• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
aFdY6Ub.png

Get your Steam wallets ready!

I've fallen out with Tales games to the point that I don't think I really care for the series. I liked ToS a lot but I think if I go back to it now I probably wouldn't like it as much.

I like individual characters from Tales games, not the games themselves most of the time.

Milamber

I thought you liked me dirty :,(
(Cleaning session is probably in order)

Who cleans computer tables anyway.

My keyboard got lots of bits of shaved nubs from gundam models trapped between the keys. My speaker area behind my monitor has layers of dust with clean streaks here and there from the mouse cable running across it. The top of my monitor has such a layer of dust on it that when I shake it a bit, dust falls down from it like a snow effect. My mouse pad surface is probably the only clean thing on my table as I regularly wash it.

I tried to play Abyss and didn't like it. I have been wary every since.

Symphonia and Vesperia are the only inarguably good ones and Vesperia has a better PS3 version that never came to the west. Symphonia has a 60 fps version but we only get the 30 fps version these days.

so it's like we're cursed to never get the best versions of the best games in the franchise. i admire that fanbase's dedication to remind bamco what a bunch of fuckups they are regarding these things, though. Vesperia PS3 haunts them to this day

fertygo

50€ for one Tales game is quite ridiculous, while for two it is not that bad of a deal, so yeah, we definitely want it, if ToS won't unlock, it will be the very first refund disaster on steam, mark my words.

Zesty is a new game, not like those few year late port.. expecting it came cheap is crazy, I'll cringe so hard if such outrage that you describe happened.

I'm not gonna mad if pubs think that's sign we not welcoming day 1 of JRPG localized port then.

Tizoc

Put a few minutes in Armikrog. dat intro is great! However, the game doesn't have its own unique sylized cursor; it uses your PC or laptop's mouse cursor instead!
the claymation is fantastic though and the entire setting of the game is pretty much you exploring and interacting with stuff to progress.
Subtitles could be bigger font though.

So far from what little I played the main issues are:
Subs need to be bigger
Needs its own stylized mouse

Other than that it runs fine, I mean heck there's not much to video options, but that doesn't bother me since I like playing Wadjet Eye games :p

What about Vespiria for PC!

help, computer won't start up. I pushed F1, but it's just stuck there. When I tried yo restart and get into the boot menu I only got into a black screen. What is going on
My PC got stuck recently at the exact same spot. Turns out my DVD-Drive died and somehow led to that. Opened up the case, unplugged SATA cable to it and bam, PC worked flawless again. Started up even faster!
I have a math test today bros & sis, pray for me.
You'll be in my prayers. Best of success Prinny :)
  • Community Market
  • Game Hubs
  • Discussions
  • .....aaaand Broadcasts !
Sadly no group chat stil ( ._.)

Annubis

50€ for one Tales game is quite ridiculous, while for two it is not that bad of a deal, so yeah, we definitely want it, if ToS won't unlock, it will be the very first refund disaster on steam, mark my words.

I guess it's Europe getting screwed (like always) because here in Canada it's 55 $CAN.
Considering that Xillia 2 was 70$ at release here, I'm getting the game at a great price.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Are people aware that Raven's Cry is in "re-development"? Well, been since March, apparently. "Enhanced Edition" edition should be out this October. There is some bits and pieces in steam discussion page, what's is done, atleast: english voice overs redone, free sailing added, ofc bugs and glitches should be fixed, X1 version cancelled, PS4 still on its way. Developer says that Reality Pump have invested significant amount of their money on it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TW_Raidor/posthistory/?p=1

the Tales game regularly go on sale on PSN and by sale i mean you can pick them up for like $10 within a year of release. It's the reason i'm in no rush to pick up Zesteria, these games do not hold their prices for long

Arthea

Zesty is a new game, not like those few year late port.. expecting it came cheap is crazy, I'll cringe so hard if such outrage that you describe happened.

I'm not gonna mad if pubs think that's sign we not welcoming day 1 of JRPG localized port then.

They could have easily avoided that by not doing tiered preoder and offering prepurchase discount instead,but they went for maximum sales offering two (new for steam) games instead of one, but locking it behind the counter.
You reap what you sow

Hektor

Are people aware that Raven's Cry is in "re-development"? Well, been since March, apparently. "Enhanced Edition" edition should be out this October. There is some bits and pieces in steam discussion page, what's is done, atleast: english voice overs redone, free sailing added, ofc bugs and glitches should be fixed, X1 version cancelled, PS4 still on its way. Developer says that Reality Pump have invested significant amount of their money on it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TW_Raidor/posthistory/?p=1

I've seen gameplay videos of the original release. They should invest that money elsewhere. That ship has already sunk.

Ban Puncher

does we really want symphonia anyway.. I'm really fine Zesty being 30fps and aside that port seem good too.. but Symphonia HD port seem like a mess, always being the case since released for console.. doubt anything change much.

I can deal getting it separately down the road

Eff Symphonia.

Phantasia 4 life.

DeJap translation.

Buraindo

yeah

i like yen, but triss been around for three games, so at this point it's hard to see geralt with anybody else

They should've introduced Yennefer earlier in the series for this very reason.
The games also don't really show the more uh, questionable aspects of Triss' character, which is a shame.

So I did get codes for R6 Siege and The Division, but the emails were broken and the codes hidden. It's like you're not even trying anymore Ubi.

zkylon

zkylewd
They should've introduced Yennefer earlier in the series for this very reason.
The games also don't really show the more uh, questionable aspects of Triss' character, which is a shame.
yeah, i don't know much about witcha lore outside of that that is in the games but that sounds cool, actually

and yea i think yen should've gotten a bit more screentime so it doesn't feel like it's all about triss and then suddenly you're supposed to be crazy about this other woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom