• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

XBP

Add one Telltale games on cart and it's 50% off for me. But add another one or more and it's suddenly 75% off for all item.

Ok so this kind of works. But for me its 4 telltale games. As soon as I add any four telltale games, all of them get a 75% discount. I'm not going to buy 4 games just to get that discount though, :S.

ExoSoul

Banned
Wanderer started it's Kickstarter for those interested.

Trailer

Kickstarter

00b4f15efc0b5b4f2a235c43cad9f517_original%20-%20Copy_zpsurdc7kee.jpg
919c40de151dce51884b1ffc17fa9aad_original%20-%20Copy_zpsliwo61yi.png
70b66fd26e383c6f7613688c1af3cb2c_original%20-%20Copy_zpshhfthsur.png
71b029e8a92ebdafb125c11d3e7d315e_original%20-%20Copy_zpskamsvo37.png

I want the collector's edition of this game so bad...

AHA-Lambda

Ok so this kind of works. But for me its 4 telltale games. As soon as I add any four telltale games, all of them get a 75% discount. I'm not going to buy 4 games just to get that discount though, :S.

Just checked this is true, you need 4 items, Minecraft is now £4.79 for me but £8.76 in total after adding the cheapest items.

XBP

Just checked this is true, you need 4 items, Minecraft is now £4.79 for me but £8.76 in total after adding the cheapest items.

11.36 here with the cheapest items. Still not worth bothering. Might as well pay the extra dollar and not exploit the bug.

fertygo

I want build decent library at gog too if have some fund, too wary my goverment stupid switch flip and thus blocking steam or something like that.

Why I can't be cool like you guys and born in yuro or u-esh-e :(

I feel the situation regarding the Link's internal pairing capability with the Steam Controller is a good example for how bad Valve is with communicating and how the press aren't thorough with reviewing stuff, informing themselves.

So, apparently when you boot up the Link, it will ask you to plug in kb&m or controller stuff, like the dongle. There's no mention of internal pairing, or how to activate it. There is no official documentation about that either. So it's not people's fault when they settle for the dongle. That's on Valve. However the press should have known there is a function like that and something's up. If I were a journo before I reviewed something I'd read up on it first and not go in blind. The function is mentioned on the store page. So, I would have mentioned it in the article that "hey btw the store page says you can pair the controller with it without the dongle, but I didn't find a way to do it" or before writing the review I'd have tried contacting Valve about it.

But this also goes for the controller. In the Engadget stream they mentioned how they didn't even know it has a gyro and they were surprised. Dude.

(1) I've been on the fence for months because I wanted to try it in hand before I bought one if possible. However, Dr. Dogg's earlier post about DS2 working well with it sounded good enough that I thought maybe I'd grab one, sell the gifts that came with it, and what the heck, hopefully it's good...
(2) If it's only to set up bindings, then why does Chubigans's guide for CSD say you have to launch the game from BPM to use the custom profile for the game that he's made/distributed? He doesn't say "if this is the first time you're using the steam controller with CSD, launch the game from BPM"... it makes it sound like it's required EVERY time. Dr. Dogg says that sometimes it works (depending on game/mapping) after you've configured it initially via BPM, but that's not 100% every game will work with your profile after you set it up if you launch outside of BPM next time... furthermore, it's absolutely ridiculous to hide the controller configuration stuff behind a mode that not everyone wants to use.

So the impressions I'm getting is that BPM is more required than not, as there's no guarantee that your bindings or the device will be recognized by the game properly outside of BPM.

I recall Krejlooc said it should work and worked for him these last weeks, months. He and other testers also said Valve has been pushing out updates, some which fix stuff, some which break. And if you look at the controller thread, most people are having a rough time. It's buggy, half-baked etc. It's a Valve experience :p So, you're doing to thing to hold out.

Krejlooc's also working on some guide how to do bindings outside BPM and he also put up how to enabale the trackpad mouse in BPM instead of using the stick. He's doing a lot of work I feel Valve should have put in the first place. It's not an ideal situation.

dex3108

Man having 2 gaming platforms (PC and PS4) is hard. Not only you have to watch for deals on different places but you constantly have to decide where your money will go. For example right now i can buy Uncharted collection for 35-40$ (not bad deal for 3 games and i don't know how long Uncharted PS4 bundle will come with digital codes) but for that money i can buy Witcher 3 DLC/Expansion, Capcom Bundle (i am only interested in DMC and maybe Strider) and use rest for Steam Winter sale or i can buy 12 months of PS+ and get 3-4 games per month (probably indie crap but at least i will have something to play). :(

I guess that is what you get when you live in God forbidden country and you can't buy used console games cheap.

AHA-Lambda

11.36 here with the cheapest items. Still not worth bothering. Might as well pay the extra dollar and not exploit the bug.

Yeah, much more expensive than I thought it'd be, will wait for tizoc :/

Is there no way to add multiples of the same game to cart? Get 4 minecrafts and give them away here?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You are not that far away so use older save or start from the beginning :p

I don't have such an older save (hours had passed by the time I realised the quest was bugged), and as I said, I will start a new game once all of the DLC has released. Even if I continued from where I left off, I doubt I'd finish the game before AssCreed Syndicate, anyway.

XBP

Yeah, much more expensive than I thought it'd be, will wait for tizoc :/

Is there no way to add multiples of the same game to cart? Get 4 minecrafts and give them away here?

I think they're fixing the bug. None of the telltale games are on sale for me anymore.

Tizoc

Aww they fixed it XD
Well I managed to get 1 copy but as I said I won't be home for another 7 hours to trade for it :X

Deques

Aww they fixed it XD
Well I managed to get 1 copy but as I said I won't be home for another 7 hours to trade for it :X

I didn't understand how to get Minecraft that cheap, I added four Telltale games and got down to 75% off, but then I had to buy all four games and even then Minecraft wasn't 4 dollars something

Tizoc

If you would fight, GAF, FIGHT THE HUMANE WAY!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Minecraft: Story Mode GOG key -- MB-0292759213DF06F9 - Taken by Atraveller. 20 entrants total.

t1445085864z1.png

Let me know if the code doesn't work so I can send it to you properly :X

Man work net is slow today =_=
DANCE, PUPPETS, DANCE!

Maniac

Banned
Pretty great. If Nvidia continue down this course then it'll make my next GPU purchase a very easy choice.

Yeah, same here. Knowing that they'll be doing more to refine and improve GeForce Experience makes it easy for me to say with certainty that my next GPU will be a Pascal one.

AMD might be able to fire shots by being funny, but they couldn't make a decent driver in less than half a year to save their lives, nor are they able to make a decent GFE-esque program. Not to mention how great their drivers are at breaking stuff. ^_~'
So here's the thing. I like AMD gpus because of the value. I got a R9 290 for $230 July 21st last year. To get the same performance from Nvidia at the time, I would have had to pay ~$450 if I could manage a deal.

And I've always been able to get things to work. There is a OBS forked build so I could record games at 1080p60 with great quality and very little performance hit.

The biggest fault for AMD is they always create these things that they expect third parties to accomplish. You want 3D? Well we support it, but buy some software from a third party to get it working. You want video recording? We do have something that we offer, but it's pretty limited.

But AMD had two different methods to record video, OVE and AMF. And with their recent driver updates, they completely removed support for OVE and AMF isn't bad, but the dude working on the forked build of OBS doesn't really have AMF optimized so now I can only record at 1080p30.

That's the type of shit that upsets me. But to be fair, their drivers of late have been *much* better than where they were previously. Nvidia is still miles ahead in the software front. The only thing that I see from Nvidia that interests me is that new GameShare thing they have. Where you can play local co-op games by streaming to a friend.

But I do like Freesync more than Gsync.

Why do you like FreeSync more than G-Sync? It's an inferior version to G-Sync, and we're still seeing monitors with prices that're increased by just as much as ones with G-Sync modules, because it's a feature that you can put on the box and increase the price with.

Adaptive Sync, now that's lovely. FreeSync, though? Meh.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Pre-Order Beta Live NOW!

Heroes!

The Pre-order beta is now live and playable!

If you have purchased the game, you will now have access to start playing right away!

During this limited version of the game, you will keep your progress for launch.
The only reason for a wipe of progression would be a critical unforseen technical issue.

Please note that this is still a beta and does not fully reflect the launch version of the game.

See you in Ubersreik!

TOGETHER TO THE END

umPRDhh.jpg

Teppic

Finally installed Idle Master. I don't know why I waited this long.

Feature request:
A list for games I want to idle all cards except the last one. For games with low card values which I don't want to receive a booster pack for.

Maniac

Banned
IIRC that amount included money that went into marketing, the actual development cost should be less.

A new game and you don't sound excited at all! What did you do to the real JaseC?

CDPR mentioned that over half of the $81M was marketing. So in fact, the game had a small budget compared to your average openworld AAA game.

Do-do-do-double post, post, post poooost!

Milamber

Milamber
tell us how you feel
about Senran Kagura on Steam

Also feel free to enter my giveaway.

It's a dream come true! I'm more happy about Little King's Story coming though. It's pretty good.

Also, I'd most not likely be playing that Tales of Minecraft. I'll leave it to the others that want to.

Tizoc

I think now I understand why Lost Planet 3 is on HB tier 1. I tried to play, it crashed twice on two different cutscenes. Than I googled and it seems the game crashes a lot during cutscenes. Nice.
It seems also the game doesn't save your game when the autosave icon is on the screen, I found this fix:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/226720/discussions/0/45350791544876315/
but I don't know if it works.

I never encountered those issues :X Game ran flawlessly for me.

Phinor

It seems DS4 doesn't work with Broforce too, as soon as I start a game, Broforce spawn a second player and controls go to hell.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/274190/discussions/0/611698195157613156/

Hide DS4 controller doesn't work for me.

Broforce works fine for me with DS4Windows (using hiding option) and Windows 10. Not much help I know, but at least it's not a complete no-go, just needs some fixing (what, why, where, when, I don't know..)

And obviously I have to use the experimental "kill explorer" option in DS4Windows because I'm using Windows 10. If I don't, I get double inputs (ie. Windows thinks I have two different controllers plugged in).

Milamber

Since CDPR don't know what to do after TW3, somebody tell them they should go back and HD-ify TW1 and TW2 battles and world to TW3's engine. I'd pay full price for them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom