• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
as far as mice go I've used a Roccat Kone Pure Optical mouse for the past year and it's been great for me...was the first non-generic/cheap mouse I ever bought (got it on sale so it was a good deal)

Arthea

utterannoyance8bbgm.jpg

story of my life, and when it does load it takes ages to do so, and then it tries to reload every time I move my finger, like selling something or god forbid I decide to gemify something, or do anything!
Nothing bloody works for months now (it's actually closer to years, but there are periods when it's better), trading works sometimes, then again it now takes at least five times more time to even load inventory, let alone complete the trade, if it is able to complete it at all and not error out for the heck of it after all that waiting.
I don't feel like contacting support again as that accomplishes nothing.
It's so bloody annoying, it would make it better if I knew they know the problem and are working on it, but how can they know if there are no support people on boards and they don't read tickets.
steam was a mistake

let's see if complaining on gaf still works

Dr Dogg

Can someone recommend me a good mouse?

I'm kind of surprised Mr Orange's thread of magic doesn't have anything to do with mouse options

You'll get so many different responses you'll just end up more confused. Just pop into PC World, have a play around with what's there (one by me has the whole Logitech and SteelSeries ranges as well as those RAT horrors), find what is comfortable for you as that's the most important thing really, then order for less on Amazon.

Nzyme32

I've been really happy with my CM Storm Recon, and it was pretty cheap (under $30). I think most people just recommend Logitech mouses though.

I really like my Steelseries Rival (now called Rival 300). I use a hybrid grip and it feels nice but next time I'll get a bigger one to fit my large hands. The buttons and grips are really nice, colored lights fun. Reviews call the sensor supreme, but I can't say other than it moves solidly.

I've got a Mionix Naos 7000. It's a bit on the large side, so you'd probably want to try it in a store. It's got some dumb leds on it, but they can be disabled from the driver software. The driver software also has a nice amount of options for the sensor and macros.

I've been using the Logitech G502 Proteus for quite awhile. Very happy with it. I believe there was a crazy deal on it last year, so might be worth looking out for.

as far as mice go I've used a Roccat Kone Pure Optical mouse for the past year and it's been great for me...was the first non-generic/cheap mouse I ever bought (got it on sale so it was a good deal)

I use the Logitech G500 and it's great.

The PROTEUS CORE is a pretty good mouse, yeah. I second it.

The two buttons on the side are so handy. I don't know how I survived without them, previously.

Cheers for all the suggestions guys, I'll be looking into all of these.

You'll get so many different responses you'll just end up more confused. Just pop into PC World, have a play around with what's there (one by me has the whole Logitech and SteelSeries ranges as well as those RAT horrors), find what is comfortable for you as that's the most important thing really, then order for less on Amazon.

Ever the pragmatist. I'll go through this route first

Sch1sm

Can someone recommend me a good mouse?

I'm kind of surprised Mr Orange's thread of magic doesn't have anything to do with mouse options

You need a mouse that fits you, Nzyme. What you play, how you grip, whether you're right or left handed. I'm with Dr. Dogg. Go in and try a variety out.

I personally use the SteelSeries Sensei Wireless, and the wired Sensei Raw. Got the first for a present. Second has lasted me 2 years now with no sign of quitting.

Arthea

I don't know, do we even need mice anymore? What's the point with steam or being down, or "loading" something and never actually getting there, or being busy in other ways.
Oh wait, games, yeah we need it
carry on

story of my life, and when it does load it takes ages to do so, and then it tries to reload every time I move my finger, like selling something or god forbid I decide to gemify something, or do anything!
Nothing bloody works for months now (it's actually closer to years, but there are periods when it's better), trading works sometimes, then again it now takes at least five times more time to even load inventory, let alone complete the trade, if it is able to complete it at all and not error out for the heck of it after all that waiting.
I don't feel like contacting support again as that accomplishes nothing.
It's so bloody annoying, it would make it better if I knew they know the problem and are working on it, but how can they know if there are no support people on boards and they don't read tickets.
steam was a mistake

let's see if complaining on gaf still works

Did you recently enable the "Keep your Steam Gift inventory private" option in My Privacy Settings? I noticed I would get the same error after setting that option and trying to view my entire inventory instead of just community items. That's probably not your issue, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

So I bought Binary Domain from that nuuvem sale but I've been having a major problem trying to get it to 60fps. Whenever I boot it up and try to configure settings, it only detects intel integrated graphics rather than my laptop's dedicated graphics card. Anybody know how to fix this? I need some Big Bo in my life!

I do not have the patience for Ronin's trial and error, weird turn-based jump combat. Just jump around, knocking dudes down until there isn't a killshot lined up on you so you can stab a dude so you can repeat this same basic action until you clear each gauntlet of enemies.

I'm going to try and continue to work my way through it but I am glad I bought it on sale instead of full price.

Are there optimal abilities I should be spending my skillpoints on?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
60fps isn't everythiiiing. Really, it isn't.
It's anime and last time I looked anime is displayed at 23.97 fps or something. It actually feels a bit weird that they are going for such a high framerate, hoping it won't hamper my enjoyment with it.
This is a weird post, don't take it seriously.

Tenrius

So I bought Binary Domain from that nuuvem sale but I've been having a major problem trying to get it to 60fps. Whenever I boot it up and try to configure settings, it only detects intel integrated graphics rather than my laptop's dedicated graphics card. Anybody know how to fix this? I need some Big Bo in my life!

Can't you just force it in the Nvidia control panel like in most games? I have to do this a lot.

Eila

It's anime and last time I looked anime is displayed at 23.97 fps or something. It actually feels a bit weird that they are going for such a high framerate, hoping it won't hamper my enjoyment with it.
This is a weird post, don't take it seriously.

I think most digital era are 24 fps, but really have about 12 frames of animation unless it's an important scene.

Knurek

Some people are just buying it because they get 2 games...

Then there are going to be the people that will bitch because it's still a JRPG when they do attempt to play it, if they even do :|.

I want Bamco to see the sale results and then proceed to port the only good Tales game.
You know, the one that had a recent 3DS port.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I didn't start collecting until the end of the Summer Sale of 2012, but I use the term loosely since I didn't have much money to spare at the time. These days I spend about $100-$150 per week. Sometimes less, sometimes more, but generally somewhere around that ballpark.

So what's the full tally from 2012 up to today?

No, nor does it have any relevance to any Arkham game. Arguably even Arkham City.
...it's a direct continuation of the ending of Arkham City.

I will never understand how people struggle with the Wolfestein bosses. Beat the Old Blood boss on the third try and the final boss of the base game on the first try. All of this happened on Uber. I mean, circle strafe in the base game and pay attention to what the boss in the Old Blood is missing. So easy :/

Arthea

Did you recently enable the "Keep your Steam Gift inventory private" option in My Privacy Settings? I noticed I would get the same error after setting that option and trying to view my entire inventory instead of just community items. That's probably not your issue, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

I actually did at some point! so you are saying that it affects inventory loading speed?
I'll check this, thanks

TY Alienware for handing out Secret Ponchos like it's candy so that the cards are worthless already.

And I still couldn't get one. Doh.

I actually did at some point! so you are saying that it affects inventory loading speed?
I'll check this, thanks

Not so much loading speed, but I would get that error when trying to view my entire inventory. It would eventually fix itself though.

Arthea

And I still couldn't get one. Doh.

Not so much loading speed, but I would get that error when trying to view my entire inventory. It would eventually fix itself though.

I don't have it either, if it's any consolation

That probably is different problem then, I get this screen after a lot of waiting for inventory to load, sometimes after placing something on the market, almost always after several such attempts (often not successful too), sometimes just trying to load the inventory. By this time I wish they just replaced that message with "get lost, we aren't going to load that inventory, period, or you can wait several minutes more and get the same results". I actually always get that ridiculous plugin failure icon if I gemify more than two items too.
I must be very impatient as people seem to tolerate all that just fine.

Spelunky pro-tip: don't kill any shopkeepers until the black market. Then kill all of them in there and rob it completely blind. There's basically foolproof ways to do it. I do it the way I saw Patick Klepek do it: Blow up the ledge at the top left, climb up on a rope, aggro the shopkeeper so he runs off the ledge, then work you way down dropping bombs on the shopkeeper from above. Basically do this every run, because having all the stuff from the black market makes the rest of the game much easier.
Ok, depends on the loot placement in each run for me. When I see a Jetpack and a Shotgun at 1-1, I will kill the shopkeeper. Gives me great odds until blackmarket. I agree with you though, usually those two are not found together, so it becomes a struggle to just get to the blackmarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom