• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsfaeksBR

Just read that if you get Wasteland 2 until tomorrow, you'll get the Enhanced Edition for free.
So, if I buy it today and put it in my inventory only to activate it next week, will I get both versions or only the EE one?

Plus, is it possible to ask for a refund on a pre-ordered game not yet released directly through Steam or only via Support?

Is there a thread, list, or any resource where I can learn about the best F2P games on Steam? Or I could just ask you guys, I suppose. I already have Dota 2 and TF2 (and SMITE, the best game ever created).

Transformice, and Path of Exile if you ignore its community. Planetside 2 is OK but you'll feel like a real second-class citizen; same for Marvel Heroes.

Thinking about it, Warframe is probably the best one on Steam.

ss_c5f264f5d1ac017d151a7acc24636b865dc94a59.1920x1080.jpg

ss_69f1c4070d73d16291f3c2cd557994b107dc9e2e.1920x1080.jpg

KarmaCow

Sooooo just free then. What on earth is Broforce getting a season pass for unless it's Devolver being Devolver and just taking the piss. Broforce has had so many content updates in EA it was like 3 games by the time I last put it on.

This is the answer pretty much anytime Devolver says anything.

Grief.exe

Just read that if you get Wasteland 2 until tomorrow, you'll get the Enhanced Edition for free.
So, if I buy it today and put it in my inventory only to activate it next week, will I get both versions or only the EE one?

Plus, is it possible to ask for a refund on a pre-ordered game not yet released directly through Steam or only via Support?

Pre-order refunds go through automatically. Go to the account details page.

pahamrick

Oi. ToZ Tier 3 hitting 100% makes me really want to pre-order, but I can only swing one fall release and it has to be Fallout 4.

Plus the whole not being able to actually pre-order ToZ since I wouldn't have the money until after it releases helps the decision.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
After 80 hours (over an entire year), I finally finished Final Fantasy XIII. Liked it a lot, which I already expected because most fans of the series hate it. I even grew to care for all of the characters. The story was surprisingly good too, and the music is fantastic.

It looks so pretty that I took over 400 screenshots and posted them on my Steam feed. I apologize to my Steam friends for spamming them all this time with so many pics from Lightning's adventure, please don't hate me! And yes, it's been a year since I started it, exactly 365 days, according to the first screenshot I took (which was of the logo at the very beginning).

What a great game. Looking forward to playing XIII-2 someday (not right now, though) and Lightning Returns, once the PC version is out.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
And WB still doesn't give a sh*t about broken Arkham Knight on PC.

You really have it in for Arkham Knight on PC don't you? I mean anyone frustrated with their experience was free to get a refund no matter which proper vendor they purchased it from. Holding on to the game was a calculated decision.

You really have it in for Arkham Knight on PC don't you? I mean anyone frustrated with their experience was free to get a refund no matter which proper vendor they purchased it from. Holding on to the game was a calculated decision.

Besides at least Arkham Knight seems to run as good as the other Arkham games. Played it a few days ago after it ran like shit on my 280x during release but runs at 60fps right now and dont have any problems.

Turfster

Nobody knows, but probably the latter if it replaces the sub.
(Possibly only the old version if it's a separate sub?)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Why Call of Duty: Black Ops 3’s entire campaign is unlocked from the start

(...) It’s this realization that helped drive major decisions that now come to differentiate Black Ops 3 from its predecessors, with one of the primary changes being entirely under-the-hood, but one that has a significant impact on how players experience the game: everything now runs from a single executable file.

In past COD entries the single and multiplayer modes were essentially discrete games-within-games. This was most visible on PC where players could actively boot into one side or the other, but even on console switching from one mode to the other would actually be closing one executable and opening another. In Black Ops 3, everything is integrated – it’s now finally, truly one big game.

“Now we can start sharing information between the modes,” Blundell explains. “If people are playing multiplayer on one day, then some zombies the next, then jump into campaign, you can now smoothly move between these experiences rather than have a jarring break to load in to a different part.”

“We’ve built systems around this idea of an ecosystem that you can move fluidly between, and now all three modes are online, so you can group and move with that group through all three modes seamlessly,” he adds. (...)

neoemonk

This thread has moved me to finally play Minerva's Den. So far it is okay.

Still dealing with AssCreed III. I have decided to 100% it. I am not sure why; only Revelations is worse.

Revelations is my next Creed game. Sucks to hear that it's bad. I pick them up when they are $5 and get to them whenever.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Xbox One Controller's Wireless PC Adapter Coming This Month

Use your Xbox One controller on PC without a USB cable.

The adapter that allows Xbox One controllers to be used wirelessly with PCs and tablets is coming later this month, Microsoft has confirmed.

A listing for the dongle, officially known as the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, references a release date of October 20 on the official Xbox website. Confusingly, GameStop and Amazon listings offer two separate dates--October 27 and November 3, respectively.

Microsoft confirmed with GameSpot that October 20 is the official release date, though at this point it remains unclear where you'll be able to purchase it on that day.

"[W]e can confirm the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, announced earlier this year, will release on Oct. 20 in most markets," the company said in a statement today. "We look forward to sharing more details soon."

Turfster

Krautscape gets hard really quickly, but has that old Trackmania "just one more try, damn it" feel.
And I haven't even flown my car yet.

Maniac

Banned
I bought one of those hearts of stone physical things

I'll probably sell the GOG key and buy a Steam key

But fuck I needed that RL Gwent fix real bad guys. Real bad. It'll go nicely with my Collectors Edition anyway.

How do you get login bonuses for MGV? And is it possible to rewatch the cutscenes I skipped just to get to the main menu?

By logging in on the server. Either when you launch the game or in your acc you can choose to connect online.

Yes, you'll have to play those stages again to view those cutscenes.

Except if it was bought from nuuvem or bundled with graphics cards (which I got for that game).

Even if it were universally refundable, it wouldn't change how much of a cock up it was. If all you care about is getting +1s, then the PC version being bad (and still broken) doesn't matter much. If you were looking forward to having and playing that version of the game, then it's still actively a problem since it's both still broken and not for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom