• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Well Mass Effect has got its claws into me again. Please don't fuck up Andromeda Bioware. I hope they aren't talking bollocks when they say they want to go back to concepts like exploration in the first. I can deal with some shoot bang more so than RPGing if I get to explore Solar Systems and Planets and gawp at awesome skyboxes whilst doing to.

It's dead Jim.

When you look at things like the Megaman Collection which has the wrong PAR and scales incorrectly (wrong ration and uses bilinear scaling too)

After how much they were pushing accuracy to the original title, this is a disappointment.

I'm not talking about Valve going public.
I'm talking about the owner of Valve dieing and his inheritors (whoever they are, wife, children, whoever) wanting to cash out.

Likely get bought out by existing shareholders in that case.

so mixed reactions on the steam controller it seems. no good for shooters or anything that requires good precision on the camera but good for other shit. shame, was really hoping that it would be able to replace my ds4 but realistically i wasn't expecting it. Its just you know, I thought that if i believed hard enough it would happen :( Idk if i should pick one up around the holidays or wait for the 2nd version.

A lot of reviewers or Youtubers or people in general only tried the defaults (which makes the right pad emulate a stick, which by all accounts is not good) and haven't messed with it much and posted their impressions based on that. It won't be great for competitive games, but otherwise people can make it work with settings and practice.

This guy has been doing vids and that includes FPS
General FPS Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7-aZbUJZck
How to Configure Your Steam Controller: FPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg3fjbiQCSY
A short stream of him playing Doom 3: http://www.twitch.tv/thedarkally/v/21200326

edit: you can also use the gyro to help with aiming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B43ibnztDLc

lazygecko

Devs do something stupid, internet reacts as the internet is want to do, everyone looks like an idiot.

They're probably completely aware of what sort of public reaction it would have. But purchase stats are going to send a very different message. There was a really insightful presentation of the monetization strategy of Battlefield Heroes. Those who complained the loudest about pay2win on the forums were also their most lucrative microtransaction customers.

So what exactly is the issue with PD2?
xWXxaKSOl1u48.gif

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
505's cash splash is contingent upon the IGG campaign being successful and that is looking very unlikely. What you won is a pledge that's just going to be refunded. ;)
I realize this. But I still hope against hope that Indivisible gets funded somehow out of nowhere. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not talking about Valve going public.
I'm talking about the owner of Valve dying and his inheritors (whoever they are, wife, children, whoever) wanting to cash out.

Considering everything Valve has done has been in service of the idea serving customers rather than investors, I would imagine there's an internal buyback program in place.

Vlad

Its funny how the guy is only blaming others for the failure.
"Evolve was on Sale" lmao.

The biggest reason why it failed is, that it doesnt look any fun.

Whenever i see devs talking about why their game failed, they always talk about stuff outside of their control, but never about the actual quality of their game.

It's like the whole Airscape thing all over again. The developer was moaning about how poorly it did, which prompted me to try the demo again after being underwhelmed the first time around. After forcing myself to finish the demo, I still thought it was terrible.

In this case, it certainly doesn't help that the title of the game immediately brings sheep to mind.

Monooboe

Any good (or funny) podcasts to listen while playing non-story intensive games? Doesn't have to be only gaming related.

Some of my favorites are StarTalk, Skeptics Guide to the Universe, You are not so Smart and Radiolab. All are quite known but all nongaming for variation.:D

Annubis

It wasn't meant as bait, btw, I really didn't know!

Speaking of stuff more suited for this thread, just saw in the Trailers of Japanese indie games at Comiket 88 thread that Yohjo Simulator is now on Steam Greenlight.

7CRZ.Purple said:
I think this game is for people who are into lollicons.

I don't think that means what the person thinks it means.

Also, I now want a otome VN where you play a girl and try to romance rich and beautiful lolicon guys that just aren't interested into you at all because you are old (let's say 22... that's like grandma to them) and 3D.

Thank the good Gaben for steam cloud, my Witcher 3 saves are still there! Witcher 2 saves are gone though because I had disabled them because they were hogging all the space.

Also, I now want a otome VN where you play a girl and try to romance rich and beautiful lolicon guys that just aren't interested into you at all because you are old (let's say 22... that's like grandma to them) and 3D.
That actually sounds hilarious. I support this idea

Jawmuncher

That Assassin's Creed Syndicate 40 minutes gameplay thread is interesting XD

From the thread

Overall looks like typical Assassins Creed. If you have been on the series train this long and still enjoy it you'll like this. If you were thinking this might be a good place to start, or that this would pull in new fans then that's a no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom