• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it, and now I want it. I want it BAD! :(
Anyway, I've never had a white gaming gear. Do you have to regularly clean them? I feel that owning white stuff will be a chore for me, who like to play alongside my snacks.
I wash my hands quite a bit, but I never have issues with white electronics that aren't Nintendo. Sony, MS, Logitech, Steelseries etc seem to have no issues staying just as clean as any other colour for me.

Those look nice!
My next thing I'm doing is plastidipping my keyboard to match.

Momentary

Banned
Man I let a buddy borrow one of my Dreamcast controllers for about a month and it came back an off yellow-ish color. He smoked inside the house.

zkylon

zkylewd
tell us what you think about Lost planet 3 zkylon

LP1 was cool
lol

i just played a little bit since i heard it had a pretty decent story and i kind of really enjoyed the lost planet 1 demo back in the day, tho i never got around to playing the actual game

so far the story starts out kind of intriguing, i like the whole research/mining mission on alien planet setup, so that's pretty good. there's a lot of very awkward dialogue with random npcs that i'm not sure i get why it's even there, but i don't mind so much

the gameplay so far has been pretty janky and i dunno, i shot some alien spiders in the butt and piloted a mech but all i did was like walk and like do busywork or something.

there seems to be like a ton of systems for like side missions and upgrade and like an economy and stuff that i wasn't really expecting

wasn't there like a really cool hook mechanic in lost planet? and like keeping urself warm and stuff. where's all of that

this game is weird

Brawler? That's a funny definition of it; not one I consider accurate at all, but hey, you say tomato, I say "what the fuck are you talking about, that's not even a fruit."
tomatos are delicious tho

And of course you don't, the design of MGExcelsior is enough to send you into panic attacks.
i duno what that is

Anteater

wasn't there like a really cool hook mechanic in lost planet? and like keeping urself warm and stuff. where's all of that

this game is weird

yeah LP1 had a grappling thing and it was a run and gun game too without the over the shoulder aiming system, and with the whole keeping yourself warm thing from those station thingies

Who said it was a perma? Hear it from you for the first time.

oh I read it earlier from the thread

zkylon

zkylewd
who's free

lol

yeah LP1 had a grappling thing and it was a run and gun game too without the over the shoulder aiming system, and with the whole keeping yourself warm thing from those station thingies
i feel like i kinda wish i was playing that game instead

i don't find this one particularly terrible, it's just taking forever to start and i was kind of hoping for a linear shooter thing

Anteater

i feel like i kinda wish i was playing that game instead

i don't find this one particularly terrible, it's just taking forever to start and i was kind of hoping for a linear shooter thing

LP1 wasn't perfect but I had fun with it! I heard LP3 is a really different game. LP2 is more focused on coop but I would really play that as well but too bad silly capcom won't remove gfwl, because I could get a few friends to buy it if they do.

I bought my sister The Walking Dead game a while back and she was on episode 4 or 5 and I was asking her about it. She told me she was liking it and was excited to go back through and make different decisions to see what changes.

I felt so sad at that point.

Anteater

I bought my sister The Walking Dead game a while back and she was on episode 4 or 5 and I was asking her about it. She told me she was liking it and was excited to go back through and make different decisions to see what changes.

the game still gives you an illusion of choice, so if she's enjoying it up to the last ep then I think it doesn't matter, don't ruin it for her!

the game still gives you an illusion of choice, so if she's enjoying it up to the last ep then I think it doesn't matter, don't ruin it for her!

I had to tell her. She still likes the series well enough.

I can get her LEGO The Hobbit to make up for it. And then when she says how much she likes it and that she is just about to start the 5-armies' levels I will deliver the bad news again.

At least in season 2 there are like 3 or 4 different endings. Season 1 had the better ending tho for what its worth, but maybe thats cause i enjoyed S1 characters more than S2

LP1 wasn't perfect but I had fun with it! I heard LP3 is a really different game. LP2 is more focused on coop but I would really play that as well but too bad silly capcom won't remove gfwl, because I could get a few friends to buy it if they do.

I would get LP2 if it wasnt for gfwl so add me to that camp with your friends. Maybe capcom will do an hd port and will remove gfwl for pc at that time.

Believe

At least in season 2 there are like 3 or 4 different endings. Season 1 had the better ending tho for what its worth, but maybe thats cause i enjoyed S1 characters more than S2

S1 curb-stomps S2.

The S2 endings are all last-minute endings too. Any optional survivor in S2 I automatically assume will have no real part in S3.

They should make S3 the last arc for Clem and actually do some divergent storylines. Of course that is a lot more work, so it won't happen.

Still waiting for the last B-lands episode to drop so I can get that.

S1 curb-stomps S2.

The S2 endings are all last-minute endings too. Any optional survivor in S2 I automatically assume will have no real part in S3.

They should make S3 the last arc for Clem and actually do some divergent storylines. Of course that is a lot more work, so it won't happen.

Still waiting for the last B-lands episode to drop so I can get that.

Tuesday is the last TFTB episode

Why does this game have insurance? Was in the BST thread and someone was selling this and it came with a bunch of shit, what caught my eye was the insurance though.

So if your ship blows you get a new one, it's all done with in game currency, just like Elite does it. Some packages have a few months free or lifetime insurance as a bonus.

rtcn63

Isn't SC like 100GB? My SSD and bandwidth can't handle that.

Is it safe to play my PS4 for 4+ hours at a time? It is 40F out. I just got to
Byrgen
in Bloodborne.
Innsmouuuuth

So if your ship blows you get a new one, it's all done with in game currency, just like Elite does it. Some packages have a few months free or lifetime insurance as a bonus.
...why cant i just get my ship back without any of that? There are ships in that gsme that cost money, do you have to buy insurance for those as well or do they come with life time insurance?

...why cant i just get my ship back without any of that? There are ships in that gsme that cost money, do you have to buy insurance for those as well or do they come with life time insurance?

It's a space sim, it makes sense to have some sort of insurance mechanic no?

When the game comes out everything will be done with in game currency so you'll have to buy insurance with in game currency as well unless you backed and have ship that comes with however many months of insurance.

The only reason ships cost varying amounts of money now is to continue funding the game. It's all optional.

It does? Not from where I'm sitting...

It's a little bigger for me

tuxfool

Banned

They could penalize you when you lose your ship by making you buy another, or you pay insurance to mitigate the risk of that happening.

If there is no penalty for losing ships, then the entire game breaks down.

Well I mean a bunch of games have some sort of death penalty, the insurance mechanic is their version of it.

If you don't buy insurance, you have to buy an new ship. It should also be noted that there will also be a penalty for too many pilot deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom