• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Steam should add an auto download/install button on pre-ordered games when you are unable to download it on the moment of release due to not being there or sleeping.

Ooooorrr mandatory preloads. Essentially that would do the same thing as you're wanting due to automatically unpacking when the game has released plus for the internetedly handicapped like myself get a chance to play something on the day it comes out.

Knurek

Started playing P3FES again on PCSX2 and goddamn it looks pretty good with 5x internal res(Don't mind the shitty artifacts because i uploaded a PNG file to imgur).

How can you handle that shitty aspect ration on UI elements?
I'd much rather just play in 4:3, shit was hideous in Digital Devil Saga.

pahamrick

Started playing P3FES again on PCSX2 and goddamn it looks pretty good with 5x internal res(Don't mind the shitty artifacts because i uploaded a PNG file to imgur).

There's a way to fix the UI so the entire game displays properly in 16x9. Don't have a link handy though, sorry.

Parsnip

Last time I checked both Persona 3 and 4 suffer from a lot of moonwalking when widescreen hacks are used.
Is that still the case?

Knurek

I really, really want Steam version of Zestiria to outsell both Sony consoles.

I mean, I know that Bamco doesn't need much more convincing to support Steam, but maybe someone from AtlusSega will finally fucking take notice.

Dr Dogg

If some genius can find a graceful way to intercept and decouple a vast array of games' UI and display it at a different resolution to what the game is rendering at I'd pay them a small fortune. Possibly the biggest grievance I have with trying to play mouse centric games on a TV. Then again I did try to be a clever dick and got a 4K TV which has just made the issue fucking 4 times worse!

Last time I checked both Persona 3 and 4 suffer from a lot of moonwalking when widescreen hacks are used.
Is that still the case?

Was last time I played them. Then again it's due to how characters are spawned into the game world as they'd be off screen due to being designed at a 4:3 output. Some games have missing geometry and other oddities, lots of Gamecube titles have a lot of objects disappear outside of the central portion of the screen too. As the name implies they're hacks not proper solutions.

Shantom

I really, really want Steam version of Zestiria to outsell both Sony consoles.

I mean, I know that Bamco doesn't need much more convincing to support Steam, but maybe someone from AtlusSega will finally fucking take notice.

If you're including Japanese sales then there's no chance.

Parsnip

Was last time I played them. Then again it's due to how characters are spawned into the game world as they'd be off screen due to being designed at a 4:3 output. Some games have missing geometry and other oddities, lots of Gamecube titles have a lot of objects disappear outside of the central portion of the screen too. As the name implies they're hacks not proper solutions.
Yup. I just remember some people were working on hack on top of hacks to make them more bearable, but I never checked up on that.

Ozium

שלום לינכס
יום הולדת שמח

also nice to see the unmarked LIS spoilers starting up again... ridiculous

Steam should add an auto download/install button on pre-ordered games when you are unable to download it on the moment of release due to not being there or sleeping.

You mean... pre-loading? :lol

Finally!

Comes out during a time of year dedicated to scary games though.

Oh, you mean like AC:Syndicate?

Unmarked spoilers? Seems people in here have a penchant for doing that...

zkylon

zkylewd
שלום לינכס
יום הולדת שמח

ikr almost as outrageous as the whining about imaginary spoilers

Corpekata

Banned
Honestly probably just as fast for me to just download it at the official launch time and not deal with unpacking at this point. Seems weird to put it up an hour from launch.

Dr Dogg

Well I might finish downloading Zesty this side of November.

Yup. I just remember some people were working on hack on top of hacks to make them more bearable, but I never checked up on that.

Good luck to them. Last time I spent time with my head buried in Cheat Engine to just alter a games FOV angle it took 2 days to get anywhere. Then again the problem with integer strings is you're going to get a lot of results back :(

Saty

Did they fix the biggest problem with OlliOlli that made me drop the first game instantly? Later missions require do to make 30 or 50 spins in the same run, but there's no real time counter or indicator how many you pulled off. With all the things i need to do, i really don't want to start keeping count of spins i've landed and you just end up trying to spin every time and failing.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
There's a way to fix the UI so the entire game displays properly in 16x9. Don't have a link handy though, sorry.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I use the widescreen patch. I have the folder with all the ps2 widescreen hacks on my desktop at the very least.

Is that still the case?

Yeas, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take. Also moonwalking looks pretty fabulous.

Did they fix the biggest problem with OlliOlli that made me drop the first game instantly? Later missions require do to make 30 or 50 spins in the same run, but there's no real time counter or indicator how many you pulled off. With all the things i need to do, i really don't want to start keeping count of spins i've landed and you just end up trying to spin every time and failing.

Probably not.

Wait for it to be 75% off?

Just hope the port is better than 13 and 13-2.
I want more than just serviceable.

The port will likely be the same quality. So if you're hoping for better, you're probably in for some disappointment.
You could always go buy a PS3 and just play the trilogy there for "more than serviceable". ;)

Dr Dogg

Just hope the port is better than 13 and 13-2.
I want more than just serviceable.

We're getting rudimentary and you know it.

The port will likely be the same quality. So if you're hoping for better, you're probably in for some disappointment.
You could always go buy a PS3 and just play the trilogy there for "more than serviceable". ;)

As shit as peeps say XIII and XIII-2 are on PC they're both leagues better than the console releases. You'd have to have an old, old GPU to be on the same level even.

Corpekata

Banned
I'd wager a decent amount of the delay for Lightning Returns was the Dive In stuff, and then later the other FF games launching on Steam like Type 0, they probably wanted a bit of a buffer. So not extra work time, just scheduling issues.

Jawmuncher

We're getting rudimentary and you know it.

As shit as peeps say XIII and XIII-2 are on PC they're both leagues better than the console releases. You'd have to have an old, old GPU to be on the same level even.

The Type-0 port I hear is better than XIII and XIII-2. So if we can at least get that level i'll be happy.

Tizoc

Thgere's also a cartoon in th works.
Honestly Megaman games are short, they shouldn't aim for something big or grand. Something like 9 and 10 is fine; 8 bosses, give it a good sense of replayability and you're golden.

My brother's MOST played handheld game is Maverick Hunter X, maybe Capcom can look at X1 and MHX for ideas on how to offer a good replayable Megaman game.

Jawmuncher

You all joke but Mega Man is gonna come back. I think Capcom has figured that if they keep in in the realm of stuff like 8 and 9 they'll be golden. His games fit great for digital type stuff.
I don't think there's any hope for bigger stuff though like MML3. I say this not even caring about Mega Man.

Type-0 was released on PS4. So unless they're revamping the XIII trilogy for PS4, I don't know that what you say is reasonable to expect.

I would like to think such a delay meant they put more work into the port this time.
13 and 13-2 were pushed out rather fast to coincide with the cloud based releases in japan.
Don't think LR even got released on that service, so one can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom