enix and Eidos-Montréal, we’ve been listening to everything you’ve had to say about the Augment Your Pre-Order program. When it was first conceived, we wanted the program to give you more choice about what you received in terms of pre-order incentives - because we've seen in the past that when we choose those packages ourselves, and split them across regions, it has caused frustration. We quickly noticed that this approach created even more frustration than before, resulting in a resounding amount of negative feedback.

We’ve spent a lot of time reading through all of your comments, working to understand how we can try to make things right for you. After much thought and reflection, we decided to close down the program and make all of the incentive content available to anyone who pre-orders Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or purchases a Day 1 edition of the game. Additionally, the release date will no longer be changed in accordance with pre-order numbers, and everyone will gain access to the game on February 23rd, 2016.

Your feedback and input is of the utmost importance to us-- as it’s your loyalty and passion for our franchises that gives us the opportunity to continue providing you with great gaming experiences.

To our faithful fans who’ve already pre-ordered: we will be taking care of everything necessary to ensure that all of the changes to the program will be automatically applied to your purchase. Meanwhile, we'd like to thank everybody for their feedback - we know this wouldn't have happened with a game that nobody cared about, and we're just focusing now on delivering a game that lives up to your hopes and expectations.

Thanks for your support!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Paranormal State Poison Spring -- MB-002AD9BE45D2A0DD - Taken by gurm3n
Stranded in Time -- MB-693CDAED182CC52E - Taken by Milamber
Fort Defense -- MB-A30A0A64FBCF826F - Taken by Purkake4

Arthea

Oh gods, 48% at Zestiria's 3rd reward.

We'll never get it.

I assume they adjusted reqs somewhat but too late too little, it picked some speed this week, hopefully close to release buying spike will be enough, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

Corpekata

Banned
There's no way they way it won't meet the goal. It's been artificially inflated anyway. They aren't going to launch the debut of the series on Steam under a cloud of "Guess people don't want the series THAT much" and deal with angry forum and review posts about the lack of Symphonia.

Milamber

I assume they adjusted reqs somewhat but too late too little, it picked some speed this week, hopefully close to release buying spike will be enough, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

Well I hope they adjust the requirements lower again.

Why do you hate anime games America?

Arthea

There's no way they way it won't meet the goal. It's been artificially inflated anyway. They aren't going to launch the debut of the series on Steam under a cloud of "Guess people don't want the series THAT much" and deal with angry forum and review posts about the lack of Symphonia.

That's what I hope for, but Bamco often acts so illogically that it's no way 100% sure thing.

Milamber

I prefer thinking them to be acting in good faith.

Is this the first time a second full game is offered as a pre-purchase reward? If so, I am all for this type of pre-order.

When it succeeds of course.

Ryne

I'm thinking about a future ... Zestiria will fail at 99% and everyone started to refund ...

Chairmanchuck has nothing to worry about, I won't refund that gift.

My own copy, I think I'll still keep. Hope Symphonia doesn't have a high price if we do miss the goal.

Symphonia will be 30 FPS too probably, but I don't care, gimmie RPGs

fertygo

does we really want symphonia anyway.. I'm really fine Zesty being 30fps and aside that port seem good too.. but Symphonia HD port seem like a mess, always being the case since released for console.. doubt anything change much.

I can deal getting it separately down the road

Arthea

It happens all the time. Usually it's a game that's already on PC, though. Like MGSV, GTAV.

not really, it never happened with a game that's not released and haven't been about for quite a while to the point that everybody has it.
Wait, that doesn't apply to MGSV. Ok, it has happened once. But it wasn't in the unlockable tier, was it?

does we really want symphonia anyway.. I'm really fine Zesty being 30fps and aside that port seem good too.. but Symphonia HD port seem like a mess, always being the case since released..

I can deal getting it separately

50€ for one Tales game is quite ridiculous, while for two it is not that bad of a deal, so yeah, we definitely want it, if ToS won't unlock, it will be the very first refund disaster on steam, mark my words.

Vesperia is really the only one i care for, the rest i can take or leave. So hopefully they bring it over but base it on the 360 version to upset the fanbase

Eila

does we really want symphonia anyway.. I'm really fine Zesty being 30fps and aside that port seem good too.. but Symphonia HD port seem like a mess, always being the case since released for console.. doubt anything change much.

I can deal getting it separately down the road

30 fps battles for Symphonia sucks, but there was content new to the PS2 version that was 30 fps, which is what they ported to PS3 and now PC.

a game with rats that's not Bad Rats

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Beta -- MB-49C5C96FADD08664 - Taken by Sarcasm

Milamber

I enjoyed my time with Legendia but Phantasia was my first and best one. Didn't play Symphonia and I'm looking forward to Zestiria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom