• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all joke but Mega Man is gonna come back. I think Capcom has figured that if they keep in in the realm of stuff like 8 and 9 they'll be golden. His games fit great for digital type stuff.
I don't think there's any hope for bigger stuff though like MML3. I say this not even caring about Mega Man.

Mega Man can come back; MM9/MM10 were well received digitally last gen (and would be right at home on Steam, arguably as part of the "Legacy" collection).

Then again, there's no guarantee Capcom will do something reasonable with the franchise as they're all about trying to innovate to get more appeal and bigger sales numbers.

KarmaCow

I'm having an issue with Steam not recognizing existing game files and instead redownloading the entire thing. What I did was first move the files to the appropriate folder, tell Steam to start downloading the game. Steam seems to go through the process of checking the files in that folder but then just deletes them and starts downloading the game fresh. Verifying the cache does nothing, it validates all the files as if nothing is wrong. What am I missing here? I didn't have this problem before, I first noticed it when moving MGSV around.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm having an issue with Steam not recognizing existing game files and instead redownloading the entire thing. What I did was first move the files to the appropriate folder, tell Steam to start downloading the game. Steam seems to go through the process of checking the files in that folder but then just deletes them and starts downloading the game fresh. Verifying the cache does nothing, it validates all the files as if nothing is wrong. What am I missing here? I didn't have this problem before, I first noticed it when moving MGSV around.

It doesn't always work. The best approach is to also move the accompanying manifest file (appmanifest_appid.acf in the root of the SteamApps folder) so that Steam still considers the game installed. That way you don't waste time waiting for Steam to verify the files, let alone waiting even longer still for the game to download again if the process fails.

Parsnip

Did you also move the .afc file from steamapps folder?

edit: Damn it Jase.

second edit: I feel like that "Kojima offically out of Konami" thread is going to go places.

Knurek

Oh man, who needs Phoenix Wright on PC when we have Inspector Jenks?

ss_f33622ad529f91fcd66d6eda02e5609445b277c0.jpg

Monooboe

Damn there's a ton of stuff I would like to follow up on in Witcher 3, for example
somehow have Black Beauty as my horse
and
would love to know Rosa a little better.*wink wink*

KarmaCow

It doesn't always work. The best approach is to also move the accompanying manifest file (appmanifest_appid.acf in the root of the SteamApps folder) so that Steam still considers the game installed. That way you don't waste time waiting for Steam to verify the files, let alone waiting even longer still for the game to download again if the process fails.

I did that for MGSV a month ago and still had that issue. In this specific case, Steam randomly decided Payday 2 wasn't installed despite all the files still being there untouched. I'm pretty sure the .acf file was there as well, though I may have looked at the wrong appid number at the time. It doesn't matter now though since I guess initiating the download process recreated the .acf file. Am I just SOL here and have to redownload all the files? I copied the existing game folder but not the .acf file itself before starting the download.

Hektor

Damn, LiS Ep. 5 is releasing in 40 minutes.
And i have to go to sleep.
Because i need to wake up again in 7 hours.
So i can work for 9 hours.

FML.

Salsa

LiS in 40 minutes hah

time to kill warren

manuals in olliolli2 make it such a better game immediatly

its tony hawk all over again

ArjanN

LiS in 40 minutes hah

time to kill warren

manuals in olliolli2 make it such a better game immediatly

its tony hawk all over again

Yeah, kinda funny how that went through the same arc as Tony Hawk with adding the manuals and reverts.

titan souls worth 8.49?

I really liked it, but I like boss fights and Shadow of the Colossus, also I didn't mind that it wasn't all that long.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
40 minutes? Unless I've lost all control and sense of time somehow, it's an hour and a half at the earliest for PC:

PC

Australia (AEDT): 11:01 AEDT (20 Oct) 8:34 AM as of this post

UTC: 00:01 (20 Oct) 9:34 PM as of this post

UK (BST): 01:01 (20 Oct) 10:35 PM as of this post

West Coast America (PDT): 16:01 (4 PM) (19 Oct) 2:35 PM as of this post

Salsa

Considering that you could have picked it up with a whole bunch of other Devolver games in the make your own Bundle: no

I mean

this kinda thing doesnt make sense

he didnt; deal probably wont repeat itself or itll be a while till it alone reaches a similar price

doesnt answer wether or not the game is worth 8 bucks; which id say it is

Reminds me of how bummed I was learning that MvC had no Campaign, so I could watch the crazy cast on Youtube.

Fighting games rarely have a "campaign" outside of the way that Netherrealm has done it with MK9, MKX, and Injustice. Blazblue has one, but it's so convoluted and anime that I wouldn't blame people for skipping to the fights.

Now Capcom games? You get the "choose your fighter(s), beat a bunch of stages, beat the boss, get an ending." Always have.

Furthermore, MvC(3) had nothing to do with Mega Man -- he was in SFxT.

Well, mine was a sarcastic reply because ultimately only you know how to decide the value of a game to you and how much your 8.49 is worth... asking other people if it's worth that amount is pointless. :p

Bernardo tends to be about getting things as cheap as possible, so since you could've gotten it as part of the crazy build your own Devolver bundle during the last Humble sale, he's indicating that he doesn't think it's worth that much cause it will be cheaper again someday, I'd wager.

Salsa

I kinda feel like playin titan souls now even tho I have a ton of shit to finish and playing

not like its deep or long. installin now

dick jokes

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Thanks, Mad Max, for crashing seconds before the finish line of a really annoying Death Run.

I stopped doing them as soon as I finished the required ones for the achievement. Any cars other than the variants of your own car were pure ass. I was so relieved they didn't tie those to the achievement. It was also super lazy that they re-use each one like 3-4 times. I mean these are simple point to point races.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Downwell feels really good to play, it's pretty damn hard too, difficulty feels a bit random at times. Haven't beat second level after 2 hours xD

Salsa

I saw that death race thing in mad max and went lol nope and never did even one

they sound super boring. car handling just isnt as fun as to warrant an entire racing thing

Uzzy

Fighting games rarely have a "campaign" outside of the way that Netherrealm has done it with MK9, MKX, and Injustice. Blazblue has one, but it's so convoluted and anime that I wouldn't blame people for skipping to the fights.

Now Capcom games? You get the "choose your fighter(s), beat a bunch of stages, beat the boss, get an ending." Always have.

Furthermore, MvC(3) had nothing to do with Mega Man -- he was in SFxT.

Both Persona 4 Arena and Guilty Gear Xrd have story modes that are actually focused on the story. Hell, Xrd's is a pure visual novel.

just got an update downloaded for Tales of Zestiria...it made the DLC show up on the listing

The Mystic Atres DLC and Skits DLC are there (apparently that VIP Corner site is only for the Alisha DLC afterall)

Almost bought Tales of Zest but then I realized I have no time or desire to play it and it would be touched for 5 minutes and forgotten. I didn't buy it.

I'm finally free ;-;

MUnited83

For you.

I mean

this kinda thing doesnt make sense

he didnt; deal probably wont repeat itself or itll be a while till it alone reaches a similar price

doesnt answer wether or not the game is worth 8 bucks; which id say it is
I mean, unless you absolutely want to play through it immediately , sure, go for it, its worth that much. I just can't recommend it when there have been a few deals where it has gone cheaper recently and is bound to get even cheaper soon enough.
So yeah, pick it up if you plan on playing right away.

I finished Dead Space. Actually a really fun game, it never becomes scary, just unsettling.

That ending would had left me cold, if I didn't know that it is a trilogy.
francis.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom