• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

XSEED registered Xanadu Next earlier this year.
Brandish PSP is fantastic, already one of my GotY 2015 contenders.
If they can somehow be allowed to pt that on Steam it'd be great.
Then the west can finally discover the greatness that is
iNu5Ovo.jpg

BRANDISH 2 THE PLANET BUSTER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN82Z6R1huw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5GTKe1FZ5I

Warning: Trailers are not for bitches.

I finished Brandish after pouring sweat, tears and blood into it but I'm scared of Planet Buster =(
I'm totally a bitch.

ArjanN

XSEED is holding an event in 2 days time, or at least within this month.
Really hope they can get more Falcom PC games on Steam-

While I'm all for that, they still need to get Tits:SC and Corpse Party out on PC.

Maybe they'll make Halloween for Corpse Party, would make sense thematically I guess.

Uzzy

Guess I'll stake a claim to the Football Manager 2016 preview next month then. Need some time to get my puns ready.

fantomena

Im here tommorrow for Tales of Zestiria assistance.

It's 340 nok (Norwegian kroners) aka 42$/37euro right now according to Google.

Contant me on PM.

Anteater

RENOUNCE, WHAT MADE YOU WORDS THAT KILL., WOULD YOU SPEAK THEM TO ME.

WITH YOUR BREATH SO STILL, IT MAKES ME BELIEVE

THE SINS NEVER DIE, CAN'T WASH THIS BLOOD OFF OUR HANDS

LET THE WORLD FEAR US ALL, IT'S JUST MEANS TO AN END

THIS SONG IS REALLY COOL

Vamphuntr

RENOUNCE, WHAT MADE YOU WORDS THAT KILL., WOULD YOU SPEAK THEM TO ME.

WITH YOUR BREATH SO STILL, IT MAKES ME BELIEVE

THE SINS NEVER DIE, CAN'T WASH THIS BLOOD OFF OUR HANDS

LET THE WORLD FEAR US ALL, IT'S JUST MEANS TO AN END

THIS SONG IS REALLY COOL

The part where it plays is so anticlimactic though.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Ubisoft offers refunds, free games after 'deceptive marketing'

Also an obnoxious non-apology

Promotional materials for Ubisoft's recently released Might & Magic Heroes VII promised a physical, disc copy of the game would be included with the $100 limited edition, as documented in detail on Imgur.

As it turns out, the big box doesn't even contain a download code for the game, but rather required buyers (at least ones in the United States) to contact Ubisoft to add the game to their Uplay accounts.

In response, Ubisoft has owned up, and is offering complete refunds for upset players and a free game (digital, PC) as way of apology. The offering includes: Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Rogue, The Crew, Toy Soldiers: War Chest Hall of Fame Edition, and Zombi.

The company also did a statement non-apology, saying, "Ubisoft regrets any confusion created by the marketing materials from our Might and Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition. We understand that some customers in North America were not aware the Collector's Edition delivered digital versions of the game and soundtrack. Ubisoft apologizes for any frustration and disappointment resulting from these items being in digital format vs. physical format."

Seriously, "some customers in North America were not aware"? You mean, you led them to believe otherwise. "We're sorry that you believed what we told you." This is like the, "never say sorry or admit fault" after you get in a fender bender.

Blitzhex

Question for the Steam experts here. I bought Witcher 3 gifted on steam through a friend in a different country because it's censored where I live. It worked very well and I got the uncensored version of the game.

Now, would buying Hearts of Stone DLC from my own store cause it to be censored? Or does the fact that I own the uncensored base game mean that dlc will be uncensored aswell?

I can see that steam store Hearts of Stone has two subIDs. I'm assuming one is the censored version and the other is uncensored.

Also, I don't know how steam packages or subids work.

zkylon

zkylewd
header.jpg

the fall is a pretty good adventure game

i don't think guns were really necessary and some of the puzzles are kind of not great but good story and really good atmosphere and i'm def hooked for the next episodes

it'll probably be super cheap during the winter sale, i imagine $3.75 or less, and i wholeheartly recommend it at that price.

50$ season pass for Battlefront.

120$ for the Ultimate Edition

Fuck off EA

Killing whatever interest I had quick

Even the Deluxe Edition in itself is kind of laughable considering the only things that are even exclusive are 2 emotes. The other stuff is just instant access to some MP weapons (that can be unlocked through gameplay) and getting to play the Jakku DLC a week early (that everyone gets for free anyway).

Dr Dogg

Some people just won't be satisfied until they have the head of a WB Games Exec on a spike. They recommended folks unhappy get refunds through Steam, other etailers offered them too, they pulled it from sale, bothered to do some work which worked for some and will do some further work and put it back on sale towards the end of the month. If that still isn't good enough for you just move on. What's the point getting all riled up on the internet? Either communicate to them directly or chalk it up as a loss and don't give them any of your custom again until you feel satisfied with the service.

Here's a stat for you that if you've ever worked in customer device you might be aware of but if a company has provided bad service over 70% of customers won't complain, they just won't use that company again. One of the reasons why lots of companies are constantly doing surveys is to find out what wrong as most disgruntled customers don't give them the time of day again.

dex3108

Man time really flies when i play Witcher 3. I did 2 contracts and one side quest in 2 hours. i really don't want this game to end :(

Uzzy

Some people just won't be satisfied until they have the head of a WB Games Exec on a spike.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

zkylon

zkylewd
Starting the Witcher series now, with the first! Will get to number 3 this time next year =/

So far a fair number of fetch quests running around =/
yeah witcha 1 has a fair number of those, specially on that first chapter, but after that it gets a lot better about making more interesting quests and whatnot

one suggestion, similar to the chainshot thing in alpha protocol, you're gonna want to upgrade aard so that it has the stun effect before you finish the first chapter. just do that, everything else you can level up as you please, but i strongly recommend you do that if you want to get past the very annoying boss at the end of chapter 1 without that much trouble

Chariot

maybe battlefront is the new evolve ?
Opposed to Evolve it got not only the huge, relevant franchise IP behind it's back, but Battlefront is a IP on it's own and DICE is a name. Between fans of Battlefield, Battelfront and Battle Wars, it will sell well, even if it sucks. More so if it only slightly sucks. This battlefleet can't be stopped.

stardust crusaders - best local multiplayer game you haven't heard of. Highly recommended it you got buddies, can't speak on single player as I haven't tried it yet.

Is there a thread, list, or any resource where I can learn about the best F2P games on Steam? Or I could just ask you guys, I suppose. I already have Dota 2 and TF2 (and SMITE, the best game ever created).

Dr Dogg

Also Broforce is getting a season pass too.

capturefus53.png

Sooooo just free then. What on earth is Broforce getting a season pass for unless it's Devolver being Devolver and just taking the piss. Broforce has had so many content updates in EA it was like 3 games by the time I last put it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom