• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
no man's wharf, mostly just the normal enemies
ah i c

well u can come back to that area later since it's optional, or just try and get a weapon with enough reach that you don't get overwhelmed by so many hollows. key thing is to go slow and try to aggro as few of them as possible and try not to lock on and move around a bunch so you don't fall into the water. the hollows on their own are pretty easy, you shouldn't have trouble with them

the spider dudes with the long hands are kind of very annoying with their bleed but
if u use the pharros lockstone near the dogs area they'll hide in their caves and it'll be much easier to kill them

Anteater

ah i c

well u can come back to that area later since it's optional, or just try and get a weapon with enough reach that you don't get overwhelmed by so many hollows. key thing is to go slow and try to aggro as few of them as possible and try not to lock on and move around a bunch so you don't fall into the water. the hollows on their own are pretty easy, you shouldn't have trouble with them

the spider dudes with the long hands are kind of very annoying with their bleed but
if u use the pharros lockstone near the dogs area they'll hide in their caves and it'll be much easier to kill them

it's optional? damn it

it's not actually a bad area but i don't know why I'm dying so much dealing with these silly ass skyrim looking enemies

zkylon

zkylewd
Is it weird that im more looking forward to DS3 then to Bloodbourne?
not really

bloodborne looked sick, i love the world design and all the ghotic victorian or whatever outfits are super cool and vampires and crap, that's awesome

but u know, hearing about how limited builds are and how it's less of a uber connected world and all that, it's not exactly the game i love. it's probably really good anyways, but dark souls formula is so fucking good

Thats not how you write KLK

best

giphy.gif

it's optional? damn it

it's not actually a bad area but i don't know why I'm dying so much dealing with these silly ass skyrim looking enemies
i'll put it on spoiler tags, but it's not a big deal:
basically norman's warf takes you to the back side of the lost bastille, which is an area you can also access using teh harpy dudes right after the pursuer's boss fight.

there's some cool stuff there, but you can skip it for the moment and come back later

also yeah i think you're probably getting swarmed by hollows or something, i can't imagine individual hollows giving that much trouble unless you're using a really weird build

Ludens

Banned
I love how people brag about this stuff in this game. Even better when they complain about how the odds are stacked against them — looking forward to online being expanded for PC.

Nope, it's not bragging, simply it was the only thing I didn't do yet because finding someone with a nuke on PC is almost impossible, in 134 hours I found only three people with nukes, I failed one infiltration, during another one I lost my connection and finally I managed to steal those nukes. And this after refreshing for one hour because there wasn't a single person with a nuke. Plus, the tab for nuke owners on PC is just broken, because even when there are people with nukes, the tab remains empty.

FOBs are not even a "true" online, because you basically infiltrate a AI guided MB always following the same pattern with some variables, only when another player enters the FOB it can be considered an online experience. Online is simply not a thing on PC (yet).

Anteater

also yeah i think you're probably getting swarmed by hollows or something, i can't imagine individual hollows giving that much trouble unless you're using a really weird build

basically, whenever there're more than 1 dude I just can't deal with it. I've gone through this area before when I played it when it first came out (can't remember much of it tho lol), but got stuck on ruin sentinels (3 dudes!) and summoned some guy who did like all the work which turned me off from the game

dark souls 1 had swamp of enemies too but it was never as annoying for me

Soulflarz

Banned
KLK is very platinumey

On second thought- how would an OPM game work? You win in one punch always. Would it have to be like asuras wrath or something?

zkylon

zkylewd
basically, whenever there're more than 1 dude I just can't deal with it. I've gone through this area before when I played it when it first came out (can't remember much of it tho lol), but got stuck on ruin sentinels (3 dudes!) and summoned some guy who did like all the work which turned me off from the game

try not using lock on and two handing weapons so you can one-shot enemies or at least stagger them. try using wide attacks that hit multiple enemies etc

KLK is very platinumey
the only reason i wouldn't want a platinum klk is cos platinum is absolute shit at making levels and i would love to see the highschool and the slums fully realized, klk has a lot of awesome background design and great color grading that platinum games just don't. platinum games have absolutely horrid backgrounds, it's honestly incredible that they seem like they never give a shit about that

also i'd love if the game borrowed a bit of the animation tricks they use in the anime, if it's just generic cell shaded stuff then i dunno if i'd like it

Dsyndrome

Power outage affecting 55700 here, no games or tv for me until who knows when. I don't want to do transformers and multi variable limit homework now, damnit.

L.O.R.D

anyone remember Paranautical Activity ?

apparently , it's coming to the Vita

Yeah I can't tell you how great PA plays on Vita! Feels like it was made for it. Left shoulder for jump right shoulder fire. Controls below...Releasing in NA/EU in November.

8gUiugs.jpg

Deques

Was Woolfe praised or something? I just played a bit of it and wow, this is a buggy mess. I encountered a gamebreaking bug in the big rat boss fight. If you just when you are about to win the fight and restart the fight and win, you won't be able to progress further since the door that's supposed to open is closing instead. I had to restart the entire level and beat the rat boss again to be able to continue >.<

Anteater

ok I watched the first few episodes of Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold

it sucks

hey it's on topic since the game is coming out on steam

why are they fighting the bronze saints anyway in the game

Woolfe developer GRIN: It’s done, there is no way back. We tried, we failed.
The team is now dismantled and we have requested bankruptcy unable to pay outstanding bills.

I guess our public silence the last few months already said a lot. It is not out of disrespect that our communication dropped to almost zero… it is out of shame. It is truly devastating to read the negative comments we received by some press and players. With Woolfe being the most passion driven thing we have ever created, it feels horrible to live with the feeling we let you down.

Once the sales numbers began rolling in, the consequences of our beautiful adventure started to become painfully clear.
Also, Woolfe in action, for anyone curious.

I don't think anyone praised it?

Wanted something a bit more snack sized in length after playing MGSV, Witcher 3, Pillars Of Eternity and Wasteland 2 (with Zombi in between) so I bought Undertale. Can't wait to play it!

Trying to play Dark Souls. Man, even with DSFix performance goes from better than the PS3 version to much worse. I guess I should mess around with the settings a bit.

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (redlacs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Insurgency -- MB-BAF3DFDCC6A952B6 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.

t1445199748z1.png

Hektor

DS3 boss design is so sick.
https://youtu.be/_tLCpvuV5nA?t=5874

And the Soundtrack.

Wanted something a bit more snack sized in length after playing MGSV, Witcher 3, Pillars Of Eternity and Wasteland 2 (with Zombi in between) so I bought Undertale. Can't wait to play it!

Good decision.

the only reason i wouldn't want a platinum klk is cos platinum is absolute shit at making levels and i would love to see the highschool and the slums fully realized, klk has a lot of awesome background design and great color grading that platinum games just don't. platinum games have absolutely horrid backgrounds, it's honestly incredible that they seem like they never give a shit about that

Wonderful 101 looks pretty good for the most part. I think that happens because they're never having long development times.

Anteater

PG is whatever they want to be, they're basically Clover, like okami was a really competent zelda clone, they just decided they should focus on really linear action games with fun combat systems now

I wish they'd do another game that's close to okami but with challenging combat tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom