• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadGear

Her hair looks amazing.

Agreed.

I can understand that complaint. I know for me and other's, it's more a point that there's a character just in a general sense that has people excited now. I was getting pretty low on hype since none of the returning character's were doing much for me. Nor the previous two revealed new characters. Sometimes simple is what you need.

I totally understand you because all the reveals since (including) Vega didn't do much for me either and with Gief my hype hit a personal low so for me Laura actually is an improvement. Still, it's not enough to get me overly excited about this character just yet, but this might change once we get the proper reveal trailer of her.

Arthea

crazyrabbits, you just called Batgirl .... a filler? I would hide if I was you.

I suspected as much about Mobile bundles, no regrets then.

I can't believe that Transformers can be bought only on steam, I hoped to pick it cheaper from retailers... that 40€ on steam, I didn't expect this tbh.
I wonder why it's only on steam, digital version I mean.

It's the only thing that could possibly be worthwhile in the DLC, both because everything released so far has been pretty unsubstantial, and because everything has been only 2-7 dollars. If they even humored the idea of charging $40 for it all, then it has to be the only thing that's considerable.

Here's hoping it's like Cold, Cold Heart from Origins. It's a shame because the source material is ripe for side stories like that.

I'm betting it's going to be more mini-missions like everything else released before. Its description even sounds like a bunch of vignettes stitched together.

I'd much rather have a 4-6 hour DLC (like Cold, Cold Heart) that gives an actual narrative, side missions and resolution than this piecemeal crap. I was just reading a Kotaku story that even hypothesizes that Rocksteady just don't know what to do with the narrative.

crazyrabbits, you just called Batgirl .... a filler? I would hide if I was you.

It's a prequel that has no real bearing on anything that happens in AK. The side missions include piecing together audio logs from a guy the Joker fucked over, and disarming bombs
. It is filler.

Phew, all my categories were gone in Steam. Restarted and they were back again. Really glad that those are being saved to Cloud as well.
That looks amazing! You, er, got any of those mod lists? I played TBOGT last year with iCEnhancer and I've been meaning to check out vanilla and Lost and the Damned but never got around to it.
Sure! Preparing right now, might take a bit time ;)
Also, I tried iCEnhancer and there are much better looking visual mods.

Chariot

Cold, Cold Heart was pretty great. But the rest is garbage you are correct.
I still have to finish Cold, Cold Heart. The first bug I encountered was literally in the first second I could play. Could nothing do but turn Mr. Wayne around while the goons killed me... very slowly. In my second try I was stopped five minutes later in the game when I couldn't open a door. Then I didn't want anymore.

I still have to finish Cold, Cold Heart. The first bug I encountered was literally in the first second I could play. Could nothing do but turn Mr. Wayne around while the goons killed me... very slowly. In my second try I was stopped five minutes later in the game when I couldn't open a door. Then I didn't want anymore.

Wouldn't be Arkham Oranges if you didn't get a game breaking bug in the first minute of gameplay, friend.

Uzzy

I'm just glad Laura's leak meant that Ono couldn't troll everyone with pictures of lightning. I'd have been dying of salt overdose had he posted a few of those.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm just glad Laura's leak meant that Ono couldn't troll everyone with pictures of lightning. I'd have been dying of salt overdose had he posted a few of those.

Someone can perhaps mod Lighting in on PC and use Laura's spot?

Uzzy

Someone can perhaps mod Lighting in on PC and use Laura's spot?

Lightning the character yes. I'd take that.

Random lightning shooting out on a Brazilian stage, however, means something very different! Even the threat of Blanka coming to SFV would slay me.

Super Time Force Ultra is an alright game but it somehow becomes repetitive even within its 3-4 hour playtime. I can only play it in small sessions because it kinda grows tiresome after about 30 minutes.

I guess i might as well finish it.

Super Time Force Ultra is an alright game but it somehow becomes repetitive even within its 3-4 hour playtime. I can only play it in small sessions because it kinda grows tiresome after about 30 minutes.

I guess i might as well finish it.

That was pretty much my experience with it. It's really cool but near the end you kind of just want it to be over. The time mechanic is pretty rad though.

That was pretty much my experience with it. It's really cool but near the end you kind of just want it to be over. The time mechanic is pretty rad though.

i find it to be most enjoyable during boss fights. learning the boss's pattern and then adjusting to it with your next respawn is enjoyable. It's neat to see the chaos unfurl when the stage is over and there's like 20 guys shooting the boss at once.

I like their art style, too, but unfortunately their attempts at humor kinda strike me as meme-ish. A little restraint would've gone a long way to helping the humor land a bit better.

Arthea

Should haver rolled the dice and put PSA in the title and seen what you got.

I'm checking my theory, it had PS4 thread with something like 200 posts, I'll see how PC one does, probably dies in an hour

that is a horrible sentence, I admit
edited: fixed now

edit2: I'm somewhat kidding,
or do I really?

Momentary

Banned
Honestly, design wise this character really doesn't look that interesting because her only theme is: sexy martial artist. As much as I dislike R. Mika's look I have to admit that at the very least her look is very unique and easily recognizable. A Brazilian themed, revealing gi - which certainly looks good on her, not denying that - is actually a bit lame, even with those "friendship bracelets". I think for a game that focuses around martial artists dressing them in a gi is the safe and easy route and that is something they applied to way too many characters already (imo the only other fighters that should be revealed in a gi are Akuma and Makoto). I'm sure they'll come up with some alternative outfits that would have given the character a more unique look if used as the default one.

Then if Zen is who I think he is, you're going to hate his outfit too.

Phew, all my categories were gone in Steam. Restarted and they were back again. Really glad that those are being saved to Cloud as well.

Sure! Preparing right now, might take a bit time ;)
Also, I tried iCEnhancer and there are much better looking visual mods.

Thank you! I'm more than happy to wait for such greatness :D I've been very tempted to grab GTA V but I'm holding out for the Winter Seal and use some trading card money to soften the blow. This will definitely help to fill the time.

MadGear

Then if Zen is who I think he is, you're going to hate his outfit too.

I never said I hate them, just that they are boring and certainly do not help characters to stand out much/give them a unique and iconic look.
But I haven't been keeping up with the rumors at all, who is Zen supposed to be?

derExperte

I don't know about others, but I am usually looking at the user score, not the critic's score. Somehow it is more aligned with my own score.

Positive (2,989) vs Negative (34)

Is there some way to get a list of the highest rated games on Steam?

edit: Wait, you meant the user score on Metacrtic.

I wrote a review for this game and gave it 5 stars, but the developer reported it (along with creating a lot of fake accounts and writing fake reviews) so now I'm going to give it 0 stars. This game will put you to sleep and is not entertaining at all.

Someone's salty.

I don't know about others, but I am usually looking at the user score, not the critic's score. Somehow it is more aligned with my own score.

Literally 90% of the scores are either 10 or 0 in User Score. Wouldn't trust that garbage. Wouldn't trust a lot of professional critics either to be fair.

Salsa

man, really bummed about what ive been reading on Armikrog. RPS specially tore it a new one

hopefully there's a patch or two before I get back and start it

Is there a program out there that allows you to turn off your 360 controller after playing a game or is the only way to turn it off to remove the battery pack?

Here's another Vermintide Beta code...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Beta -- MB-6C020AFAEA6ECE34 - Taken by Chariot

Arthea

You're my personal little Turfster.

Interesting, thanks!

that not gonna happen! here it is again, it shouldn't have changed much in a week and I'm too lazy to make new one, because apparently nobody cares but me.

do you wanna know what games have highest user rating on steam (with more than 1K votes)?

now you will, list time!

1. One Finger Death Punch 99% - 8K reviews (totally deserved too)
2. Undertale 99% - 1,5K (totally unexpected)
3. Portal 2 98% - 54K
4. Counter-Strike (yup, not go) 98% - 50K
5. BattleBlock Theater 98% - 24K (I'm not sure I agree with this, it's good, but not this good)
6. Portal 98% - 20K
7. Kung Fury 98% - 15K (it being free has something to do with it being in top ten, I think)
8. Mark of the Ninja 98% - 9K
9. Broforce 98% - 8K (another one I didn't expect in top 10)
10. Crypt of the NecroDancer 98% - 4K

11-20
Nuclear Throne
Lethal League
Crawl
Epic Battle Fantasy 4 (whoa! good for Matt)
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Unreal Tournament (well... I told you it's the best shooter)
Primordia
Secrets of Grindea (can't wait to play this, next year most likely)
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ (it's actually highest rated VN, amazing)
Left 4 Dead 2

aw350

Banned
Literally 90% of the scores are either 10 or 0 in User Score. Wouldn't trust that garbage. Wouldn't trust a lot of professional critics either to be fair.

To each his own, obviously, I am just saying that the user score seems more aligned with my personal score - with all the stupid ways people score - maybe personal scores of others would align better with the critics.

A simple illustration of issues with the critics score is the latest expansion to WoW - Warlords of Draenor. If you ask me, it is a complete flop and it was seen that it is a flop very early into the game (heck, they lost half of their players during this expansion and losses continue). Yet the critics were giving it no less than 90, frequently more all the way until it became apparent to everyone how big of a flop that expansion is - and even after that the critics score sits at 87... User score of 61 is much closer to the sad reality.

I will say though that Metacritic is probably not a good way to look for game ratings overall. Still, I find users score more useful than critics. Again, YMMV.

r3n4ud

After playing a couple of hours, Underale does nothing for me. The folks you meet along the way are interesting, but that's about it. Perhaps it's because I'm killing everything in sight, but I don't get what the big deal is.

fertygo

After playing a couple of hours, Underale does nothing for me. The folks you meet along the way are interesting, but that's about it. Perhaps it's because I'm killing everything in sight, but I don't get what the big deal is.

Seem most people recommend true pacifist style, like good old fallout game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom