• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

stil cant believe they havent patched like a retry to titan souls

die

back to checkpoint

walk all the way over boss again

this was the number 1 complaint in every single review

how hard can it be to add it post-launch. I dont get it

Uzzy

Speaking of fighting games..

SFV Beta 2 Information Update

The important times for PC gamers are as follows:

• 23/10/15 09:00 PST (17:00 BST/ 24/10 01:00 JST/12:00 EST) – The second SFV beta begins for both PC and PS4 users (cross-platform play).
  • 23/10/15 17:00 PST (24/10 01:00 BST/09:00 JST/20:00 EST) – Karin unlocked.
  • 24/10/15 04:00 PST (12:00 BST/20:00 JST/07:00 EST) – Servers down for scheduled maintenance for 10 hours.
  • 24/10/15 14:00 PST (22:00 BST/ 25/10 06:00 JST/17:00 EST) – Servers back online.
  • 25/10/15 16:00 PST (26/10 0:00 BST/ 08:00 JST/19:00 EST) – Beta 2 concludes.

Guess I'll be rushing home on Friday then!

MadGear

Fighting games rarely have a "campaign" outside of the way that Netherrealm has done it with MK9, MKX, and Injustice. Blazblue has one, but it's so convoluted and anime that I wouldn't blame people for skipping to the fights.

Now Capcom games? You get the "choose your fighter(s), beat a bunch of stages, beat the boss, get an ending." Always have.

With the early "leak" about Square Enix being involved and considering a recent comment chances are that Capcom will break that rule with SFV. There is no doubt that this will end up being cheesy, but as someone who got some enjoyment out of the story in Injustice I'm genuinely looking forward to this.

Speaking of SFV: SFV Beta 2 Information Update - Start Time for PC/Cross-Platfrom Test moved up slightly
Edit: Guess I was a bit too slow on this :D

Jawmuncher

• 23/10/15 09:00 PST (17:00 BST/ 10/24 01:00 JST) – The second SFV beta begins for both PC and PS4 users (cross-platform play).
  • 23/10/15 17:00 PST (10/24 01:00 BST/09:00 JST) – Karin unlocked.
  • 24/10/15 04:00 PST (12:00 BST/20:00 JST) – Servers down for scheduled maintenance for 10 hours.
  • 24/10/15 14:00 PST (22:00 BST/ 10/25 06:00 JST) – Servers back online.
  • 25/10/15 16:00 PST (10/26 0:00 BST/ 08:00 JST) – Beta 2 concludes.

Can someone put this in EST for the lazy?

lifeisstrange_2015_10ubuu4.png

i don't think so tim

Pakkidis

Today is exactly 2 years since I got a PC. In that time I decided to track my purchases and here is my results....enjoy!

Free Games ( Giveaways, promotions, modbot, card money, free to play) 114
Number of Bundles Purchased 102
Games not Played 593
Total Games in Library 880
Hours on Record 3403

Most Expensive Bunle (Star Wars) $33
Most Expensive Individual Game Purchased ( Bioshock Infinite) $9.99
Cheapest Indiviudal Game (Ro0goo) $0.29
Total Spent on DLC $33
Average Price Per Game $1.53
Total Cost $1,175
Total Cost without Sales (steamdb calculator) $12,367

Savings $11,192

MUnited83

For you.
Almost bought Tales of Zest but then I realized I have no time or desire to play it and it would be touched for 5 minutes and forgotten. I didn't buy it.

I'm finally free ;-;
I ultimately decided against it as the price isn't attractive enough for me. I dont have much hype for Zestiria and by the time i'd complete it it would probably be on sale already. So I will just wait until it's 75% off.

Bring me Tales of Xillia though, and I will be all over that Day 1

Ozium

die

back to checkpoint

they don't want to destroy the integrity of their VISION

Ryne

Zestiria is taking too long to install :(

58 minutes left :(

Played and beat many of tyhe tales game over the years (going through Vesperia on 360 for the second time) but this is a new experience. Hopefully I can push this game.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Have foils become more common, or am I just getting extremely lucky. Recently every 7-10 games I idle, I get a foil card, I've gotten like, 10-15 foil cards in the last month/month and a half.

Maniac

Banned
Today is exactly 2 years since I got a PC. In that time I decided to track my purchases and here is my results....enjoy!

Free Games ( Giveaways, promotions, modbot, card money, free to play) 114
Number of Bundles Purchased 102
Games not Played 593
Total Games in Library 880
Hours on Record 3403

Most Expensive Bunle (Star Wars) $33
Most Expensive Individual Game Purchased ( Bioshock Infinite) $9.99
Cheapest Indiviudal Game (Ro0goo) $0.29
Total Spent on DLC $33
Average Price Per Game $1.53
Total Cost $1,175
Total Cost without Sales (steamdb calculator) $12,367

Savings $11,192

Fuck

PC gaming is expensive

Should've stuck to a console, there you evven have the privilege of paying to use your own internet!

Get good, PC mustard rakes!

Ozium

Am I the only one in here HYPED about Afterbirth DLC for BoI? comes out in 11 days and no one cares except like me and Grief.exe

is it cos it ain't animu?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Have foils become more common, or am I just getting extremely lucky. Recently every 7-10 games I idle, I get a foil card, I've gotten like, 10-15 foil cards in the last month/month and a half.

Pretty sure it's all just down to luck, I don't think the drop rate has changed.

Lomax

Am I the only one in here HYPED about Afterbirth DLC for BoI? comes out in 11 days and no one cares except like me and Grief.exe

is it cos it ain't animu?

It was #1 on the top seller page the day it hit Steam, so there's clearly some hype. Personally, while I thought the updated version was brilliant and my GotY for that year, I haven't really put that much time into it (15 hours according to Steam). I'll probably still pick up the DLC before release, but it's as much out of respect for how much I played the original version as anything.

Momentary

Banned
Just so everyone knows. The Mystic Artes are automatically included in your DLC tab of the game along with the skits, weapon skins, and costumes. All you need to get from the VIP corner is the Alisha thingy.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Pretty sure it's all just down to luck, I don't think the drop rate has changed.

Yai, well some are hard to sell so not straight-up lucky, but it's just I've been noticing the pattern lately from card drops so I wasn't sure if I was just striking luck of the draw there a lot, or what.

Chariot

new mgsv fuckery incoming, posspl. the silver arm and the
sniper wolf
outfit for quiet are gone. Some say bug, some say gonna sold to us again. we don't know. tune in nrxt week.

Ryne

Today is a good day.

Picked up my Mionix Naos 7000 that I bought from Massdrop, absolutely love it so far.

Dragon Quest Heroes for PS4, Legend of Legacy for my 3DS, and my blue and pink Yarn Yoshis.

Time to play Zestiria :)

I don't know, but foils hardly sell these days. Most of mine have sold for <$0.50... most of the time it's <$0.30.

die

back to checkpoint

Can't wait til people like you manage to get this added to Dark Souls 3.
It'll be the bee's knees.

What does a game releasing on PS4 has anything to do with a good PC port?

They don't need to revamp anything for that to happen

PS4/X1 being close to PC should've made a much easier and more optimized port and could be the reason for the difference between the Type-0 and the FFXIII games. Since LR doesn't have a PS4 version, I'm guessing we'll see a port more in line with what was already released for XIII and XIII-2.

dot

• 23/10/15 09:00 PST (17:00 BST/ 24/10 01:00 JST/12:00 EST) – The second SFV beta begins for both PC and PS4 users (cross-platform play).
  • 23/10/15 17:00 PST (24/10 01:00 BST/09:00 JST/20:00 EST) – Karin unlocked.
  • 24/10/15 04:00 PST (12:00 BST/20:00 JST/07:00 EST) – Servers down for scheduled maintenance for 10 hours.
  • 24/10/15 14:00 PST (22:00 BST/ 25/10 06:00 JST/17:00 EST) – Servers back online.
  • 25/10/15 16:00 PST (26/10 0:00 BST/ 08:00 JST/19:00 EST) – Beta 2 concludes.

Sweet, can't wait. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom