• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
This is maybe the 3rd or 4th time it's happened so I'm pretty sure it's a trend: Steam updates apparently keep all my old nicknames, but delete recent nickname(s). I've had to fix it several times, and sometimes it also resets the game library layout (list view / detail view etc.)

Deactivated all notifications in the client, so now chat messages are not shown in-game but group announcements still pop up. It's aggravating.

Is the only way to make them as well stop showing to outright disable Steam Overlay? Will I still be able to take screenshots without it?

Anime

No but seriously I play things like binding of Isaac, europa universalis or tf2 (But mostly I watch SoL anime)
Hm, haven't watched anything on about two years. Totally out of the loop on anime. Have to ask around what is good.
Something like Just Cause 2 or SR3 where it's really easy to jump into and play, and you can have lots of fun messing around in the world. Super Mario Galaxy has also never failed to put a smile on my face.
Just Cause 2 might be the right thing.
I hope you feel better soon~ *hugs*
:') thanks

Dice is the last company you can criticize for dlc practices. For 50 dollars(or less on sale, and why not wait if you aren't sure you'll play them) you get enough extra content to fill an expansion or two. BF4 got 20 new maps, crazy!

It's not like their games launch with a low amount of maps for the genre either.

Hektor

bioshock aged well

it's a 8 year old game

I am Hektor Hernandez, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the games he bought? 'No!' says the man from Microsoft, 'It belongs to GfWl' 'No!' says the man from EA, 'It belongs to Origin.' 'No!' says the man from Ubisoft, 'It belongs to Uplay.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... DESURA.

Dice is the last company you can criticize for dlc practices. For 50 dollars(or less on sale, and why not wait if you aren't sure you'll play them) you get enough extra content to fill an expansion or two. BF4 got 20 new maps, crazy!

It's not like their games launch with a low amount of maps for the genre either.

I've gotten enough enjoyment out of the beta to day one purchase the base game. It looks as though there's plenty to do at release anyways. I'm going to take a wait and see approach on the season pass. If I'm still having fun with it when the season pass stuff drops I'll consider getting it then.

Grief.exe

I'd imagine they are immensely profitable from EA's perspective. Essentially double the cost of the game for early adopters, to what amounts to an interest free loan.

EA is free to deploy the majority of the team to the next game, while a small team creates lucrative maps for their existing game.

The profit margins are probably through the roof.

No one is forcing you to buy the passes before the content actually launches, and everything can be had individually. I'm sure it is a nice deal for EA though, but they've been around for a while and loan or not you do get a nice chunk of game for it.

This thread has moved me to finally play Minerva's Den. So far it is okay.

Still dealing with AssCreed III. I have decided to 100% it. I am not sure why; only Revelations is worse.

Dr Dogg

When you compare BF Premium to COD map packs (£40 Premium for 20 maps, 20 new weapons and a couple new modes plus the added community stuff and the free Night Ops stuff plus more to 3 maps per pack plus 1 for the coop mode for £15 a piece four times over) then it's a better package. But you're fucking nuts to pay full whack unless you really, really dig the game as by the time all the content is released it's usually had a discount or 2 and upon everything being released the bundle with the base game drops to £40 (happened to BF3 and 4 and Hardline could be had for £60ish recently). Of course we've all got our price of entry but history gives you a good indication when you might want to jump in.

Monooboe

When you compare BF Premium to COD map packs (£40 Premium for 20 maps, 20 new weapons and a couple new modes plus the added community stuff and the free Night Ops stuff plus more to 3 maps per pack plus 1 for the coop mode for £15 a piece four times over) then it's a better package. But you're fucking nuts to pay full whack unless you really, really dig the game as by the time all the content is released it's usually had a discount or 2 and upon everything being released the bundle with the base game drops to £40 (happened to BF3 and 4 and Hardline could be had for £60ish recently). Of course we've all got our price of entry but history gives you a good indication when you might want to jump in.

Yeah I've always bought the Premium pack on a sale, if one preorders the main game the first DLC is often included, so by the time the second DLC pack is about to come the Premium has been one sale.

I never buy season passes at launch for that reason, just don't think Dice is evil for offering the option for silly people :p(ie, the people who pre-ordered the Binding of Isaac dlc a month before it will launch)

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of LamerDeluxe, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (LamerDeluxe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Krautscape -- MB-4A3BE5548682AA90 - Taken by SalsaShark. 22 entrants total.

t1444684210z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Minecraft meets Kill Bill in Paint the Town Red

Paint the Town Red might share Minecraft's blocky aesthetic, but it actually has more in common with that scene from Kill Bill - you know, the one where The Bride murders everyone.

Paint the Town Red a first-person voxel brawler that lets you use anything in the environment to inflict damage on the fully destructible character models. Heads can be caved in with a punch, bodies can be booted through wooden railings, people can be splatted by some sort of satellite cannon, limbs can be detached - it looks like sadistic fun.

You can dynamically slice, dismember and ragdoll your enemies across six different locations and time periods, including desperate bar fights, shiny disco brawls, old west saloon scraps, frat house fisticuffs and more.

Paint the Town Red enters Steam Early Access tomorrow. You can check out the madcap release trailer here

aww man I didn't know Life is Strange ep 5 was next week, I thought it was this week which is why I started playing it. Gotta slow my roll, I'll play 3 + 4 during the weekend instead

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
XSEED is holding an event in 2 days time, or at least within this month.
Really hope they can get more Falcom PC games on Steam-
I really want Xanadu Next out of those, ever since Tom linked some gameplay on here in one of the XSEED PC port threads.

Brandish would be nice, too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
aww man I didn't know Life is Strange ep 5 was next week, I thought it was this week which is why I started playing it. Gotta slow my roll, I'll play 3 + 4 during the weekend instead

Just play them all as fast as possible while jumping on the hype train like the rest of us

AHA-Lambda

Heh, my other Transformers order from Tesco got cancelled and now it's not on their site. I really am starting to think this is impossible and will need to wait for a Steam sale :(

Dammit, Rocket League. How can I say no with this upcoming DLC?

trailer

spoiler:

Damn, ok, now I need to get Rocket League ._.

Tizoc

I really want Xanadu Next out of those, ever since Tom linked some gameplay on here in one of the XSEED PC port threads.

Brandish would be nice, too.

XSEED registered Xanadu Next earlier this year.
Brandish PSP is fantastic, already one of my GotY 2015 contenders.
If they can somehow be allowed to pt that on Steam it'd be great.
Then the west can finally discover the greatness that is
iNu5Ovo.jpg

BRANDISH 2 THE PLANET BUSTER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN82Z6R1huw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5GTKe1FZ5I

Warning: Trailers are not for bitches.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ooh while you're here in case you haven't guessed I'm nabbing AssCreed Syndicate as a recommendation for next months OT

Awesome, looking forward to your thoughts

Knurek

Lovely, having DualShock 4 connected under Windows 10 disables Sleep mode.

Spend the better part of an hour just trying to figure out why my monitor didn't power off when idle, disabled just about every HID device, and finally gotten it to work when, on a lark, I disconnected DS4.

It's almost like MS goes out of their way to make life miserable for people using Sony's products. :\

KarmaCow

What are the chances of Rocket League hitting ~$10 in the winter sale, pretty much zero? I have about $12.50 of GMG credit to use up before November and nothing looks appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom