• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Tales from the Borderlands is probably the best TT "game" at the moment.
Each episode is just pure fun, much better than TWAU (of course, still good).
This, of course, not considering "real" games like Sam & Max.

I like caramelized onions :X

I've never even heard of that before!

e5254096.png

Played the first few hours of Zestiria on PS4. I thought the very beginning was really bad, but after the events in the first main city I'm actually interested to see where this will go. The english dub is alright as well.

Early game spoilers
The main char is pretty much anime Jesus

Really curious how the reception in this thread will turn out.

Tizoc

I think Zesty will attract PC gamers from the gameplay side rather than characters and story.
In Xillia I liked it more when it was just the main 3 at the start, really great chemistry between them.

Glad to see folks liking my favorite vegetable. Also good morning, SteamGAF.
Aww Leaf :( We can ban Halo2/Cuphead for you.
No, that's fine that would only make things worse. I would prefer just not to come back.

Wow, first time happened right? Positive review revocation en masse?
Hardly.

The main char is pretty much anime Jesus

Barely a spoiler since you got a 25% chance of that always being the case with the MC.

Not sure how people will react to Zesteria. Granted if they even play it. I know there is going to be some people here that still hate JRPGs afterwards and a Tales game plotline will probably drive them away more. Basically, people who already like Tales games will enjoy it and people who don't or are not big fans of JRPGs won't. The combat and side plot stuff will win some over. That's my guess.

I mean I hear the combat is good anyway.

I think Zesty will attract PC gamers from the gameplay side rather than characters and story.
In Xillia I liked it more when it was just the main 3 at the start, really great chemistry between them.

Well so far I fought maybe 10 battles and watched a billion cutscenes. So don't go in with wrong expectations.

The battles are standard Tales stuff. At the beginning you're pretty much just mashing one button.

Jawmuncher

Glad to see folks liking my favorite vegetable. Also good morning, SteamGAF.

No, that's fine that would only make things worse. I would prefer just not to come back.

Hardly.

Barely a spoiler since you got a 25% chance of that always being the case with the MC.

Not sure how people will react to Zesteria. Granted if they even play it. I know there is going to be some people here that still hate JRPGs afterwards and a Tales game plotline will probably drive them away more. Basically, people who already like Tales games will enjoy it and people who don't or are not big fans of JRPGs won't. The combat and side plot stuff will win some over. That's my guess.

more like 75%

Yeah I guess. Better safe than sorry.

Tales games to me are pretty much "generic anime - the game". If you don't already like that kind of stuff I doubt Zestiria will win you over. The combat alone isn't enough to carry the game. I personally think Tales combat is pretty weak in general.

Yeah I guess. Better safe than sorry.

Tales games to me are pretty much "generic anime - the game". If you don't already like that kind of stuff I doubt Zestiria will win you over. The combat alone isn't enough to carry the game.

Yeah that's the way Tales games are. Thing is though every time a new one comes out people claim from the high heavens that the combat is alone to play X game. I cannot ever agree with that when your game is 40+ hours long. You will have to deal with the story at some point and if it isn't your jam well, prepare to have a bad time.

Tizoc

Speaking of Vegetables, Roasted Tomatoes are the GOAT
o.jpg

Try them with Kebab or Iranian food and its a party in yo mouth X3

I've played most (if not all) mainline Tales of games and I considered myself a huge Tales of games fan. However, I only actually finish like 5 or 6 of them, Phantasia, Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, and Xilia are the ones that I remember clearly. I easily lost my interest in the series. It's not the pinneacle of JRPG, but it's not a bad series as well. I know Zestiria will be mediocre as usual Tales of games, but I keep coming back to the series.

Shame. Read up on Nvidia's Gamestream Co-Op and downloaded the Beta Experience. Had plans to play Spelunky with a friend. But sadly does the beta Experience crash Spelunky at start-up :( Had to go back to stable release.

fertygo

Pretty sure I pick all bland option at my playthrough of Shadowrun Dragonfall, just kill em all baby.

First time playing through RPG with sort of option being more JRPG guy. altho I know Dragonfall is still childplay when its come to CRPG with optional choice and consequences.. plenty to get used I guess.

It seems DS4 doesn't work with Broforce too, as soon as I start a game, Broforce spawn a second player and controls go to hell.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/274190/discussions/0/611698195157613156/

Hide DS4 controller doesn't work for me.

There are a lot of games that will give you double inputs.
It's worth it to set up the script to boot on windows login to fix the hide DS4 errors. It's not like it's hard, it takes like 3 minutes.

Open text file > paste script > edit to match your file locations > save as... > [somename].bat > open control panel > create new scheduled task > run batch file 30s after logging in > ???? > profit.

Everyone is probably playing video games!

Ha.

AHAHAHAHAHA

SteamGAF playing video games and not looking for deals.

That's a good joke.

I've played most (if not all) mainline Tales of games and I considered myself a huge Tales of games fan. However, I only actually finish like 5 or 6 of them, Phantasia, Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, and Xilia are the ones that I remember clearly. I easily lost my interest in the series. It's not the pinneacle of JRPG, but it's not a bad series as well. I know Zestiria will be mediocre as usual Tales of games, but I keep coming back to the series.

That's the problem man. I just can't really play them anymore.

Dsyndrome

There are a lot of games that will give you double inputs.
It's worth it to set up the script to boot on windows login to fix the hide DS4 errors. It's not like it's hard, it takes like 3 minutes.

Open text file > paste script > edit to match your file locations > save as... > [somename].bat > open control panel > create new scheduled task > run batch file 30s after logging in > ???? > profit.
Creating a .bat file to kill explorer on the fly ended up being a better option for me, since I don't use my controller all the time, and killing explorer makes a third of the system tray icons disappear. Let's you disconnect and reconnect if you want too.
Only five people on my fried list shows as playing a game.
College football kills my Saturday's in the Fall.

Nabs

It seems DS4 doesn't work with Broforce too, as soon as I start a game, Broforce spawn a second player and controls go to hell.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/274190/discussions/0/611698195157613156/

Hide DS4 controller doesn't work for me.

1) the people in that thread completely missed the Hide DS4 option (it's an old thread from February). I guess no one bothered to point it out.
2) Hide DS4 has been broken in Windows 10 since launch. If you're using Inputmapper, you need to use one of the workarounds (batch file for instance). If you're using DS4Windows you need to just click that connect button before hand.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's Showtime!

I'd be down to play if you guys are cool with that. I haven't played SG in about a year.

header.jpg

Participants:

1 - Messiah
2 - Leafhopper
3 - Se7enSword
4 - Uzzy
5 - Rayge
6 - Deques
7 - Spirited?
8 - Nabs

Everyone's welcome to join!

t1445104800z1.png

I really hope Runestone Keeper gets a sequel with a little more monster variety, gear comparison when shopping, and a little more care given to the text

Would be great too if the items to reveal traps and creatures swapped looks

iosefe

1) the people in that thread completely missed the Hide DS4 option (it's an old thread from February). I guess no one bothered to point it out.
2) Hide DS4 has been broken in Windows 10 since launch. If you're using Inputmapper, you need to use one of the workarounds (batch file for instance). If you're using DS4Windows you need to just click that connect button before hand.
It does bug out for me sometimes. Have to do it twice. Once with it connected,press any key, then again, I click button, unplug, then reconnect USB, then press any any. Assuming the reconnection doesn't automatically trigger the "any key"

Maniac

Banned
They should scale back cyberpunk. Bigger than w3... What are they thinking? Sometimes too much is a bad thing. Make it roughly around w3 give or take.

They haven't clarified, have they? It could easily mean that it's bigger content wise, story wise, gameplay wise... I'm personally almost certain they don't mean landscape-wise. But we'll see, I guess? I'm excited either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom