• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I bought lost planet 3 for 12.50 awhile back and enjoyed it. Didn't have any of the issues Zkylon is mentioning at all. LP was always a oddly questionable series in terms of quality anyway. It was always a either you loved it or hated it sort of game. Especially with LP2.

With that said for the dollar it costs I would say the game is well worth playing for that price. Especially if you just want the story which, I don't see the harm in putting it on easy or skipping the side quests. I actually did those and can say they're not worth it at all. Just helps you out with buying stuff you don't necessarily need.

Note: there was one glitch I ran into when I played. It was when fighting a crab alien on foot. You have to shoot the ice on it back and for some reason it was invulnerable. I think just resetting the checkpoint fixed that though.

yea im probably just gonna skip most of the side missions

btw, i don't really hold it against the game, but some sections are literally impossible to beat on mouse and keyboard. like the interaction with this machine says "alternate wsad keys" (yea, not wasd, wsad) and it just doesn't work -___-

Ozium

You'd be surprised how good writing can change a Borderlands game.

tumblr_mm8oajc1u21r1mvheo1_500.gif

What you think of the Borderlands franchise really doesn't matter when it comes to TFtB, and that's the beauty of it. The great writing and general delivery means it's about the adventure you partake in, rather than the license attached to it. Without a doubt, it's one of TellTale's best works.

Ah, the days when TF2 was good. I miss 'em.

What you think of the Borderlands franchise really doesn't matter when it comes to TFtB, and that's the beauty of it. The great writing and general delivery means it's about the adventure you partake in, rather than the license attached to it. Without a doubt, it's one of TellTale's best works.

Ah, the days when TF2 was good. I miss 'em.

What's wrong? It's still good.

zkylon

zkylewd
you know whats' never fun ever?

unskippable cutscenes

you know what's double not fun?

unskippable cutscenes right before bosses

damn you lost planet 3

we were starting to like each other

ExoSoul

Banned
Infamous 1 is less awful than Prototype 1, but Prototype 2 is much better than Infamous 1,2 and Prototype 1.

Prototype 2 is better in upgrades and all that (the powers themselves converge in power and utility which is a shame) but the story/characters are just the worst you can think of.

Like amateur tier, there's a reason the studio closed.

What characters did you have issues with?

All of them? The main character cusses every two words cause he has to be edgy,
the previous protagonist suddenly decides that he's a really evil mastermind (also have issues with the in-between comic), the army though dude being the relatable character, the female being the double-crosser, the sister trying to make up for his brother
and every god damned scientist.

Nope. TFTB is entirely Telltale's writers --- no meme joke, no Claptrap and an actual characterization to all characters, even returning ones.

You leave CL4P-TP alone :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Prototype 2 is better in upgrades and all that (the powers themselves converge in power and utility which is a shame) but the story/characters are just the worst you can think of.

Like amateur tier, there's a reason the studio closed.
What characters did you have issues with?

Do you guys know that there's a game that receives zero hype from the Internet, and it's going to be released tomorrow?
Yes, it's Sword Coast Legends. The game gets so much undeserved hate from the community, even from way before anyone can play the game. According to Steamspy, the public beta version has about 40k owners so far. Here's some impressions from the public beta SP campaign.

No hype or promotion equals cult/sleeper hit at best. I never even heard about it until you wrote about it, and frankly, I'm not paying $60 sight unseen for that.

No hype or promotion equals cult/sleeper hit at best. I never even heard about it until you wrote about it, and frankly, I'm not paying $60 sight unseen for that.
The base game isn't nearly that much. You're looking at the deluxe version.

I'm really curious how SCL will end up, but it seems so geared towards casual bro-op that I don't think it'll be for me. Everything I read about it makes it seem like an ARPG, when all I want is a NWN successor. That DM mode is such a wild card, though...

NWN, for all its flaws, created some amazing stuff via its community. Persistent Worlds are like nothing else out there.

It's actually $35. Kinda normal for this kind of games.

Well not all Steam games get hype after all.

No one talks about this game, and when there's one, it's a hate post from someone who have never played the game at all.
What I'm saying is, the game is getting undeserved treatment from the community.

Tizoc

you know whats' never fun ever?

unskippable cutscenes

you know what's double not fun?

unskippable cutscenes right before bosses

damn you lost planet 3

we were starting to like each other
Pretty sure u can skip curscenes?
Are u playing on easy? Normal is doable but the game overall isnt that challenging.

gurm3n

Neo Member
Do you guys know that there's a game that receives zero hype from the Internet, and it's going to be released tomorrow?
Yes, it's Sword Coast Legends. The game gets so much undeserved hate from the community, even from way before anyone can play the game. According to Steamspy, the public beta version has about 40k owners so far. Here's some impressions from the public beta SP campaign.

I think that saying that the game is receiving hate is kind of an overstatement, it's just not getting much exposure. Looking forward to seeing how Sword Coast Legends ends up, I wanted to play a new Forgotten Realms game and this might be the chance.

I've been hankering to play a fps but I have no clue what. I'm bout to go through my first playthrough of Blood Dragon so hopefully that curbs it because I have no clue what else to play in the genre. I've beat metro/HL/Shadow Warrior/etc.

Uzzy

I've been hankering to play a fps but I have no clue what. I'm bout to go through my first playthrough of Blood Dragon so hopefully that curbs it because I have no clue what else to play in the genre. I've beat metro/HL/Shadow Warrior/etc.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

MUnited83

For you.
Why would you want to VR PSP games?
Why would you want to VR any older systems aside from Virtual boy?

The same reason you'd want to VR any games that didn't support it initially? You can play classics in a new perspective.
To me VR in emulators is one of the major things that make me interested on it. Dolphin VR has quite a few games compatible and the footage looks great.

Wolfenstein: The New Order
I've been meaning to replay it since my original playthrough on the ps3 which I imagine is not the definitive version by any means. That and I would like to play through the other branching path that apparently provides
Jimi Hendrix
as a crew member

Max Payne 3.
There's an fps mod? :eek:

I've also been meaning to go through this again since my first playthrough just consisted of me being mad because of how much it deviated from the "true max payne experience." Thankfully gaf convinced me of its own merits so I should really give it another shot (he he)

GOTY 2014: Wolfenstein: The New Order

Monooboe

Hey now, I've mentioned it several times. I'm hyped eventhough I fear it won't be the NWN I want. It's just 17 euroes:ish on Nuveem but you have to be or get help from someone local to buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom