• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok, depends on the loot placement in each run for me. When I see a Jetpack and a Shotgun at 1-1, I will kill the shopkeeper. Gives me great odds until blackmarket. I agree with you though, usually those two are not found together, so it becomes a struggle to just get to the blackmarket.

If there is a jetpack or a cape, the answer is always "kill him."
Killing him will give you a shotgun too, which makes you pretty golden until the black market, where it's a game of positioning and patience -- something you need to learn anyway to deal with the aggro'ed shopkeeps for the rest of the game.

ArjanN

Ok, depends on the loot placement in each run for me. When I see a Jetpack and a Shotgun at 1-1, I will kill the shopkeeper. Gives me great odds until blackmarket. I agree with you though, usually those two are not found together, so it becomes a struggle to just get to the blackmarket.

Yeah, you can make an exception like, say, a jetpack, but generally I found it better to hold off until the black market.

Killing him will give you a shotgun too, which makes you pretty golden until the black market, where it's a game of positioning and patience -- something you need to learn anyway to deal with the aggro'ed shopkeeps for the rest of the game.

Eh. you're pretty likely to find a cape anyway.

I don't have it either, if it's any consolation

That probably is different problem then, I get this screen after a lot of waiting for inventory to load, sometimes after placing something on the market, almost always after several such attempts (often not successful too), sometimes just trying to load the inventory. By this time I wish they just replaced that message with "get lost, we aren't going to load that inventory, period, or you can wait several minutes more and get the same results". I actually always get that ridiculous plugin failure icon if I gemify more than two items too.
I must be very impatient as people seem to tolerate all that just fine.

Yeah that sounds different. I just looked at your inventory and it loaded instantly for me. You have a little more items than I do. However, loading my own inventory takes several seconds. Kinda weird.

Yeah, you can make an exception like, say, a jetpack, but generally I found it better to hold off until the black market.

Eh. you're pretty likely to find a cape anyway.

Find a cape? What version of Spelunky are you playing? Obviously not the one I am... :lol
Sometimes you get lucky and hit one of those "dead are restless" levels, but outside of that, my shopkeeps have been very dingy. I'll take the cape+shotgun combo every time I see it. Makes getting to the black market much easier; hell, it makes everything easier. :p

--

Everyone in my list seems to be getting Zestiria but me. I feel left out. :(

Sweet, just made it through blackmarket. Patience was the key. Blew a hole to the ground where they all shot each other up.

Ozium

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Noir Syndrome -- MB-792A08FD768CD760 - Taken by Catshade
No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-38E0C5F51375FAAD - Taken by iosefe
Jagged Alliance Gold -- MB-5B9B08615EC23A63 - Taken by texhnolyze
Super Cyborg -- MB-487F86588A452CC4 - Taken by Leafhopper
Ibb and Obb 2 Pack -- MB-41EBB1D7368F3BA9 - Taken by criesofthepast
Two Steps Back -- MB-587338509FA0FF2C - Taken by darkchewie
Metrocide -- MB-17ECDB4DE9C15532 - Taken by Ribeiro
Rise of the Triad -- MB-BBD545AAFD9ED68D - Taken by gurm3n
Oscura: Lost Light -- MB-BBF2C61014F21716 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Synonymy -- MB-4A4CD2929BF0AD87 - Taken by Purkake4
Frederic: Resurrection of Music -- MB-988AC241E4543E64 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Merchants of Kaidan -- MB-800272EF0CEC75C3 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Shattered Planet -- MB-F47B01C0C1D99089 - Taken by Belgarion

fuck it was supposed to be free for all but i must have put in the wrong word or something

Chariot

I heard the game, besides the great character models you can make, feels like a standard MMO.
You wouldn't believe how many hours I spend in DCUO and Secret World just creating characters and tweaking clothes. I'm vonna buy in just for the editor, everything else is bonus.

You wouldn't believe how many hours I spend in DCUO and Secret World just creating characters and tweaking clothes. I'm vonna buy in just for the editor, everything else is bonus.

Secret World still was a great MMO with cool and fresh storylines.

I am not that sure about Black Desert.

Hey JaseC or other region savvy Steam users:

How do you tell if a game is able to be bought and traded from another country to your own, like I was investigating with fantomena for Tales or like chairmanchuck tried to do for people with Talos Principle?

Zafir

How do you tell if a game is able to be bought and traded from another country to your own, like I was investigating with fantomena for Tales or like chairmanchuck tried to do for people with Talos Principle?

Well, you're usually fine with gifts from Western Europe and US/CA. It's areas where you can get games for super cheap where the problems start coming. Most of Asia, South America, and CIS have locked gift copies.

MUnited83

For you.

Locked regions:

Russia/CIS
Southeast Asia
South America
Turkey

Basically everything else is fine. (as in, they don't have any restrictions by default)

GaussTek

Just heads up.

If you already bought Kero Blaster from Playism site, check out you account games list there and go to "Show Games Detail". There's already a Steam key waiting for you to redeem (you can't download it until Nov. 11, obviously).

2015_10_14_18_47_42_Inicio.png

Hey.
The second time I didnt forget it and got some people Talos ;)

Momentary

Banned
Amazing how dedicated PC anime fans that they will even buy games when they are 30fps.

Well if you can go back in time and tell the devs during the predevelopment phase to not tie framerate to game logic, then that would be awesome. The port from what I've seen looks to be fantastic though. If QLOC can't seem to get this to run stably with what was laid on the table for them, then I don't know who else can do it. The game could very well run fine at 60 FPS if you can unlock it, but expect some janky shit to happen. But it's more than likely going to run at double the speed. There isn't an elite porting team in this world that wouldn't charge a company a hefty amount of money to have that fixed for a client.

Also, Berseria is 60FPS. If I have to pay some bucks to have that get over on this platform, then so be it. I'm tired of NEP NEP.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Castle Crashers upgraded on Steam, too

Castle Crashers Remastered was a nice upgrade for Xbox One players, and now The Behemoth is bringing some of those improvements to the Steam version of the game in a free update.

• New mini-game: Back Off Barbarian
  • Uncapped frame rate (FPS)
  • Ultra mode: high-quality textures
  • Updates to UI flow
  • Russian language support added
  • General bug fixes and improvements

A couple of things to note. One, you'll need to toggle Ultra mode in the settings menu -- it won't be on by default after Castle Crashers updates. Two, Back Off Barbarian is a replacement for All You Can Quaff. Studio co-founder Dan Paladin says the old mini-game "haunted" him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom