• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

no, it isn't, there are 0 warranties of any kind, by the way they describe it, they could give you one Bad Rats for those $12 and you take it and shut up, because that's what you signed for, some unknown games in unknown quantities.
Yeah. That's a glory hole I'm not peaking in.

Six days since my account was hijacked. Reading reddit posts about people who have contacted steam support a month ago and still nothing is making me lose hope. 500 games down the toilet.

I know its my fault my security was breached, but fuck man.
Aww shit, man. Did you try to contact Gaben already?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Six days since my account was hijacked. Reading reddit posts about people who have contacted steam support a month ago and still nothing is making me lose hope. 500 games down the toilet.

Bump the ticket.

Dr Dogg

GabeN can sent note to Support hamsters to check your case.

Breaking News!
Live footage of Steam Support hamsters in action
tumblr_mk6yf6fZiy1s2gg27o1_500.gif

Hektor

Do you really think there's any chance whatsoever of the games in the bundle being worth less than the bundle itself? I mean Grimrock 2 is already worth more than $12 normally.

Well, LoG2 has been going for 5€ already, the bundle would've to contain at least two games of a similar quantity to be a better deal then buying them in Sales.

And then there still would be risk involved, maybe you own the game already or maybe you dont care about it.

Something in me is really telling me to get Diablo 3. I played most of the base game on 360 when that originally came out. Does the pc version deviate in any ways? How is the expansion? Anybody on STEAMgaf fans of Diablo or play? I know it has its own community thread but I thought I'd see how my steam peoples feel about it

I just had a quick look and it turns out I've put in about 700 hours into the game since it launched :O

The game has come a long way since release. The PC version gets patches and features earlier although consoles do eventually catch up for most of the stuff. So far seasons have still not been implemented on consoles but there's word that might happen eventually. The console version has split screen and native controller support. It's also playable offline whereas the PC version requires a constant internet connection. The upside of this is that item integrity remains largely intact on the PC version whereas the console version is hacked to hell and back. The downside of course is if your internet goes down or their servers are being finicky then playing can be a problem.

The expansion is really good and I'd say it's a mandatory part of the experience now. The new act they added is among the best in the game. I can't say the same about the new class but that's personal preference. The real meat of the expansion is adventure mode and rifts which are the only thing you will do once you finish the story.

Reaper of Souls seems to be on sale on Amazon right now. $40 for both the game and expansion is well worth it.

yuraya

That Tony Hawk 5 metacritic score is nasty. I don't think I've ever seen such a low score.

I'm sure Valve goes through hundreds of these type of cases on a daily basis. They will reply eventually. As long as you have some proof its your account you should get your stuff back.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Rewatching Mad Max Fury Road: If Mad Max; Fury Road takes place in desolate wasteland, the sky color gradient should not be one of a coastal area!
Watch the Baja 1000!

a desert sky does not look like that.
I'm working on a 300 vs Mad Max thread so beware.

Hektor

You know which game should get a sequel? The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age.

Rewatching Mad Max Fury Road: If Mad Max; Fury Road takes place in desolate wasteland, the sky color gradient should not be one of a coastal area!
Watch the Baja 1000!

a desert sky does not look like that.
I'm working on a 300 vs Mad Max thread so beware.

Pls dont. Pls.

After taking many hours of trial and error I got all mods working now without any visual glitches.
Yes, it was a hassle but after seeing the final result it was absolutely worth it. The lighting, atmosphere, shadows, light shafts, detail. It's seriously like playing a legit great remaster of GTAIV.

At one point I learned about Nvidia cards having access to MFAA so I disabled SweetFX's SMAA solution. It does look significantly clean in IQ with it and has a felt zero impact on framerate, wow!

The real jawdropping scenes are definitely the nicely detailed buildings combined with the very sweet new lighting.

A big compliment to the modders who made some really realistic looking clouds and animations.
That looks amazing! You, er, got any of those mod lists? I played TBOGT last year with iCEnhancer and I've been meaning to check out vanilla and Lost and the Damned but never got around to it.

Jawmuncher

I do hope the Laura trailer is sometime this week. With a leak that size. Feels like the movie trailer leaks from Comic Con. Might as well just throw it up at this point.

Mr. Doop

That Tony Hawk 5 metacritic score is nasty. I don't think I've ever seen such a low score.

The fact that THPS5 even exists is still kind of baffling to me. Was anyone eagerly waiting for this game? Why would anyone think this is an acceptable state for a game to be in at release?

Maniac

Banned
The fact that THPS5 even exists is still kind of baffling to me. Was anyone eagerly waiting for this game? Why would anyone think this is an acceptable state for a game to be in at release?

Someone posted on... GAF or reddit, if not both, that Activision had mentioned that their Tony Hawk Pro Skater rights lasted until 2015. So perhaps that's the simple reason for the wank they've released.

The fact that THPS5 even exists is still kind of baffling to me. Was anyone eagerly waiting for this game?

Tony Hawk was. He needs the money.

Why would anyone think this is an acceptable state for a game to be in at release?

Publishers - and celebrities who just need money - think you can just rush development and release any old buggy piece of crap because gamers will buy it on name recognition alone.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Former Criterion heads developing 'spiritual successor' to Burnout

UPDATE: Coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC, aiming for VR.

UPDATE: Three Fields' co-founder Alex Ward has confirmed to Develop that the game will be a "spiritual successor to one of the Burnout series for PC, PS4 and Xbox One", and that the developer aims to support virtual-reality headsets PlayStation VR and Oculus Rift.

More information on the studio's sports game, meanwhile, will be revealed early next year.

MadGear

Honestly, design wise this character really doesn't look that interesting because her only theme is: sexy martial artist. As much as I dislike R. Mika's look I have to admit that at the very least her look is very unique and easily recognizable. A Brazilian themed, revealing gi - which certainly looks good on her, not denying that - is actually a bit lame, even with those "friendship bracelets". I think for a game that focuses around martial artists dressing them in a gi is the safe and easy route and that is something they applied to way too many characters already (imo the only other fighters that should be revealed in a gi are Akuma and Makoto). I'm sure they'll come up with some alternative outfits that would have given the character a more unique look if used as the default one.

Chariot

Honestly, design wise this character really doesn't look that interesting because her only theme is: sexy martial artist. As much as I dislike R. Mika's look I have to admit that at the very least her look is very unique and easily recognizable. A Brazilian themed, revealing gi - which certainly looks good on her, not denying that - is actually a bit lame, even with those "friendship bracelets". I think for a game that focuses around martial artists dressing them in a gi is the safe and easy route and that is something they applied to way too many characters already (imo the only other fighters that should be revealed in a gi are Akuma and Makoto). I'm sure they'll come up with some alternative outfits that would have given the character a more unique look if used as the default one.
Her hair looks amazing.
Did you never heard of the emu-statues in Sydney that the australians had to build to display their worship of the new emu overlords?
Haha, oh my god

Jawmuncher

Laura in SF5 looks really good. So much better than the female newcomers in SF4.

Checked out SF4 roster. There was only 3 new female characters for that game. C. Viper, Juri, and Decapre. Poison was in SFxT and already established in the SF universe so i didn't really count her. Kind of surprising thought there was more than that. Regardless outside of Decapre I thought they were all fine.

I can understand that complaint. I know for me and other's, it's more a point that there's a character just in a general sense that has people excited now. I was getting pretty low on hype since none of the returning character's were doing much for me. Nor the previous two revealed new characters. Sometimes simple is what you need.

So I've run through the Broforce TwitchCon demo three times, just to see if there were any differences. Seems like it's just the character introduction screens, The Brode's hair (which is dyed blue after the streamer Pokket) and new announcer work. Wish they had alternate outfits for the streamer characters.

I also don't remember seeing character intro screens in the regular game itself. The intro screen also looks way better with the animated logo.

I thought I heard somewhere that the game would be out of Early Access soon. Hopefully they add all these in.

Arthea

is Jasec OK? Anybody checked on him, I imagine roos would want that steam library of his for starters.

it's rather strange that Pavilion isn't upvoted massively as I thought it will be. The heck?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm... didn't Gabe had that old project before Steam that never got into fruition, but it was something around being proto-steam where every publisher would be able to put their games in them or something?

80 days sure was pooped out on Steam with no real promotion. For that price I can't get too excited anyway. Over twice the price of the Android port. Will wait for 75% off or a bundle.

FloatOn

Checked out SF4 roster. There was only 3 new female characters for that game. C. Viper, Juri, and Decapre. Poison was in SFxT and already established in the SF universe so i didn't really count her. Kind of surprising thought there was more than that. Regardless outside of Decapre I thought they were all fine.

yeah, they were perfectly fine but nothing particularly special to me. A female brazillian jiu-jitsu user with cornrows seems way more fun/unique than what was on offer from ladies in SF4. More grapplers the better is my overall position especially if it doesn't require 360 motions as I suck at that.

Hmm... didn't Gabe had that old project before Steam that never got into fruition, but it was something around being proto-steam where every publisher would be able to put their games in them or something?

I remember that. I believe the project wasn't a content delivery system with a store but a standard patch system. Instead of publishers having to maintain ftp sites, they could have their games patch automatically. That evolved into steam at some some point.

Arthea

80 days sure was pooped out on Steam with no real promotion. For that price I can't get too excited anyway. Over twice the price of the Android port. Will wait for 75% off or a bundle.

I'm kinda in the same boat, I'm curious about it after all fuss with GOTY and whatnot, but I'm not sure my curiosity is 10€ worth, waiting for winter sale and discount on this one.

It actually was in HB Mobile bundle (I never buy those), do they provide a steam key for bundle buyers?

MUnited83

For you.
I'm kinda in the same boat, I'm curious about it after all fuss with GOTY and whatnot, but I'm not sure my curiosity is 10€ worth, waiting for winter sale and discount on this one.

It actually was in HB Mobile bundle (I never buy those), do they provide a steam key for a bundle buyers?

Mobile bundle are only mobile, you don't get PC builds. A dev including a steam key when the game gets on steam is completely optional and pretty generous of them.

I watched the Batgirl DLC on Youtube. Absolute filler, just like all of the other DLC for the game.

The only one that looks halfway-interesting is the Harley Quinn one, if only for the Detective Mode easter egg.

You have a rich, layered world, and yet all the "epilogue" stuff released so far has been utterly pedestrian (
Red Hood killing a fearful Black Mask, Jim Gordon's running for mayor, Nightwing stopped Penguin from escaping GCPD
). It's so bad that you even have people on the BatmanArkhamVideos channel (which is basically the fan channel for everything related to the games) complaining about how shit the DLCs are.

I'm not holding out much hope for the Season of Infamy DLC.

I watched the Batgirl DLC on Youtube. Absolute filler, just like all of the other DLC for the game.

The only one that looks halfway-interesting is the Harley Quinn one, if only for the Detective Mode easter egg.

You have a rich, layered world, and yet all the "epilogue" stuff released so far has been utterly pedestrian (
Red Hood killing a fearful Black Mask, Jim Gordon's running for mayor, Nightwing stopped Penguin from escaping GCPD
). It's so bad that you even have people on the BatmanArkhamVideos channel (which is basically the fan channel for everything related to the games) complaining about how shit the DLCs are.

I'm not holding out much hope for the Season of Infamy DLC.

It's the only thing that could possibly be worthwhile in the DLC, both because everything released so far has been pretty unsubstantial, and because everything has been only 2-7 dollars. If they even humored the idea of charging $40 for it all, then it has to be the only thing that's considerable.

Here's hoping it's like Cold, Cold Heart from Origins. It's a shame because the source material is ripe for side stories like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom