• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

RTTP: Torchlight II

Man what a great game to kill time; playing my berserker just shredding my way through enemy after enemy. I found my very first legendary item yesterday: The Rules of the Game!

I wish more people played this online. It's fun alone, but much more fun to play with other people.

What are some other good games similar to Torchlight?

Diablo 3

and the first Van Helsing (although some "final" version is coming out soon for that)

Maniac

Banned
hCxgtgH.png

good riddance hideo

Good. It's trash.

chronomac

As a third party observer I can provide my in-depth analysis. Both of you are really silly and wrong. Happy to clarify that for you!

Great, 50 features I don't care about.

I'd really rather they fix the memory leak (and no, I'm not talking about the xbox thing. An actual system-level leak not associated to any process).

I just want to be able to completely disable Cortana without getting rid of the search bar at the bottom. When I go to Task Manager she's always there, taunting me.

Thinking of buying the Max Payne Franchise and the GTA Complete Pack from Nuuvem. The keys aren't locked are they? Also, does the GTA Pack include 1 and 2?

Kiru

Thinking of buying the Max Payne Franchise and the GTA Complete Pack from Nuuvem. The keys aren't locked are they? Also, does the GTA Pack include 1 and 2?

At one time it did include GTA 1&2, but you can never be 100% sure for each new sale period.

Arthea

As a third party observer I can provide my in-depth analysis. Both of you are really silly and wrong. Happy to clarify that for you!

Holy Invasion of privacy, Durante! What did I do to deserve this?
I like all Atelier games, I like M&M too... almost all games. Why would say this?

I tried my fair share of JRPGs back in the 90/00s when the genre was getting lots of exposure in the west including some which are now considered classics. Didn't become a fan then and none of the recent crop looks half as interesting as those so why should I bother? I mean one glance at the Zestiria store page tells me that I absolutely do not want to spend time in that world with those generic as fuck designed characters and that was before I watched the videos full of horrid voice acting and dialogue. 'But the gameplay.' No, I can not deal with this amount of aggressive Japanese blandness for 50hrs, I just can't, rubs me the wrong way hard.

Your choice, of course

aggressive Japanese blandness? That's something new

FloatOn

in other news I'm pretty sure Ori has broke me. it's very satisfying making progress in that game but there is just little to no joy in precision platforming for me.

same reason why I couldn't take more than 4 hours of super meat boy. I guess I'm just a wuss when it comes to this kind of thing.

shame too because the game is beautiful

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (LamerDeluxe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Krautscape -- MB-4A3BE5548682AA90 - Taken by SalsaShark. 22 entrants total.

t1444684210z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
anyone know about the game's cloud saves? safe? i'll just install back when MGO hits

Yes.

0/path: /The Witcher 3/gamesaves/
0/pattern: *
0/platforms/1: Windows
0/root: WinMyDocuments

Edit: Oops, I misread Metal Gear as "the game" and thought you were talking about TW3. The answer is still "Yes", though. You may have to copy the saves from Steam\userdata\[account id]\311340 to Steam\userdata\[account id]\287700.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
No fighting, kids!

in other news I'm pretty sure Ori has broke me. it's very satisfying making progress in that game but there is just little to no joy in precision platforming for me.

same reason why I couldn't take more than 4 hours of super meat boy. I guess I'm just a wuss when it comes to this kind of thing.

shame too because the game is beautiful
I'm the same way with precision platforming. I find it really unfun and just an exercise in frustration. I didn't like VVVVVV much because of it.

Hektor

I'm saying it's weird people call the game trash and downplaying its most important aspect.

I can understand that some people are disappointed because they were fans of the weird bullshitty yet fun story that MG was known for, but the hyperbole regarding the gameplay really took me by surprise.

derExperte

If you install this build of the Windows 10 Insider Preview on a PC and it doesn't automatically activate, you can enter the product key from Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 used to activate the prior Windows version on the same device to activate Windows 10 by going to Settings > Update & security > Activation and selecting Change Product Key. If you do a clean install of Windows 10 by booting off the media, you can also enter the product key from prior Windows versions on qualifying devices during setup. Refer to the Insider Hub for more information on these activation improvements including requirements.

That's great and should've worked that way from the start.

Toybox Turbos $3.74 , its like the old micromachines games, not really that good imo but its very decent:

Completed that earlier today in one sitting, only missing a few stars in the last cups. So the main problem is obviously that's it's too easy and thus too short, with the last race being too hard and mostly luck. Alright for the price but I expected something more entertaining. If someone wants to play a few rounds online....

Anteater

RTTP: Torchlight II

Man what a great game to kill time; playing my berserker just shredding my way through enemy after enemy. I found my very first legendary item yesterday: The Rules of the Game!

I wish more people played this online. It's fun alone, but much more fun to play with other people.

What are some other good games similar to Torchlight?

i thought borderlands was similar

Traded in my original XB1 controller for a Halo 5 Master Chief one.

The new bumpers are a god send. They made an amazing controller perfect to me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom