• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

A simple illustration of issues with the critics score is the latest expansion to WoW - Warlords of Draenor. If you ask me, it is a complete flop and it was seen that it is a flop very early into the game (heck, they lost half of their players during this expansion and losses continue). Yet the critics were giving it no less than 90, frequently more all the way until it became apparent to everyone how big of a flop that expansion is - and even after that the critics score sits at 87... User score of 61 is much closer to the sad reality.

Critic scores of MMOs and MMO expansions are always going to be useless. The way they consume content for their job tends to bias them towards a small amount of flashy content that can be experienced quickly, because they are just going to play a game for a week and then move on to the next game.

But I agree that the taste of professional game critics rarely aligns with my own. All too often a highly polished, but utterly generic and boring game is given tons of accolades, only to be completely forgotten the next year. Though the gaming public has a tendency to do the same.

Yo the street fighter thread with that leaked character is hilarious, bitching about her skin color. People in this forum be killing me sometimes son

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Yo the street fighter thread with that leaked character is hilarious, bitching about her skin color. People in this forum be killing me sometimes son
Still can't beat the "shitstorm" about no PoC in medieval Bohemia for Kingdom come:deliverance.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Videogames
20a93482e6.gif

People will always bitch about something, or create something to bitch about. News at 11
Cmon though, you gotta admit that its funny. The reaching for something to bitch about is real. I like how it cant even be that they dont like the design, they just got to make it about some social issue

Knurek

Nearing 50th hour spent with Witcher 3, I don't think I'm halfway through.
The game shouldn't be called Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Instead, CDPR should've named it Witcher 3: Sustainer of Backlogs.

Seriously, I've barely touched Gwent. Gwent! Not to mention most of open world activity. Those 50 hours are mostly main and side quests.

(GOTY choice will be hard this year)

Arthea

I'm checking my theory, it had PS4 thread with something like 200 posts, I'll see how PC one does, probably dies in an hour

one hour? more like 5 minutes

I totally should have named that thread "Exclusive PS4 game is coming to steam", that would have gotten some attention,
not of the kind I want unfortunately

Cmon though, you gotta admit that its funny. The reaching for something to bitch about is real. I like how it cant even be that they dont like the design, they just got to make it about some social issue

Oh, i'm not denying that at all. They've complained about the design, the hair and even the skin. I wonder what they'll attack next.

Nonetheless, we should tone down the idle chatter and discuss something more on-topic. The past 2 days have been a bit...crazy to say the least.

Was too busy playing video games most of yesterday to post. Started Sniper Elite 3 which is fun. The more open maps offer a little variety. Also bought Arcana Heart 3 Love Max, which I thought I wouldn't want at first because of the homing mechanic but, I did want to play it since I never got it on the PS3. Enjoying both games.

I would like an AH3 badge but the card prices are so hilariously high right now that getting a even the level 1 badge would cost a few dollars.

As for Laura, I think she looks really damn cool.

The game shouldn't be called Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Instead, CDPR should've named it Witcher 3: Sustainer of Backlogs.

Seriously, I've barely touched Gwent. Gwent! Not to mention most of open world activity. Those 50 hours are mostly main and side quests.

W3 is godly,took me 80 hours of pure bliss to beat it

about 50 in myself too and getting near the end (i think). I really like all the contracts that were in the game. Jumping back in this weekend since he new DLC is coming soon to get the feel back

Dsyndrome

I had no idea this was even coming to PC until yesterday when I noticed it being mentioned in my activity feed. Thought it was a PlayStation exclusive.

Same, gave it a thumbs up.

Somebody mentioned a D3 game night or something, I'd be down if anyone ever wanted to do that.

Knurek

Fuck, bought Raiden III on Nuuvem, the key they provided comes up as already redeemed.

Sent a support message, we'll see if they handle it.

Game wasn't VPN protected, so I should be in the clear, right? First time something like this happened to me. :\

Grief.exe

Quite excited. I would preorder a new fallout if it was the exact same engine/graphics as 3

Personally I'm less worried about the visuals and more of the inherent shallow design, brain-dead gameplay, and poor writing that tends to follow Bethesda RPGs. Though Gamebryo was a joke 5 years ago, let alone in 2015.

If you are excited, then pre order. Looks like a good deal.

Hektor

So, i just finished The Beginners Guide.

Mhm. I honestly dont know what to say about this game. Its... uniqe, to say the last. I recommend it.

Oh, i'm not denying that at all. They've complained about the design, the hair and even the skin. I wonder what they'll attack next.

Nonetheless, we should tone down the idle chatter and discuss something more on-topic. The past 2 days have been a bit...crazy to say the least.
I don't like her hair but everything else about her is wonderful. If all her hair was long and flowing like her right side, I'd be very impressed with her. She still looks good overall and I hope that she's in the beta.

Dsyndrome

Gwent's awesome unless you're playing against someone with a Monster deck, and you're not playing Monster. Bunch of cheating, f'ing bastards those folks are.

Buraindo

Gwent's awesome unless you're playing against someone with a Monster deck, and you're not playing Monster. Bunch of cheating, f'ing bastards those folks are.

Bait cards, frostbite and scorch are what I use to outplay monster decks. Also spies and decoys, but those are always great.

Kaleinc

Banned
Personally I'm less worried about the visuals and more of the inherent shallow design, brain-dead gameplay, and poor writing that tends to follow Bethesda RPGs. Though Gamebryo was a joke 5 years ago, let alone in 2015.

If you are excited, then pre order. Looks like a good deal.
And imminent goty edition which is going to be cheaper than DLCs.

Is the Fallout 3 writing really that bad? I tried to get my roommate into it a couple months ago, he played up to Megaton, and i watched. Of course its not Obsidian quality and its silly as fuck but i feel like the latter kinda makes sense in game. Then again, i havent played the full game since it came out and i was a dumb teenager at the time so what do i know.

Turfster

Is the Fallout 3 writing really that bad? I tried to get my roommate into it a couple months ago, he played up to Megaton, and i watched. Of course its not Obsidian quality and its silly as fuck but i feel like the latter kinda makes sense in game. Then again, i havent played the full game since it came out and i was a dumb teenager at the time so what do i know.

Beth can sort of do standalone quests, but their main quests are always nonsensical garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom