• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm allergic to cats, this picture alone makes me sneeze.

This one's sorta blurry. It could be anything.
12109008_10153610619373758_508235244843569388_n.jpg

shockdude

2500$ gaming laptop ???
Why would you do this.
"Portability."

That portability that really only has a max 3 hour battery life.
Experiences like those are why we have the Gaming Laptop Thread.

If you have a mobile lifestyle, quality gaming laptops are amazing. Sit it on a desk with a monitor with mouse & keyboard for traditional gaming, connect it to the TV for console-like gaming, stick it in a backpack with a couple of controllers for impromptu local multiplayer anywhere.
My personal metric for a gaming laptop is "good laptop" + "good gaming" + "cheaper than a good macbook."

Sarcasm

HP regen in TW3 is lame lol. It is so off putting.

Having to eat/drink, its almost like the good old days (my memory points to vanilla WoW).

HP regen in TW3 is lame lol. It is so off putting.

Having to eat/drink, its almost like the good old days (my memory points to vanilla WoW).

you're doing it wrong bro. upgrade the shit out of the shield, eventually you'll recover health when they attack your shield.
Disabling the auto/meditation regain makes it a completely different game. It is a welcome addition to the difficulty.

i forgot that exist since i was playing on the difficulty that had that off.

Agreed, Prinny. Upgrading your signs are the only way to play. (Dipping into alchemy for a huge toxicity limit increase is a great idea, too.)

Who needs strength when you have utility?

Agreed, Prinny. Upgrading your signs are the only way to play. (Dipping into alchemy for a huge toxicity limit increase is a great idea, too.)

Who needs strength when you have utility?

I didn't dabble with alchemy, didn't really need it, mainly used the magic tree and the buffs for strong and light attacks.

I didn't dabble with alchemy, didn't really need it, mainly used the magic tree and the buffs for strong and light attacks.

Boosting the toxicity limits let you go wild with potions. It's great, especially once you start racking up Superior potions with incredible benefits, and decoctions with wild properties.

A true witcher is on the edge of toxicity for every major battle.

Sarcasm

Disabling the auto/meditation regain makes it a completely different game. It is a welcome addition to the difficulty.

you're doing it wrong bro. upgrade the shit out of the shield, eventually you'll recover health when they attack your shield.

i forgot that exist since i was playing on the difficulty that had that off.

What autoo regain? I am playing on Death March (or w/e is last one heh).

And shield? What shield Oo

ExoSoul

Banned
Supposed to be a short one, now it's supper short.

Edit:
Really ModBot?..

If anyone wants Episode 1 or of RE Rev 2 get in touch with me.

What autoo regain? I am playing on Death March (or w/e is last one heh).

And shield? What shield Oo

Advanced Quen or w/e (when you spec in Quen) makes a solid barrier that reflects damage via your stamina, healing you a portion of the damage done. It's very handy and a great way to heal on the higher difficulties.

And regarding regeneration, Geralt can heal from meditiation and (I think) passively in the default and lower difficulty. It trivialises food and makes Swallow dramatically less useful. It just changes the focus in combat from surviving battle to preserving health.

It just changes the focus in combat from surviving battle to preserving health.

Lol now that you mention it thats actually true. I went from, "ok i got to run away I'm gonna lose this fight" to "hmm.. I can get 2 hits in and I should be able to survive one more hit, from there I'll just use quen till im maxed health."

would often find lower leveled enemies just to heal off of them. allowed me to so save my swallow which i actually still used quite often.

Lol now that you mention it thats actually true. I went from, "ok i got to run away I'm gonna lose this fight" to "hmm.. I can get 2 hits in and I should be able to survive one more hit, from there I'll just use quen till im maxed health."

would often find lower leveled enemies just to heal off of them. allowed me to so save my swallow which i actually still used quite often.

That sort of thing is why I like scarcity in games. It makes even incidental battles interesting, and is thus Good Game Design™.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Orborun -- MB-849085AD0BEB484B - Taken by shockdude

Blargh.

ModBot said:
Instructions for RunWhiteBoyRun:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RunWhiteBoyRun, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bionic Commando Rearmed-- MB-5043CC9127433F0A - Taken by Baron von Loathsome
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Episode 1- -- MB-E70F66442E175FE5 - Taken by Sch1sm

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
MGSV: Konami Offline Tax for players who opt out of FOBs

I just realised something, don't know if anyone else noticed, but Konami appears to have patched in an offline tax.

I just realised this today. Whenever I boot the game, and ever since mission 22 (MB rescue mission) I always go offline before anything else, so I'm even bypassing the FOB tutorial.

Very recently, as soon as I do this, I get subtracted 250000 GMP, all my placement guns are automatically limited to 6 of each and all my vehicles to 3 of each. Basically, all sorts of things that took a long time to collect in game, and offline, just disappear.

The only reason I noticed this is because I normally start in the ACC, but when I restarted my game while Snake was in Motherbase, a prompt in the corner informing me of a 250000GMP expense showed up, and I then noticed a pattern. I later realised that the "tax" is also paid even if you are in the ACC, there is just no warning about it.

Has anyone else noticed this?

This truly is a new low for Konami. I'm pretty sure this new "feature" was not mentioned in the patch notes.

Not even freaking Dungeon Keeper Mobile scammed players like this!

Do I get the original Splinter Cell or Double Agent on sale this week?

I've got just enough credit to buy one of them but not both. Already have Chaos Theory and Blacklist but haven't yet played either.

It's my birthday today, but I'm away from home for some training until April. That didn't stop my wife from dressing everyone up for a birthday party though.

They do not look pleased.

They were probably told "no cake til Dad is home."
Happy Spirit Formation Journey Anniversary.

Just got HBO Go setup and finally watched the first episode of Game of Thrones.

All it's making me want to do is play Skyrim, but I know I can't because last time I started on that path I went down the mod/ENB rabbit hole and my poor 750 Ti couldn't handle all I wanted to throw at it.

Khronico

MGSV is by far one of the best games released this year and the absolute scumbaggery surrounding it is a crying shame.

Konami is g r o s s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom